Chapter 14

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I went home, despite Kris insisting on taking me to a new restaurant, in order to catch up.

 

As much as I was happy to see him, I was tired and just wanted to go sleep.

 

When I entered the house, the lights were on, the sound of boiling water and the smell of spices welcoming me. I smiled as I quietly made my way to the kitchen, carefully placing my feet on the ground, one after another.

 

I slowly passed through the door, focusing on the old lady stirring the soup, her newly permed hair covered by her signature silk cap as she was singing to some old songs.

 

I grinned as I approached her, hovering my hands above her shoulders.

 

" Shin Minah, do you really think I didn’t notice you ? " Asked nana in a calm voice

 

I was the one who jumped back, gasping.

 

" How do you even catch me EVERY time "  I whined, stomping my foot.

 

She chuckled, finally facing me "  On apprend pas au vieux singe à faire la grimace* … Won’t you ever learn ? " 

 

I huffed.

 

Never, I repeat, never was I able to scare Nana. Since my childhood I tried many different tricks, like throwing a real spider at her, disguising as a ghost and the list goes on. She would either ignore me or wave me off. 

 

But no matter the number of times I failed I still tried … I mean … Maybe one day i will work ?

The thing is that Nana is a very calm and collected person. Never have I seen her afraid, or angry. She would just nag me but that’s it. In fact, Nana in a way, is the perfect combination of iron woman and motherly figure. She raised me well and gave me everything I needed : Love. If it wasn’t for her, I would probably live in the streets. She worked all her life in a small restaurant, selling fried chicken, despite being one of the smartest women I have ever seen. 

 

She spoke 5 languages, french, english, Korean , Chinese and Japanese, excelled in maths ( Especially when it came to prices ), and she had an amazing knowledge of literature from all around the world.It’s a shame she didn’t go to college or else she would have been a very successful person right now. 

 

Despite the lack of money or facilities she taught me to enjoy life humbly, for she never complained about anything. I’m thankful for the least I got, which to me was already a lot.

 

 

I was getting ready for bed when I remembered what I saw earlier at work.

 

The Tiger Symbol

 

I’m sure I already saw it somewhere else thought …. Not too long ago I’m sure

 

I laid down on the bed, racking my memories

 

Tiger Tiger Tiger

 

 

I kept repeating the word, as if it it would unlock something when my eyes widened as realization downed upon me.

 

Quickly standing up I ran to my laptop, the need to clarify this burning in me.

 

Tora’s Firm logo

 

 

The tiger head symbol appeared on the screen, drew in a black color, with a white background. I shivered at the sight of it. It looked so intimidating even though it was quite simple. Maybe that was the scariest part, despite its calmness you tremble by the knowledge of it’s power. 

 

 I tried to search if any other society or group had the same logo but it seems it wasn’t the case.

 

Sighting, I kept on searching on Tora’s Firm and it was always the same information coming back. 

 

Nothing I didn’t know.

 

Yawning, I was about to shut it down when I noticed one last page I didn’t see.

 

Tora’s Firm : The truth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter