Chapter 33

Iridescent: Meeting on the crossroads

Hey guys!

I hope you’re doing well. I just wanted to let y’all know that this individual chapter is rated M for mature content (violence, language, emotional and romantic intensity (not though)). I don’t think the entire story deserves an M rating but this chapter does and so I am giving it in the very beginning here. :) The story is getting more intense and that’s why I felt this chapter was necessary. Let me know in the comments what you think of this new style of writing I tried. :)

And if you haven’t already, please subscribe! Your support would mean so, so much for a new writer like me. ^_^

PS I may not be able to update the story for the coming 3-4 days because I’ll be traveling again and won’t have access to internet. But I will definitely have 2-3 chapters ready to make up for the late update, hehe.

Until then, take care! And thank you for giving the story love so far. :)

Best,

Gargi

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................

Seunghyun knew this was creepy behavior but to be honest he didn’t care anymore. Having his father take away and hurt the one thing that made him happy beyond measure, made him do things he wouldn’t normally have done. He stood in one of the small classrooms that was close to the school backyard. The place with the small bench Jiyong loved to eat lunch at. Seunghyun stood there, waiting for Jiyong to pass.

Jiyong had been making every effort to avoid Seunghyun, and he had become so good at it that Seunghyun saw him only twice in almost 3 weeks. It was distressing for Seunghyun to not be even to glance at Jiyong after spending the previous night listening to his ‘father’ Callahan verbally abuse his mother, Kelly, and himself. Callahan was super-stressed about a work deal and had decided to take it out on his family. He would even hit his mistress sometimes, now that Seunghyun wouldn’t allow him to touch his mother. Last night, Callahan had dared to hit her and Seunghyun had stood in front of her to protect her, which resulted in him getting a punch on his jaw. Seunghyun now had a purple bruise blooming over his jaw into his sunken cheek. I need to see you Jiyong. I need to see one thing that makes me happy. I am tired of seeing my angry father, my depressed mother, and my heartbroken sister. Let me see you. Just once.

But Jiyong never came.

Seunghyun waited and waited. But the corridor stayed empty. As a last resort, he walked into the backyard but only saw an empty bench. This was not normal. Jiyong is always here during recess.

Seunghyun was about to give up when he heard a heartrending scream. It made the hair on his arms stand up and his blood run cold. He knew this sound. And this was close. Very close.

Seunghyun ran to the men’s bathroom two doors over.

He slammed his body into the door and rushed in, panting, his eyes darting around. Where are you.

Instead, he saw a crowd. Gathered around something.

Someone?

“Jiyong-ah,” a voice from the crowd said, “I heard you might have something to tell us?”

“…no. No. No. No.”

“I heard you like , Jiyong-ah.”

“No! No! No!”

“Would you like some now? We could use the rod over there instead. Since none of us are unnatural like that.”

“No! I am sorry, I am so sorry!”

“You weren’t sorry when you ed that Seunghyun, were you?”

“We never… no… just leave me… please…”

“Okay. We’ll leave you. Just let us torture your boyfriend in your place.”

“NO! Don’t do anything to Seunghyun, please, he didn’t do anything! Don’t hurt him!”

“We’ll do whatever we want, because you both are FREAKS. You deserve this!!!”

And then the guy kicked Jiyong hard in the stomach. And the others followed suit. The sounds of boots against flesh filled the bathroom. Accompanied by Jiyong’s screaming that wouldn’t travel far enough for anyone to hear. Except Seunghyun. Who stood there, frozen.

“Even though you’re a freak, you still bleed red. Interesting.”

Another kick. Another scream. And Seunghyun’s vision faded. Into red. Like the blood Jiyong coughed onto the floor.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Skin against skin.

The slickness of blood against blood.

The sweet sound of piercing screams.

Grabbing hands, clutching fingers.

Tears mingling with blood, river of pain on blinding white tiles.

And him. His wide eyes burning into mine, searing words into my skin.

No, he said. Stop, he said.

No. Not after what they said. What they did.

You’re better than them.

Am I?

Yes.

I hurt you.

I don’t care.

I love you.

I know.

Let me love you.

They’ll hurt us.

I won’t let them.

Take me away, then. And don’t leave me… again.

I won’t. Ever. I am sorry, I am so sorry.

I forgive you.

Why?

Because I love you too.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Seunghyun came back to his senses only when there was no bare skin left for him to hurt. His hands bled, and there were even more bruises on his face and neck now. Only Jiyong was left in the bathroom, and soon the sounds of receding footsteps faded away. And then there was silence.

“You need to be treated for that,” Jiyong finally said, his voice soft and gentle.

It took some effort for Seugnhyun to calm down from his almost murderous spree earlier. He turned to face Jiyong, his blazing eyes drinking in his face, his tender eyes, his damaged skin and split lip, and then his hands were grabbing onto this face he never wanted to stop looking at ever again, and the distance disappeared as Seunghyun crashed his lips into Jiyong’s and his whole world came crashing down around him, a roar filling his ears, and he saw nothing, he only felt, felt, felt. He felt so much that he thought he would burst from the expanse of it. Jiyong responded to his touch, melting into the desperation of his lips, his hands pushing past his own hesitance into the blue hair he adored so much, pulling himself deeper into this kiss, into the despair they had both felt for so long, hoping this fire could burn it all away.

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Jiyong’s waist and leaned into him, coming up to breathe and then sinking back into his fragrant skin, breathing kisses into his neck. Jiyong sighed, his body shaking from the intensity of it all. Seunghyun, he breathed, a little fear in his voice. He pulled the blue-haired boy up so they were face to face, and caressed the purple blotching his pale skin. He leaned forward, sighing into the bruises, softly kissing them back to healing.

“I love you,” he said, into every one of the injuries, “and I am not ashamed.”

“I am sorry. I didn’t want you to get hurt after my father threatened me, but you got hurt anyway.”

“If this is what it took to be here with you right now, it was worth it.”

“Don’t make me fall so hard.”

“Too late, Seunghyun.”

And then he leaned forward again, closing the needless distance between their lips.