Chapter 8

Iridescent: Meeting on the crossroads

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. Now that finals are over I'll be updating more often. Hope you enjoy!
PS this chapter contains some swearing, just thought I'd let y'all know in advance.

 

.......................................................................................

Jackie was running a little late. Jimin was going to pick her up but her brother Aidan needed her urgently for some errands, so Jackie told Jimin to go without her and said that she would join him later. Aidan was so careless, no wonder he was dating a woman twice his age so she could take care of him. Jackie liked Emma, but she honestly thought Emma was too good and mature to be with someone like her brother. Unfortunately Aidan got the best genes in the family and was quite handsome, and his looks generally compensated for his carelessness. If not for Jackie, Aidan would have forgotten all anniversary and birthday dates, but Emma didn't know that...

Sighing, Jackie finished the last errand and wondered if she should change or go straight to the pub. She had actually put effort into looking decent- her hair was down instead of being in a ponytail, and she had bright red lipstick on. But then Aidan called her, freaking out, and she had to go help him after getting dressed. And now, she was sweaty, her hair was back into a ponytail, and her lipstick was fading. Great, she thought. But she was already quite late so she boarded the next bus towards the pub. In the moving bus, she tried as well as she could to put the lipstick back on. She dabbed her sweating face with some tissue and let her hair down. Not the same look, but running her fingers through her hair was the most she could do. Ten minutes later, she got off in front of the pub to see Jimin leaning against the wall, smoking. Jackie ran over and pulled the cigarette out of his hand and stomped on in. Angrily, she looked up at thim but he wasn't even looking at her. His eyes were zoning out somewhere behind her.

"We talked about this! You were going to stop smoking!"
Jimin just sighed and looked at his shoes. Jackie held his chin and pulled up his face to look at her.
"What's wrong Jimin? Do I need to beat anyone up for you?"
Jimin chuckled sadly. "It's all good Jackie..." His voice trailed away.
"Well, you're doing a fantastic job at convincing me everything is okay".
"I saw Gemma inside. And she looked so beautiful..."
"Are you ing kidding me? Jimin, are you listening to yourself??!"
Jimin huffed and turned away from her.
"Jimin, you can't avoid this, I thought you were doing so much better on this Gemma issue! You told me that you were almost over it. And here you are, calling her beautiful and smoking outside and basically looking like . You're hurting yourself, why aren't you doing something about it??!"
", Jackie! Do you think I like being like this?! I tried so hard but it is so damn hard, I am SO ing miserable. So excuse me if I am triggered by seeing my cheating, ex-girlfriend looking like a freaking movie star while I am still grieving over that's not even my fault."
"Well, then maybe you should learn something from her! Stop moping and move on!"

Jimin turned back to face Jackie, who looked as angry as he did. They were only a few inches apart but neither of them moved.

"Easy for you to say, I mean why would I expect you to understand a breakup, especially in such a serious relationship that I saw a future for. What would you know Jackie?!" Jimin was practically yelling at this point. Some passerbys stared at the two of them as they walked past.
"How dare you...", Jackie whispered, her mind instantly flashing back to the incident at the bus stop. Glaring at Jimin for a few seconds, Jackie walked away angrily into the pub.

Jimin immediately regretted lashing out at Jackie. She wasn't the kindest with her words, but that was her own way of caring for him. And he knew she gave good advice. But now, she was mad at him, and he felt even worse than he did before. He punched at the wall behind me, self-hatred coursing through his veins.