Chapter 4

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dear Ms Shin,

 

We have received you’re request and examined you’re file. We are very impressed by you’re achievement and you’re abilities, and before according you this internship, we would like to interview you first. You're appointment is settled for Monday, at 3 pm with mr Choi.

 

                                                         We look forward to meet you

 

                                                                       Tora Firm

 

Is … Is this a dream ? It must be …

 

I kept on reading again and again the message, and I still couldn’t believe it. After a moment, unmoving, the news finally sinked in.

 

" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA "

 

Excitement filled my mind as i started bouncing and jumping everywhere.

 

Tora Firm accepted to give me an internship !!!!!! 

 

Yesterday night I finally sent an email. I still wonder how i was able to form a coherent letter …. 

 

But I don’t care, I got accepted and that’s all that matters.

 

My door slammed open.

 

"  Minah are you okay ? What happened ? Why are screaming ? "  inquired a worried nana, still wearing her silky hair cap and her pink nightgown. She was panting, holding her chest, obviously scared from my outburst.

 

I kept on jumping on my chair, smiling widely.

 

"  Nanaaaaaaa !!! I got it !!! I got my internship !!!! " I was clapping my hands, rocking from left to right as I announced the news. 

 

Her eyes widened before she started jumping along with me, holding my hands.

 

" Aigoo That’s my girl !!!!! "  She cheered, hugging me.

 

We both looked silly, but we couldn’t care less.

 

After a while, we sat on the floor, catching our breath.

 

Nana turned to me, grinning "  That deserves a reward … "  scratching her chin, she faked being thoughtful. 

 

I too stilled looking at her anticipatively as I knew what was coming. 

 

 

" Mmmm … Chicken barbecue ? " She finally said, winking at me

 

ASSAAAAAA * !!!

 

 

This was maybe one of the best morning i ever had, really. I Shin Minah, got an internship in the best law firm in the country … And I had Chicken Barbecue for lunch. Life sure was nice. 

 

No matter how happy and exited I was, I couldn't stop myself from asking how ?

I mean, sure, I am quite a good student, even if I hate studying ( I was classed third in my last test, mind you ), but we are talking about Tora Firm here, and knowing their standards, I wasn’t that good. The weirdest part, is that they answered me in one day, when they would, generally answer in a month or two. Was I lucky or really that skilled ? 

I shook my head.

 Nah I’m just overthinking. I should accept this opportunity without even a second though. 

 

Right ?

 

 

 

Remembering what happened yesterday, I decided to invite Kris for a coffee. 

 After all, if he didn’t anger me, maybe I wouldn’t have written that email, so I should probably thank him.

Arriving on the little cafe, located near Itaewon*, I noticed him already seated on a table.

On time, as always. 

He was wearing his black leather jacket, coupled with his dark denim jeans, his hair was neatly showing his beautiful face.

I happily approached him waving at him.

 

"  Hello baby "  I couldn’t stop my voice from being high pitched. 

 

He raised his head, smiling back.

 

"  Hey baby girl "  He leaned to me, pecking my lips with his soft ones, before embracing me. I sighed in his embrace, it just felt so good.

 

"  I hate it when we fight ", he groaned, snuggling his face on my neck, " You have no idea how I hate myself for yesterday "

 

I caressed his back, closing my eyes

 

"  Well, let’s forget about it okay ? « I answered « Let’s not bring this up again "

 

We sat down and started chatting, holding hands, laughing ... The usual

 

At a moment, during the conversation I remembered about the interview.

 

" By the way, I have great news «  I announced, a big smile on my face. " Remember when you said I wouldn’t get accepted at Tora Firm ? "  

 

His shoulders tensed " Yeah, why ? "

 

"  Well … " I grinned " I received an email this morning … And they accepted my request !!! "

 

He was staring at me blankly, his mouth agape. Maybe he was shocked to hear such good news ?

 

 

 

" If you didn’t get angry yesterday none of this would have been possible. I’m so hap … " I stopped my blabbering when I noticed his face paling, frozen.

 

I shook my hand in front of his face

 

"  Hey, are you alright ? You look sick  " 

 

He covered his face with his hands, mumbling something like a ' oh my god no ' 

 

 I tried to shake his arm but he wouldn’t move. 

 

Wow, maybe he’s having an indigestion.

 

" Kris ? Baby ? If you want we can go to the hospital "  I said, shaking him with more strength

 

That seemed to snap him out of his daze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter