Chapter 9

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tied

 

I was tied to a chair. I couldn’t feel my feet or hands anymore. A tape was over my mouth, muffling my sobs.

 

Darkness

 

All I could see was darkness, absolutely no light …. I would try to move head from left to right but I felt alone.

 

Cold

 

I felt the cold biting my skin. Shivers ran down my spin, my teeth clattering.

No matter how hard I shake, kicked, jumped, I couldn’t free myself. The ropes that kept me attached were scratching my skin, and I felt something hot trailing down my fingers.

 

Blood

 

It was landing on the floor, with soft and slow plicks.

 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps, getting closer and closer, each sound making my heart beat wilder, sweat trailing down my forehead. 

The strike came from behind me.

A hand caught my neck, it’s digits cutting slowly my breath, as lips landed on my ear.

 

" Watch you're back "  a deadly deep voice whispered at my ear " You never know what lurks in the shadows "

 

My eyes widened at his worlds, before my shivers turned into convulsions and trashing when his hand tightened around me.

 

No

 

No

 

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "

 

 

I was panting, the sound of my scream still ringing in my ears.

 

Nightmare, it was just a nightmare

 

Putting a hand on my chest, I tried catching my breath.

 

Despite being a dream, I was  shoked by how real it felt. I could feel everything, the pain, the cold and especially that man.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

Startled I jerked to the side before I turned to my left, picking my phone.

 

 

"  Hello ? " 

 

" Hello Mrs Shin " 

 

That voice … I automatically straightened up

 

" Mr Choi ? "  I asked, surprised.

 

I completely forgot about Tora Firm. With all the Kris issue and stalker thing … I got restless. I also thought they would not contact me after my y answer …

 

" Indeed. I personally called you to congratulate you. You are now an intern at Tora Firm "  he announced.

 

My mouth dropped in shock. I couldn’t form any coherent thought, and my voice seemed to have left me.

 

Wait…. I did it ?

 

" You will start tomorrow, I already have adapted you’re schedule to you’re class hours so there should be no problem. Please be at my office at 9 AM. Have a good day "

 

I could barely process what he just said when the line went dead. I kept on staring at the screen when realization dawned upon me.

 

" Oh .My. God " 

I started rocking from left to right pumping my fists in the air while kicking my legs.

 

I freaking did it !!!! 

 

Me, Shin Minah got the internship at the best law firm in the country.

 

I couldn't wait to tell Dara and Kris about it. They didn’t want me to go 

there huh ? Too bad for them.

 

Of course Mr Choi would call to …

 

Wait

 

Straightening myself up, I remembered our conversation.

 

How did he get my schedule ?

I don’t remember giving him any information about it … Did he contact my university ? 

 

Choi Seunghyun

 

Squinting my eyes, an idea popped in my head.

 

Taking a hold of my computer, I typed his name on the search bar.

 

Many results appeared, and I simply clicked on the first link.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter