Appealing #10

Of Pheromones and Choco Bubble Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung pace back and forth between her closet to the standing mirror located at the edge of her bed and each time her hands would bring along a new set of attire and she would just stand there while she pressed the clothes near her body.

Like the previous 6 pairs, she would end up groaning and throwing them on top of her bed.

Hayoung wails. Why couldn't she have any decent attire in her closet? Why everything looked so monotone and dull?

She gripped her hair and angrily pull them out in frustration.

"What do I wear now? Sehun is coming in less than one hour and I didnt even showered yet," she mumbles as she rakes her eyes through the open door of her closet.  

A knock on her door was the only thing that managed to stop her from pulling all her hair. She panicked a bit, thinking thqt Jingin would barge inside her room and witnessed her state. 

"Hayoung-ie, did you saw Dyo around? I've been searching for that furball but he's nowh-- Woah! What happened here?" the late 40  years old lady stopped and rounded her eyes as she scanned Hayoung's room.

At the sight of her favourite auntie, she quickly burst into a pathetic whine "Imooooo~ help me," Hayoung pouts and the old lady steps in before she closes her door.

"Why? Something's wrong?" she step towards the teenager, face frown with concern.

"I don't have anything to wear," she cries as Hayoung wrap her arm around Mrs Kim middle. She whimper when a warm hand come flew and her head.

"Hmm? I don't see what's the concerns. You have a lot of nice clothes," Mrs Kim said as she look towards her closet and Hayoung pressed her cheek on her auntie's belly as she look up to look at her.

"It's not. All of them look like it came from a thrift shop," she whined and Mrs Kim chuckle.

"I'm sorry. Next time let's grab some decent clothe," the old lady pats her head and sit besides her. Hayoung immediately shakes her head, feeling guilty at her aunties misunderstanding.

"It's not ike that. I really like all those clothes that you bought for me. It just that...I wanted to wear something pretty tonight,"

"Hm? Tonight? You planning on going somewhere?" Her auntie raises her brow as she moves closer toward Hayoung's wardrobe.

"Nowhere. I feel like I should dress presentably sometimes," she murmured, eyes nervously avoiding the other. Hayoung couldn't afford to let her aunt know her crush towards his son's bestfriend. That would just be disastrous.

"What for? It's only us today. Ah, I remembered Jongin said that Sehun is coming for dinner today! It will be just us plus Sehun. Why would you want to dress up?" the lady keep on rummaging inside her closet as Hayoung watched her from her bed witb a sad frown.

I just want to look pretty for once. At least in front of Sehun.

Hayoung sigh "Forgot about it, I'll just wear my spongebob pajama," she sulkily said as ger hand takes the hangers of the clothes she had throws and proceed to her aunt.

Mrs Kim laugh lightly "You sounded so sour,"

"I'm not," Hayoung murmured as she look at the figure of the old lady bending while her head disappears between her clothes "Imo, what are you doing?"

"Just a second. I'm sure I can find..something Aha!" Mrs Kim straightened her body and she turned to her niece with a beaming smile.

"How about this?"

Hayoung actually had to stopped herself from chocking at her aunt choice.

 

"What's up?"

Sehun arrival was always greeted with full enthusiasm from the Kim residence, one of the reason he doesn't feel awkward or estranged whenever he came over.

They would just welcomed him with a warm welcome and never did they think he is a burden, Sehun knew that. He can see their sincerity and Sehun truly appreciated that.

Being the son of a single father and also a businessman, he would often been left alone with the empty house as his company. His father would always travel for meetings and outstations.

Sehun never complained though, because his dad never neglect him or left him unattended.

If ever, he thankful for having a super dad that would always keep track on his safety and shelter, no matter how much the thousands distance are seperating them from each other.

It just that, Sehun finds its lonely to have your meal alone and Jongin knew how he hated that. And Sehun always thankful to Jongin because the guy seems to always noticed this trait of him and would invites him to join his family feast instead -not really mind that he would disturb their family time.

"Hun, come in. I just finished baked the brownies for dessert," Mrs Kim beam radiates the whole house as she lift her mitten covered hand and showed him the sweet treats that still oozing with hot steam.

Sehun smiled and he followed closely behind Jongin's back as they head towards the kitchen

"That smells lovely, ahjumma," he complimented and his hand immediately takes over when he saw the old lady was having trouble carrying out several bowl of dishes to be transferred to the dining table. Jongin followed suit as he carries few glasses and a jar of juice before he set up them to each seats.

"Thank you. You always good at complimenting me," Sehun received a soft pats on his bum but he would just smiled wider at the lovely lady that he always thought as his own mother.

"Well, I wouldn't dare to lie," he winked and both of them burst into laughter at the same time

"Mom," Jongin whined and Mrs Kim turned to his son with a cheeky smile before she pinch Jongin's cheek 

"Don't worry. You still my number one," she cooed and Jongin grunts.

Sehun smiled at that, feeling somehow jealous at the interaction. He decide not to interrupted and silently arranged the dishes neatly as both of the mother and son having their own personal conversations.

"Mom," Jongin sudden wails makes Sehun turn back to them.

"Whatever, go and help me cut some watermelon into pieces," she pushed Jongin into the kitchen and the boy obeyed despite of his non stop gruntings.

Sehun chuckled and Mrs Kim follow him suit

"Still a baby," she clicks her toungue and Sehun nodded, agreeing with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter