Appealing #14

Of Pheromones and Choco Bubble Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys, I wouldn't dare to make Chanyeol as a love interest in this story. My Seyoung heart would break into million pieces.

Anyway, enjoy!

 

 

 

One thing with Sehun that Hayoung noticed, he always gave wrong sign every now and then. He have this tendency on making people to feel confused and suddenly he will act the totally opposite of what you are thinking.

Like for example, how he constantly slow down his pace when they walk together, despite that he knows that she wouldn't mind being ditched (because Jongin always ditched her whenever she walked slow)

But Sehun would just shrugged and continue to walk besides her, not saying anything to each other but enough to makes Hayoung to feel weirdly safe and protected. It turn out, he was trying to impressed Moon Haerim, her bestfriend when she was 14, who 'coincidentally' was walking with Hayoung.

Theres one time Hayoung gave him a dish full of carrot as his birthday lunch as a prank, knowing that the said guy have a truly hate relationship with the orange vegetable. She purposely filled the lunchbox with every single thing based on carrot and Hayoung did that as a sort of revenge on all his wrongdoing.

But surprisingly, he ate them all- even have the guts to finished the raw carrot that she made as a sidedish on his salad.

Sehun would just shrugged again and said its because Hayoung the one who made it, so he trying to appreciate her cooking by finishing them all, leaving Hayoung to feel all warm and fuzzy inside her chest.

And Hayoung remember soon after how she barely hold herself from slapping the out of Sehun because the guy said something about how she would never get a husband or boyfriend because her cooking and even dogs wouldn't take a sniff at her foods. Nevertheless, he successful making her to feel her pride as a woman to be downgraded a notch.

Oh Sehun sometimes showed his overprotective side. Like when the guys in the soccer club would made fun of her for being so 'Hayoung' and ungirlish. Hayoung usually wouldn't mind those kind of comments, but when Sehun suddenly getting work up and defend her in public, she could feel her cheeks burning and head spinning. 

Its probably the effect from all the attention she suddenly received, and definately not because Sehun just freaking stick up for her.

"Because Jongin would kill me if I'm not defending you. Besides, Soomi doesn't like bullying others. I'm trying to get her attention a little bit," and in an instance, she could no longer feel the slight butterflies rampage on her stomach and instead its being replaced with a scowl on her face.

That's when she decided that: Everything come out from Sehun, his good deeds, or words or simplistic actions that weirdly causes her heart to thids from time to time are probably tricks to cover up his ulterior motives.

That is why when Chanyeol said that, Hayoung couldn't help but to stare off/zoning out and think, maybe just maybe. She had fallen for that certain brat a long time ago. Her annoyance and irritation towards the guy was just simply a facade for her broken heart. Because since long ago she never was an option for one of Sehun's girlfriends. Sehun would never like her, not the past them, not now nor later.

And that thought brought a tinge of bitterness to her tongue and then she realized it was her blood that she tasting. Hayoung had bite down her lips so hard while she was staring off into nothing and thinking. She winced and kicked off her lips

And she should be thankful to Chanyeol for bringing her back to reality

"Hey!" His hand waved in frint of her a couple of time and Hayoung blink her eyes as she release her teeth from clamping down her bottom lips so hard. 

Hayoung turned to look at Chanyeol and nearly laughed when the guy was frowning and look unexpectedly concern. Hayoung let her eyes maneuver to his hair and she takes another couple of seconds staring the perfect dark ombre colour.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol voiced his concern and Hayoung noted the awkward tone that he tried to hide.

"You changed your hair colour," and instead, her answered had make him to stare up to her in ridicule.

"Eh?"

"It used to be brown, now it looks like its on fire," she stated as her eyes takes another glimpse at the spread of maroon topping the tall guy's head.

Instead of Chanyeol being creeped out Hayoung could see the corner of his lips tug up for a tiny smirk

"So, you noticed me," he noted and Hayoung shrugged

"It's hard not to take note of the new face in the library who freakishly tall and have a bass voice," she said as she rest her back to the chair backrest and cross her arms.

Chanyeol chuckled and Hayoung feel her chest tingles when the sound resonates in her ears.

"Well, I must say that it is indeed hard not to forget my first day in school of being encounter with a hormonal teenage girl that bawling her eyes out from being rejected,"

Hayoung gave Chanyeol a hard glare

"Shut up! I was not being rejected,"

"Y'right," he mumbles and Hayoung was just about to argue and deny more when she stop and retract her 'worked up' pose and slouch down the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter