Chapter 18

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was forced to stand behind Mr Choi, as he an Mr Chang faced each other from either side of the desk. The latter was sat back comfortably on the chair, his belly sticking out and the buttons of his shirt almost popping, while the man in front of him kept his back straight, his hands joined on the table. I almost laughed at the contrast but kept my lips tight. 

 

Mr Choi kept a polite smile on his face as he started talking « So Mr Chang, you asked for an urgent meeting. « 

 

" Yeah, I think we need to clarify a few things « He slipped a cigar out of his pocket, placing it between his lips " We have a situation right now"

 

Mr Choi raised an eyebrow " A situation ? I thought everything was good between us " 

 

The old man shook his head, clacking his fingers. The closest male to him quickly approached him with a lighter. Taking a hold of it he opened it, a small flame flickering in front of him, reflecting on his eyes that were staring straight at my boss " Well, not anymore "

 

He lightened his cigar, and hallowed his cheeks, before blowing smoke slowly, the white entity slowly ascending in the air.

 

I found it bothering how he never left Mr Choi with his gaze, the fire’s light reddening his face. I could only stare in awe at my boss calmness, who slowly tilted his head to the side, with an almost amused smile " What might have caused this ? " 

 

" We have worked together for a long time now, you providing us some customers, us insuring their safety. Everything was cool but now " Mr Chang leaned on the table with a smirk " We want our money. All those rich motherers gave you tons of money, millions even, and all we got is 20 ing percent of it " He shook his head "  If it wasn’t for us, half your customers would be dead. It’s thanks to us you got that money, so you taking 70 % and us 20 ? Not gonna work " 

 

A deep silence followed the old man’s rant, who harbored a satisfied smile. We all jumped when Mr Choi bursted laughing, clapping his hands.

 

" Oh dear, that’s it ? " He wiped an imaginary tear from the corner of his eyes " You didn’t have to do such a fuss for … this. " 

 

Mr Chang had a surprised look on his face "  What ? " 

 

" So you brought your best man, in my office, wearing a suit, saying you had an urgent matter to discuss when it wasn’t at all " 

 

My boss shook his head, before his smile left him, replaced by a dangerous frown " You think I don’t know what this masquerade is all about ? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter