Chapter 19

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Gangs ?

 

I stood frozen on my spot as my mind ran wild. 

 

What does he mean by gang ? Aren’t they corporations and firms ?

 

But … Something from the back of my mind told me that maybe it did make sense. All the little things, the article, Mr Choi … 

 

I closed my eyes, leaning on the wall for support, dizzy .

 

" Don’t ever say we’re the same ! « Came the muffled yell of Mr Choi " At least we have some ing self respect " 

 

Still shaken by what I just heard, I did my best to look as normal as possible I entered the room. Everything was quite, when I stepped in, the previous tension worse now, almost impossible to breathe.

 

Mr Chang was all red faced, his nostrils flaring, as my boss kept his head high with a fierce glare locked on his opponent. The bodyguards had a hand inside their pocket their shoulders and faces tense.

 

I grimaced, placing the coffees on the table, uneasy to come between the two males. It was almost like ruining between two armies in a battle.

 

Breath Breath Breath

 

 

" Mr Choi " I called , trying to keep a straight face " I will take my leave now "

 

Bowing, I passed by Mr Chang and his man, and I almost gagged when the old one winked at me.

 

Disgusting

 

 

I quietly sat on my desk, holding my head.

 

I kept on repeating the previous conversation I heard, again and again. 

 

Was it true ? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter