Chapter 1

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

The loud sound of the alarm woke me up from my deep sleep.

But after a sleepless night, I honestly didn’t want to wake up.

I tried to cover my head with the pillow and get a bit more sleep when my room’s door slammed open, revealing a very angry looking lady.

She was a petit old women, with short curled hair. Despite her age she didn’t have much wrinkles and had a fit figure. In fact she could look like an innocent and nice grandma if it wasn’t for the terrifying scowl etched on her face.

" MINAH !!!!! You’re going to be late for school !!!!! Wake up !!! ‘’ She yelled, shaking me.

" 5 more minutes nanaaaaa ", I groaned, pushing her away snuggling in the comforter.

" YAAH !!!! You spoiled brat !!!!! You’re already 17 and still acting like a baby ! " She exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips

I didn’t even answer and started snoring

"  AHAA !! So it’s gonna be like this ? " She asked, raising her eyebrow

SNORRRRR

" Okay, I warned you "

She suddenly got a hold of the blanket and pulled it so hard, she sent me rolling on the floor. She may be 80 years old but she is strong, maybe even stronger than some men.

" Aaaa" i whined when my body collided with the cold and hard surface.

Nana was holding the blanket with a triumphant smirk on her face

" Meh stop overreacting and get ready, i made you you’re favorite today, chicken pudding " She said with a smug look.

I immediately straightened up the pain long forgotten.

‘ Really ‘ I asked with hopeful eyes

Laughing she bend down and ruffled my hair

" Come on dear "

I made my way to the bathroom, still sleepy but the shower’s cold water awoken me.

I was shivering when I finished and I was quick to cover myself with the towel.Looking at myself in the mirror , I almost screamed at the sight before me. I looked horrible, hideous even. I spent the whole night watching Games of Thrones and now i had huge dark circles and my hair looked like a nest, kind of like Sayako in The Grudge.

I started combing my locks the best i could, my long black hair reaching the middle of my back. It was such a contrast with my ghostly white complexion. I always looked sick and no matter how hard I tried to tan or at least have a more healthy complexion I would always end up making a fool of myself. I'm quite tall for a girl, neither fat or thin. I had curves that I rarely show. Most girls would definitely flaunt them to the world but I saw no use to it.

Many people told me i was beautiful, others told me I looked scary, especially with my blue eyes. I always try to hide them when I go out. Standing out isn’t my thing and being asked silly questions about my ‘contacts’ and all is just annoying.

In fact, when i was a kid, some would call me a monster. It hurt, really, and people don't know how simple words can hurt so bad. I became the socially awkward person I am now . People judge you and criticize you no matter what. Be different, just a bit, and you become the "weird" one.

To avoid any problems, I wear some brown lenses, to cover up my eyes and go unnoticed. After all, blue eyes certainly are different.

I always wondered who I got them from … My mother ? My father ? I guess I’ll never know after all.

Nana told me my parents died in a fire, a week after i was born. Since, she took care of me and raised me like her own daughter.

She’s the only family I have, and I cherish her more than anything else. No matter how we lacked in many aspects, the tough times we went through, the love she gave me was worth the pain. I would never give up this kind of happiness.

Setting down my brush, I did my best to cover my tiredness. Trust me, it takes a lot of concealer for that. Too bad my make up skills limited to that.

I grabbed my old torn jeans and my simple white tee and wore them while brushing my teeth. Fashion ? Yeah right … I am a fashion disaster. I don’t really care about the way I look, and it’s been an eternity since I did some shopping. My style could be described as tomboyish as some would say, not feminine enough maybe but trust me, there is nothing better than a good pair of pants and sneakers.

Running down the stairs I started sniffing something.
I gulped as I recognized the heavenly scent I knew oh too well.
There, on the table, was the most delicious thing the world has ever known.

Chicken pudding

I lunged to my seat, already devouring the delicious treat.

" Can’t you even eat properly ? " Exclaimed nana in front of me with horrified eyes, sipping her usual cup of tea.

 


Sight …

There she goes again … Fussing about how I should behave like a lady and stop acting like a brat bla bla bla …

I know i may behave like a guy sometimes,  not delicate or refined enough, but she she taking it to a whole new level.

" You will never get married at this rate ", she huffed

I rolled my eyes a the last comment

" Nana puh-leaaasssee ! Did you forget about K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter