A new friend.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Mwo?" He what?

Myungsu-hyung smiled and moved his face closer, "Sungjong-ah, I will ask you the same thing again and this time, you better answer truthfully."

I nodded in hesitation. When Myungsu-hyung was close like this, I couldn't think straight at all. My mind wandered off somewhere and I was only paying attention on how his eyes looked so mesmerizing and mysterious, making my knees turned to jelly.

I like him. I like my hyung, but I can't.

"Sungjong-ah," he started, "Do you like me?"

Omo. What should I answer? I didn't want to ruin this friendship we were building when it was going so well. The answer to that was really messed up in my head.

"I like you, hyung. You're my first friend here and I am forever grateful to have met you." I answered. It was the truth anyway.

Wait.

What was hyung thinking ,asking me that kind of question?

Unless..

"Hyung, do you think I'm a girl? Of course I don't like you that way." I blurted out , only to see Myungsu-hyung froze.

And when he snapped out of it, he laughed.

"What? What are you talking about? Aren't you a guy?" he stepped back as he held the back of his neck. "Sungjong-ah, you can go now. I have to do something."

He's acting rather unusual. What's he up to? Aigoo, hyung. Are you really alright?

I bowed my head and excused myself to shower. When I grabbed the doorknob, Myungsu-hyung whispered, "Don't listen to what the other hyungs have to say about you. Just be yourself, arasseo?"

If only I was that courageous enough, hyung. If only.

 

After I walked out from the room, I saw Woohyun-hyung in the kitchen, cooking something.

It smelled really good that I couldn't resist it and I just had to peek on him.

I bet I was hungry that I didn't realize that I was already standing next to him.

When he turned to grab something, he was scared to death seeing that I suddenly appeared in the kitchen with him.

"YAAA." he emphasized, "What are you doing here scaring people? Don't you have other things to do?"

I shook my head, "What are you cooking?"

Woohyun-hyung scoffed and replied, "Get out of my sight, maknae. I'm not cooking anything for you- for any of you."

But, hyung, I'm hungry too. I haven't eaten anything..

When I hadn't move away, Woohyun-hyung started pushing me out of the kitchen saying that I shouldn't bother waiting like a sad puppy for food from him.

"You think I'm a puppy?" I exploded. "Fine, whatever."

But, before I left, Woohyun-hyung pulled the collar of my shirt, "Later, you will wash the dishes for me. You'll be doing that. Not me."

You don't scare me, hyung, arasseo? Chh, telling me what to do-

"Do you hear me, dear maknae?" he asked in a very angry tone. From the way he spoke, it somehow felt like he was gritting his teeth. I shook his hand off and paced quickly to my room, terrified.

Okay, I get it. He's scary. I was just joking around saying that he wasn't. If he likes cooking so much, become a chef then! Bully Woohyun-hyung. Wash the dishes yourself! I'll leave it dirty until the next morning. We'll see who's responsible when manager-hyung finds out.

 

When I got into my room, I was so surprised to see Sungyeol-hyung half-, that I immediately faced to the door and covered my eyes. I assumed that he just had his shower but did he have to be half- in the room?

For goodness sake, put your shirt on, hyung! I almost screamed!

Sungyeol-hyung looked away and crossed his arms, "The hell are you doing? Can't you knock before you enter? It's that easy, pabo."

Again with the stupid. That's it.

I took a deep breath and whirled to him, not giving a care if he was half- or not,

"Sungyeol-hyung, apologize. Now." I demanded.

"Apologize? For what? As far I remember, I didn't do anything-"

"You called me stupid. For all I know, I have excel really well in school so please, don't call me that." I explained.

"Really? You couldn't even see where you were going! Falling down some baby stairs." he scoffed, "Isn't that stupid?"

I pouted irately and shot back, "Falling is not stupid. That's called careless."

"You are one then." as he put on a black shirt solemnly.

I clenched my fist tightly. How I wished to hit him like what I did to Sunggyu-hyung but no, I restrained myself to do so since it would only cause nothing but trouble. All I could do was-

"I hate you." I blurted, "You are one of the most mean and evil person I've ever met. From day one, you've been acting so arrogant of yourself, same with Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung. You insult me and tease me. I really hate you. I hope to never see you after we debut."

Sungyeol-hyung's expression changed when I said that. It looked like as if he didn't like what I said or as if he just had his heart  broken. Wasn't I speaking what I was feeling? Good that he knew.

"But," he started, murmuring, "I don't hate yo-"

"What was that?" It was clear that I couldn't hear him.

"Get out." he ordered as he pointed to the door, "Just get the hell out. I don't want to see you."

"This is a shared room. You don't own it." I stated.

Sungyeol-hyung was suddenly approaching and started pushing me, "I said OUT. What part of it ,don't you understand? You're getting more bold in your talking these days, aren't you? Well, guess what, I don't like you either. I often wonder how it would be like if this group doesn't have you in it. We don't need a wimp, that looks like a girl in here. Maybe it's better if there's only six of us here, don't you think so too?"

I could feel the lump in my throat. Am I going to cry after hearing what he had said? Ahne, tears, not now, please. I'm begging you, not no-

The tears which accumulated in my eyes ran down my cheeks and I could feel it.

Sungyeol-hyung saw that and didn't move. He seemed to be surprised.

He never saw me like this. Then, tell me why am I crying infront of him? Infront someone who was as heartless as him?

Did I want everyone including him to know that I was a crybaby?

Eomma, help me out.

"Yaa, get out. Cry somewhere else." as he continued pushing me to the door, despite the tears that was visible on my face.

It's official, I hate him. Ice-hearted Sungyeol-hyung. Idiot.

 

NOONE'S POV

When Sungjong left the room, Sungyeol didn't move at all. His head kept flashing back the moment when he saw Sungjong cried. That was the first time he had seen him like that.

For a second there, Sungjong seemed so fragile to him. He didn't know what to do, he was clueless. He wasn't being rude, he was just pointing out his thoughts.

He bit his lower lips and sighed, "Did he have to show-off his acting skills like that? Definitely the wrong timing."

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

When I was out of the room, Howon-hyung was outside, cleaning the living room.

I didn't want anyone to find out that I was in tears, so I darted out of the dorm.

Outdoor was clearly freezing since the end of December was coming.

I sighed, forming a little mist from my mouth. "Why can't we get along?"

I started stomping my feet and sat down on the steps. I hid my face and let out a frustrated scream.

"Sunggyu-hyung, you're an old nagging hyung. Woohyun-hyung, you're a selfish cook. Sungyeol-hyung," I paused. There were so many adjectives in my head that I wanted to describe him as, but in the end, it was decided. "Geurae, you're an owl."

I took in a deep breath and smiled, wiping my tears away, "That's right. They don't control me. I can control them too. Who do they think they are treating me like this? I deserve better." I got up and brushed the dirt from my jeans off.

Attempts, get ready, because your mission starts now!

 

Back inside, Woohyun-hyung was eating his meal and Howon-hyung was there too, putting some books on a table.

I walked to Woohyun-hyung and said, "Hyung, I want some." as I pointed to what he was eating.

"No." was a direct answer from him and he continued eating.

I shouldn't give up, maybe if I tried harder, I might as well succeed.

"I said I want some." I emphasized. Howon-hyung watched me as I asked for some share from Woohyun-hyung.

Woohyun-hyung stopped eating and slammed the chopsticks on the table, startling me.

"Don't push me, Sungjong. When I said no, you should be going somewhere and nowhere near me."

I bowed my head quickly, feeling like I failed in the attempt of making him share his food, "Ne." and after that I walked into the kitchen and found Sunggyu-hyung, searching for something in the refrigerator.

This was a chance.

"Sunggyu-hyung." I called.

He didn't respond. I knew it.

I called him again, "Sunggyu-hyung."

He looked back at me and then back to the fridge, not uttering a word.

Oh well, better just start.

"Hyung," I said, my voice was trembling in fear, "Do you know that I actually wanted to hit you that day at the dancing studio?"

Sunggyu-hyung paused his search and closed the door of the fridge, now facing me with a very furious expression.

"Mwo? You what? You hit me intentionally?" his solemn face faded and he smiled in a creepy way, "Say it again and I'll make sure you really suffer in this dorm."

I'm dead.     

 

Last but not least, Sungyeol-hyung. Somehow, I was very scared of him. Don't get me wrong, the other hyungs scared me too, but Sungyeol-hyung was somehow different. I had goosebumps just thinking about him.

I think I would just skip my attempt towards him.

I decided to make him as an exception, but come to think of it, he was the unbearable person I've ever met.

Bleh. Whatever, I'll just draw his face when he's asleep.

 

That night, I couldn't sleep at all. My tummy was churning and was crying for food.

All of us didn't have dinner since Woohyun-hyung didn't cook anything for us. Him and his self-centered attitude.

Manager-hyung told him that he would be the cook in the dorm but he didn't care of that simple rule and only cook whenever his mood was good.

Since my ankle was almost getting better, I slept on the second bunk again. It was quiet up there and the ceiling was my only view when I laid my head on my pillow.

I crumpled myself in my blanket, while clenching my shirt.

Can't sleep, too hungry..

In the end, I gave in and climbed down from my bed. When I got down, I could hear someone laughing.

I turned and found out that Howon-hyung was still awake too.

"Howon-hyung?" I called out, despite the darkness of the room.

He sat up straight and smiled, "What are you doing up late at this hour?"

I shook my head and whined, 'I'm so hungry that I can't sleep."

Howon-hyung got up from his bed and patted my head, "Aww. Maybe I can cook something for you."

"Hyung, you can cook?" That was unexpected because I never seen him cooking or even touch anything near the stove.

We quietly got out and peeked, only to find that the living room was empty and that there was no Woohyun-hyung.

"I bet manager-hyung scolded him again and told him to sleep in the room." Howon-hyung whispered, keeping his voice low.

I nodded in agreement. Woohyun-hyung was not that inferior when it comes to manager-hyung.

 

We walked into the kitchen and switched the lights on.

Howon-hyung cooked tteokbokki and we ate it in the living room.

As we were eating, we kind of talk some personal stories and it made me feel like as if Howon-hyung gained his trust in me.

"Actually, me and Dongwoo-hyung got close during our first day meeting." Howon-hyung started, as he chewed on a rice cake, "He was my first friend and I don't regret knowing him."

I smiled, "That's right. I noticed that both of you are close."

"Dongwoo-hyung was the one who approached me. Back then, I looked so lonely, but he introduced himself to me with confidence." when Howon-hyung said that, he had this little smirk on his face as if he was reminiscing back to the moment.

"I thought he would just say his name and go, however, he stayed with me and started opening up about himself. What surprise me was .. I was a stranger, yet he was telling me all this stories about him and his parents fighting. I just couldn't believe it."

I kept nodding as to understand what Howon-hyung was saying.

"Can you not tell him something, Sungjong?" Howon-hyung moved closer.

"Ne, what is it, hyung?" I asked in curiosity.

"I like him. I really like him. I never had a friend who opened up about his family to me and I find him very different. He's kind of.. special."

I chuckled and hit Howon-hyung lightly. In just one moment, he was acting all embarrassed and shy when it comes to Dongwoo-hyung, for a glimpse there, he looked like a little kid having a cute crush on someone.

"Don't worry. I won't." I promised him.

 

 

NOONE'S POV

Sungyeol suddenly woke up when he smelled the tteokbukki.

He turned to his side, facing Sungjong and Howon's bed, only to find out that they were nowhere in their bed.

"Shh, not too loud, Howon-hyung." some chatterings from outside could be heard. The urge to check who it was built in him that he just had to climb down his bed and peeked in the living room.

"I hate him, really hate him." Sungjong said as he ate some tteokbukki.

Howon laughed, "Who?"

"Sungyeol-hyung." Sungjong answered angrily.

When Sungyeol heard that, his eyes grew wider and was intrigued in eavesdropping even more.

"That kid." he murmured under his breath irately.

Sungjong sighed before continuing, "Did you know, hyung?  He keeps searching the tiniest mistake and makes a big deal out of it. I hate it."

"Well, I saw the cute attempts you were giving to the hyungs. Especially to Woohyun-hyung."

Sungjong hid his face, "You saw that, didn't you? Well, it wasn't a success. I just want the hyungs to like me. I don't get why they have to push me around. So I'm the maknae, that doesn't mean I'm their slave."

Howon ruffled Sungjong's hair, "Aigoo, I'm proud of you in a way."

Sungyeol looked away from them and clenched his fist, "You're getting closer to Howon-hyung, aren't you? You're dead."

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

The next morning in the dancing studio, manager-hyung informed us something that surprised us all.

"Kids, New Year's coming." he stated happily, "However, you'll be staying in the dorm this year."

"Wait a minute." Sunggyu-hyung interrupted, "We have to celebrate it together?"

Manager-hyung nodded, "Geurae, you will."

"No, I'm going home." Woohyun-hyung immediately objected when he heard manager-hyung's reply. "I don't want to celebrate New Year with any of them, especially that guy." as he rolled his eyes to Sunggyu-hyung.

"Both of you stop." Manager-hyung demanded, it was clear that he had enough as well. "Get along, will you? There's no point in fighting. You boys will debut in a year from now so I beg of you to stop acting like elementary school kids!"

Sungyeol-hyung chimed in, "Hyungnim, we're going to practise now so it's better if you leave."

Manager-hyung let out a sigh, "I'll bring back some food." and after that, he left the dancing studio.

The atmosphere in the dancing studio turned gloomy after manager-hyung made the announcement.

Noone liked the idea of spending New Year together. I didn't like it either because I would really want to spend it with my family.

With my parents whom I missed the most while I was gone.

It was a good thing that I didn't spend Christmas together with the hyungs because that would totally be hectic. Imagine them bossing me around the whole day!

"Yaa, let's get practising!" shouted Sunggyu-hyung to all of us.

He put on TVXQ-sunbaenim's Mirotic and all of us were learning the dance steps to it.

"I want it to be synchronized." emphasized Sunggyu-hyung when we were in the middle of practising the steps.

I made so many mistakes that I hated myself.

Get it right, Sungjong!

The chorus parts are easy yet you can't even do it!

I placed my hands around my waist and faced the floor in disappointment, letting my front hair concealing my tired face.

Not until, someone suddenly held me from behind, making my heart jumped. It felt like I was hugged from behind.

His head landed on my back and he didn't move after that.

"Sungjong-ah." the familiar voice said, "I'm tired."

Ah, I know who this voice belongs to.

"Myungsu-hyung." I whined, "Get off of me. You're heavy."

But, he didn't. Instead he embraced me tighter, "Are you complaining?"

I grabbed his hands and removed them by force. "Get of-"

Out of nowhere, he whirled me to him and locked his eyes onto mine, smiling.

What was he thinking? What was he doing? Omo, god, help me, I can't bear with this any-

He pinched both of my cheeks, "You're too adorable!" as he pouted cutely.

"Ayy, hyung." as I pushed him away, "What are you doing? Stop it, you're hurting my face."

He imitated me while crossing his arms, "You're hurting my face."

I stomped my feet and demanded him to stop doing that. It was humiliating to see that I was actually behaving and sounding like that.

By the way, Myungsu-hyung, I sound cuter than that, arasseo?

 

Suddenly, Myungsu-hyung was pushed by Sungyeol-hyung from the back, startling him.

Myungsu-hyung whirled to Sungyeol-hyung and asked him what was wrong.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" he shot back angrily.

"Sungyeol-hyung, what are you doing?" I yelled.
Why did he push Myungsu-hyung all of a sudden? We didn't even bother him!

Sungyeol-hyung pointed at me and shouted, "You, shut up."

Myungsu-hyung was trying to calm Sungyeol-hyung but nothing showed except for another on the shoulder.

Howon-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung interrupted and tried to break them up, especially raging Sungyeol-hyung.

"Sungyeol-hyung," Myungsu-hyung started, calm this time, "What is wrong with you? Did I do anything wrong?"

"You did." he answered with his tone higher.

 

Sunggyu-hyung was then the one who was shouting. But, it was towards Woohyun-hyung.

"You are really making this difficult for me and yourself!"

Woohyun-hyung smirked in a sly way, "Mwo? Me? You chose this song and you're complaining?"

"Once we debut, I'll be the main vocal, you can just be the sub-vocal." Sunggyu-hyung stated arrogantly.

"Who said you're the main vocal? I am." Woohyun-hyung corrected. Again, another self-centered person trying to take back his crown.

I remained quiet.

Everyday is either a fighting day or arguing day. I hope this ends soon.

The best thing to do at this moment was for me to disappear. While everyone was bickering and everything, I walked out of the dancing studio to take in some fresh air. My head had too much shoutings that I just wanted to clear it all away.

I bet noone realized that I tiptoed out since they were all too busy in their world.

 

I heard the dancing studio's door slammed behind me and I spun to see who it was.

It was owl-hyung.

He saw me and paused his steps before grabbing me by my arm and took me into the streets.
"Hyung- what are you-" I struggled to escape his tight grip.

"Be quiet and just walk with me."

When I glanced at his face, he had this serious expression that I had never seen before. He was very pissed but there was no particular reason for that and it made me wondered. I wanted to ask him, however I was terrified if he would yell at me so, I changed my mind. I didn't want to be the salt of this situation.

While me and Sungyeol-hyung were walking, I bumped into those bullies from my school again.

What do they want now? Now wasn't the right time.
I thought by leaving school for awhile would get me away from them.

Meeting them again was something I didn't want to encounter. They were so mean.

Back at school, they called me a girl and that I didn't deserve to be called a boy and they even told that to one of the teachers.

As hard as I tried to hide myself from them, they eventually saw me. Curses!

"Sungjongie has a boyfriend~!" they teased when they saw me walking with Sungyeol-hyung, pointing their fingers towards us.

Of course, the way they saw it, Sungyeol-hyung was holding my arm as if we were on a date or something like that.

I quickly turned to Sungyeol-hyung , in shock of what those stupid bullies had said.

He didn't like it either.

I could see that he was cursing under his breath.

"This kids." he mumbled, he let go of me and approached them with a fist, "Yaa, who do you think you are? I'm older than you, you got that? Boyfriend? Don't say things like you know everything! You think you guys are some kind of gangsters? Chh, don't let me beat the crap out of you! Believe me, I will."

I ran. Away from Sungyeol-hyung and away from those bullies. What an unlucky day.

 

NOONE'S POV

Howon's eyes wandered around the room, "Where's Sungjong?" he asked.

Myungsu realized that and kept the panic in his heart to himself.

He was worried but at the same time, he didn't want it to bother him.

Sunggyu noticed the disappearings of the two boys and got more furious.

"Where the heck are they?" he shouted as loud as he could, echoing the studio.

"I'll find them." Howon volunteered and ran out of the studio and quickly searched for the two boys. How far could they be?

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Omo, what is this place? It's a toys paradise.

Somehow, I ended up running into a toy's shop.

There were so many toys and what made me extremely happy was that, I found something very cute.
Something really .. that caught my eyes.

A huge-soft teddy bear, just right at the corner of the shop.

I slowly picked it up and stared at it. The teddy wasn't smiling but was rather neutral.

"You're having a hard time too, aren't you?" I queried the lifeless thing.

I hugged the big teddy and continued, "Gwaenchana. I'm having a difficult time too."

I looked at it again and somehow, Sungyeol-hyung, Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung's shouting and naggings appeared, hovering around my head.

That was when I realized that this teddy was a substitute for them. There was a reason why I had found it.
Omo, God, thank you. 

I grinned and started talking informally to the soft-chubby teddy, "Sunggyu-yah. When will you stop acting like you're the king of me?" I slapped the teddy's face numerous times, before continuing to Woohyun-hyung.

Not until, one of the staffs in there saw me, "Excuse me, miss, but you shouldn't do that."

Miss?

"I'm going to purchase it, don't worry about it." I explained in brief.

 

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

"Dongwoo-ah." the manager started, when he knew that the room was empty, "I want you to do something for me."

Dongwoo moved closer to the manager and asked, "Ne, what is it, hyung?"

The manager took something out from his sling bag and shoved it Dongwoo. 
"This camcorder. I want you to secretly videotape what the others are up to."

Dongwoo stared at the camcorder the manager was holding, "Mwo?"

"I've been watching you guys fight and argue, especially Sunggyu and Woohyun." he said, stating the obvious. "So, I want you to videotape them for me. Can you do that?"

Dongwoo gazed for a while and after that, nodding to the idea as he took the camcorder from the manager's hand.

 

 

 

A/N Helloo :3 it's me Lovelywinter. Was this chapter long enough? I got distracted alot that I kept cutting so many scenes for this chapter (sorry about that). To the one that wanted myungjong moments, I hope I didn't upset you in this chapter. I was thinking somehow, that I should put more where Sungjong is bullied, right? (I'll do that in next chapter then. Stay tuned.)
MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS.

Thank you so much for the comments and to all subscribers, can I hug each of you? :'3Since chapter 8, I've been feeling happy lately, thanks to you guys. <33x) I love you so much. Your comments are my strength and they're all show as a support for this fic.