Appealing #8

Of Pheromones and Choco Bubble Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung tapped her mechanical pencil on the surface of the open textbook. She anchor her chin using her other hand as her gaze lingered across the quiet library. 

She used to find solace and calmness inside here but she didn't know why, today it didnt provide the comfort that she yearning for. On the back of her mind, she knew that it had to do something with the charming 3rd year that have been friends with her cousin for almost 6 years.

Hayoung sigh.

It had slapped her that no matter what she did, it didnt fruit like what she expected. Her feelings towards a certain lisp senior definately didnt died down.

She still find it hard to breath whenever she caught the sight of him and, even the slightest glance would make her to mentally hyperventilate. And whenever her mind drifted to think about him, even just a merely one second thought, she could feel her heart beats faster. The gaze that he threw, the one she could feel on the back of her head, always lingers --inviting butterflies inside her tummy.

She didn't know how to reasons from all those symptoms.

To resist or to submit?

The other part of her feels like she shouldn't involve her feelings. Because Oh Sehun and Oh Hayoung  don't do feelings, at least when both of them are side by side.

And Hayoung knew that she will be laughed. Big time. Sehun would laugh -that mocking tinkling laugh of him that she find them somewhat adorable these lately. He will teases her nonstop, using this as a bridge, as a tool to keep her on her toes. Because Oh Sehun and Oh Hayoung are accustomed on pranking and on each others' throats. So, it will be hella weird and abnormal for her to suddenly confess her feelings.

But the other part of her wishes to shout to the whole world about her feelings. Let them know how this ticklish and nerve-wrecking feelings that she felt right now was the greatest thing that ever happened to her. She wanted Sehun to know, that the flutters inside her heart was solely because of him.

Rationality then hits her.

What's the point if she knew  the ending will not be pretty? So, she determine to bury this feeling. And Hayoung hoping for her luck to run a little longer, she hoped she could manage to pull a hide and seek game a little longer. Just a little longer, 7 months until he will be graduating and thats all she wishes for. 

Hayoung closes the thick textbook before she puts them on the counter alongside with her things before she tidy up the nearest table that had a few books scattered. She curses lowly.

"Why the hell these idiots can't put back the book on the tray?" She had muttered regardless her hand silently stacking the books arround her into a pile. She was bendingt down to take one book that have drop on the floor when she heard the wooden door of the library creaked open. She turned to catch the image of the door closing and certain someone dwelves between the nearest shelves. She couldn't see his face, but she caught the dark brown locks of his hair before the guy vanishes from her sight.

That's new. Hayoung could almost recognizes everyone that frequently visiting the library. The library always had its own frequent customers, mostly students that rather spent their break reading than  eating cafeteria's food. New faces can only been seen during exam weeks. And its far from the upcoming exam so who the heck came here?

Hayoung shrugged. Not minding on those little things, she pick up the pile and put them on the trolley before she wheeled them to the shelves on the back. 

She was just finishing the first two rows of the shelf, counting down the books and making sure all of them are located precisely at their designated rack. Hayoung wheeled the trolley to the other part of the library when she heard the door was once again being open and later closed.

'So much people coming in today. Well, probably they are having spot quizzes'

She shrugged and continue to do her work, eyes scanning through the bundles of covers in front of her.

Sounds of footsteps sounded  and Hayoung turn to see when she heard that it stop just as the person reached the end of the row she was standing .

Hayoung gasp out loud and shock clearly evident in her face. Her eyes rounded as the person steps closer to her, minimize their distance. Hayoung couldn't do anything but freeze and she unconciously drop the pen that she was holding and it roll on the floor.

"Caught you," he breathe, a small smirk hanging at the corner of his lips. 

"S-Sehun," she whisper yelled and H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter