Leaving.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

 

Noone liked Jung Yeop-shii's presence.
He kept pointing out the smallest mistakes in our choreography and just kept scolding us, asking us if this was the best that we could do.
Noone really spoke during the practice. None.

Jung Yeop-shii was with us in the studio throughout the day and it made the place intensed.
The atmosphere lurking inside was really gloomy.
We didn't even have our lunch and we only drink bottled water. It felt like prison and torture.
Especially for someone like me who was still in the age of growing.

The loud music from the Black Eyed Peas boomed and it vibrated the door of the studio, making it seemed like the building would collapse any minute.
Not until, Jung Yeop-shii demanded us to stop again. For the sixth time.
"Why are you not listening to any of the advice?" he asked coldly.
All of us dazed on the floor, wondering if we did make any mistakes and wiped the sweats off our face.

"You kids really aren't serious about this, aren't you?", he then pointed his index finger towards Sunggyu-hyung, "And you, you're the eldest among them. Why aren't you-"

THUMP!
The sound of someone crashing down on the floor caught all of our attentions and exhausted-selfs.
Manager-hyung who had been watching from afar, was shocked that he immediately approached one of us.
We abruptly turned to who it was that had fainted and surprisingly, Sungyeol-hyung was lying unconsciously, breathing slowly.
His body lying as still as a statue.

Omo. H-He's not dead, right?

Sunggyu-hyung moved quickly to him, and carefully picked him up,
"Yaa, Sungyeol-ah," as he slapped his face lightly, "Yaa, Sungyeol-ah! Gwaenchana?"

No respond.

Panic grew and we didn't know what to do. We kept exchanging concerned looks but we didn't move from where we were standing. Sungyeol-hyung looked so pale, his breathing was shallow and somehow, my heart was racing seeing him in that situation. I never see him like this..
I glanced at Jung Yeop-shii who only stood there not doing anything to help us, and what made me even more surprised, was that, when Sungyeol-hyung was like that, he only looked away, crossing his arms nonchalantly.

What kind of CEO was he? ..
Did I make a mistake signing up for this company? ..

"I'll take him back to the dorm." Manager-hyung suggested, as he tried to piggyback the unconscious Sungyeol-hyung.
With Sungyeol-hyung resting behind his back, he scurried to the door as fast as he could. He was scared of what was happening to Sungyeol-hyung.
When he left the studio, , none of us talk.
It was unexpected to see Sungyeol-hyung fainted since he was always the one working hard and the one who danced well.

"I'll leave you boys for a minute and please, use the time wisely." Jung Yeop-shii said and after that, he walked out of the studio.

 

"This is all your fault, Sungjong." Woohyun-hyung started, when noone had the mood to talk.

That accusation taken me aback.
"Hyung, what are you-"

"Sungyeol fainted because of you!" Woohyun-hyung said, slightly raising his voice. "You didn't let him rest-"

Myungsu-hyung chimed in, "Hyung, that's not a nice thing to say. Sungjong didn't do anything wrong. Sungyeol-hyung was just tired."

Woohyun-hyung scoffed, "Don't cut me off." he then went back to me, his eyes blazing with anger, "Just by looking at Jung Yeop-shii's reaction, I bet he'll be kicking you out after this."

That paused me. 
I can't be kick out.

Howon-hyung sighed at Woohyun-hyung's statement, "Noone is going to get kicked out, alright? Everyone did their best, so it's not possible for anyone to leave."

"It's possible for Sungjong." Sunggyu-hyung said, in a mocking voice.

"Everyone, please!" Dongwoo-hyung shouted angrily, earning a rather perplexed look from everyone, "Why do you keep bringing Sungjong down? I'm sick of it! Can't you at least try to be in his shoes for just a second or two? It's good that he could still live up to your damn bullyings!"

Sunggyu-hyung smirked, "He even told manager-hyung about me treating him differently."

"Face it, hyung." Dongwoo-hyung said, "It's the truth."
Hearing Dongwoo-hyung defending me like this made me felt touched. Gumawo-yo, hyung.

Woohyun-hyung chimed in, "Yaa, Sungjong-ah. When did I make you cry? Why are you telling lies about me?"

I kept myself quiet. I didn't want to say anything.
If I have a lawyer, I would totally sue them, though I'm not really sure the reason for the sueing.
They were just so mean.

"He's not the type of person to cry infront of you, hyung." Myungsu-hyung answered.

"Mwo?" as Woohyun-hyung quirked an eyebrow, "Not cry? He had cried infront of us several times, and you're sayin-"

"Because you went too far!" Myungsu-hyung shouted irately, freezing Woohyun-hyung at his spot. "Why do you always say things that hurt him? Sungjong never did anything to you, yet you, Sunggyu-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung keep bashing him. What's the problem? And you-"

"Geumanhae." I murmured, however it didn't stop Myungsu-hyung.

"-You know how hard he wanted you to like him as a member? But, to no avail. Why? Because you didn't notice it-"

"STOP IT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, immediately halting Myungsu-hyung and his long-time-kept dissatisfactions.
I clenched my fist tight and continued, "I get it." as I faced Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung, "If I'm out of this group, then you'll be sleeping peacefully, won't you? And all of the useless scoldings will come to an end, won't it? .. Just like you said, maybe I will be kicked out. I just don't get why you are always picking on me like I'm an outcast. .. Geurae, if I was told to leave this group, I will. "

"Sungjong-ah." Howon-hyung called, a little surprised.

I ignored him and went back to where I stopped, "I have been accepted as a trainee together with hyung, and I'll never stop working hard until we debut successfully. But, if I was told to leave, I will."

Myungsu-hyung suddenly grabbed me by my shoulders, "Yaa, what are you talking about? Don't wish for something like that to happen."

I looked at him, and from the way he was staring, I knew he hated me for a moment there. For saying everything.

Woohyun-hyung clapped his hands sarcastically, "Thank you for the beautiful speech, maknae."
But, Sunggyu-hyung didn't do anything. Instead, he only watched me solemnly.
Noone exactly knew what he was thinking.

The studio's door creaked opened and came Jung Yeop-shii, his head jerked out from the door
"Boys, you're dismissed." he stated calmly.

Howon-hyung glanced at the clock-wall and faked a laugh, "But, it's not even 6 yet."

"I have something I would like to talk to your manager, so you can leave." he said again.

All of us listened to him and bowed.
"Ne, thank you. You worked hard today." as we bowed numerous times until Jung Yeop-shii shut the door, leaving us in an awkward moment.
After that small 'debate', should I even call it a debate?, we didn't talk to each other.
I felt like I blurted out everything that made me so angry these past few weeks.
Why did I feel like I was the guilty one, when I knew I didn't do anything wrong?

 

     Back at the dorm, right after we walked in, we could see Sungyeol-hyung lying on a thin matress on the floor, with a wet towel placed on his forehead, in the living room. A working humidifier in the corner of the room, to make the room's dry air moist.

Manager-hyung was in the kitchen, bringing in a glass of water. When he saw us, he was a little surprised,
"Ah, you boys are back?" he looked at the time and smiled, "It's a little early for you to be back here, don't you think?"

"We were dismissed." Sunggyu-hyung replied impassively.

"Good." manager-hyung then tilted his head to Sungyeol-hyung, "Then, you boys should be able to take care of him, right?"

Sunggyu-hyung nodded, "Ne. I'll take care of him."

Manager-hyung placed the glass next to Sungyeol-hyung and regained back his posture, "Ah, you boys should make dinne-"

However, his ringing cellphone interrupted him. He slowly took it out and looked at the caller ID.
"Hold on." as he pressed  the green key and putting the phone to his ear, "Ah, ne, Jung Yeop-sajangnim?"
My heart slightly jumped just hearing his name. 
We watched manager-hyung attentively, in hopes to actually overhear the conversation.
In the middle of the call, manager-hyung's expression changed. He wasn't nodding happily anymore, instead he was in an upset daze, as if he just received a call telling him bad news.
"Ne, I understand. I'll bring them there." and with that, the call ended.

"Hyungnim," Sunggyu-hyung walked closer to him, "What's wrong?"

Manager-hyung shook his head, "Ahne. Nothing. It's just that," he touched his forehead and sighed, "The CEO wants to meet Sungjong and Sungyeol."

"Mwo? Me?" I couldn't keep myself quiet when I heard my name. "Me? Hyungnim? Why me?"

"You're in big trouble, maknae." Woohyun-hyung teased.

My curiosity filled me, "When? Where? Why? Did I do something wrong?"

Manager-hyung smiled as to give me courage, "Don't worry, Sungjong-ah. You'll be fine." he assured.  He let out a silent sigh and added, "Tonight at 7, at the Wollim's headquarters. I'll be waiting for you boys there."

My heart shrunk. Why did Jung Yeop-shii want to meet me? ..
Aigoo, something was wrong.

 

 I was in my room, pacing back and forth, thinking what could possibly be Jung Yeop-shii's reason to see me.
Howon-hyung was sitting on his bed, just watching me.
"Yaa, Sungjong-ah." he said, "Calm down, will you?"

I paused my steps and whirled to him, "Can I ask you something, hyung?"

"What is it?"

"Do you have.. a split personality?" I queried in hesitation.

He chuckled and grabbed the back of his neck, "What are you talking about?"

"That time you were saying bad things and now, you're back to the hyung I know."

He got up from his bed and walked to me, placing his hands on my shoulders, "Sungjong-ah, I'm sorry to have act like that towards you." he smiled and patted my head, "You can slap me if I ever do that again."

"Slap you? Hyung, I think I would never do that." as I tried surpressing my laugh, "You're more like a big brother to me now. I respect you."

"Aigoo," he sang, "You're so adorable. But, I'm serious. I'm giving you the permission to slap me, it's like a wake-up call for me."

"Forget. It." I strident.
Hyung, why would I do such thing? 
I would only slap you if you burn my teddy, hyung.

 

NOONE'S POV

"Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu started, when their room was in silence, "Don't you think you're being too harsh towards Sungjong?"

"And, you weren't?" Woohyun shot back.

Sunggyu sighed, "I think what Sungjong said is-"

"Completely wrong. He just wanted us to pity him, that's all." Woohyun interrupted angrily.

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun and his hot-headed self. 
Why couldn't he change? ..
In Sunggyu's opinion, what Sungjong said was a little ..sad and true.
He still remembered the day they moved in to this dorm and he told Sungjong that he looked like a girl.
Was that the reason he kept making Sungjong felt bad? The reason he kept telling Sungjong what to do?
For that inane reason? That he looked like a female? ..
What in the world? ..

Woohyun scoffed and turned to his hyung, "Don't tell you actually believed in what he said?"

"Why are you being so stubborn? Didn't you see the way he-"

"Waa~ he really brainwashed you." Woohyun remarked.

Sunggyu shook his head, "No. I just realized how bad of a hyung I was towards him. All he wanted was for me to accept him as a fellow member but I ignored him. .. I'm the eldest but I'm acting so immature."

Woohyun didn't say after that. He was slowly swallowing all those words Sunggyu said, thinking that he could be right.

 

 SUNGJONG'S POV

 It was close to seven and my heart was racing faster than before. My tummy was full of butterflies and I couldn't think straight.
I was still in my room, fiddling my thumbs nervously.
Howon-hyung wasn't in the room anymore since he wanted to take a quick shower, leaving me and my jumpy heart all to myself.
The door was opened and when I spun to who it was, it was Myungsu-hyung.
"Sungjong-ah." he called, "Are you ready?"

"Not at all." I answered quickly.

He approached me and moved closer to my face, "Don't worry, arasseo? You're not getting kicked out since I'll be waiting for you to come back here later." he then smiled as he touched my head, "We'll eat dinner together."

I smiled back at him, "Ne."

Myungsu-hyung then pulled me in for a hug as he whispered, "I'll wait for your return."

I could feel the heat on my cheeks that I just had to push him away, "Ah, ne." I said, "Just eat dinner. I don't you want to see you die in starvation."

Myungsu-hyung was a little puzzled of my sudden shove but decided to laugh it off, "Fine, I will. I need to be healthy, right?"

 

 When I left the room with Myungsu-hyung, Sungyeol-hyung was nowhere to be seen in the living room.
He was gon-
Oh, he was in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water.
He seemed alive too. 
After getting his glass of water, he sauntered back to the living room, only to find me and Myungsu-hyung.
"Yaa, you scared me." he shouted.

"Hyung, are you alright now?" Myungsu-hyung questioned, surprised to see that Sungyeol-hyung was already walking on and about.

Sungyeol-hyung swallowed some water before answering, "Ne. What? Isn't it normal to be moving like you never fainted?"

None of us said anything.

"Ah." Sungyeol-hyung said, looking at me, "I heard that we're called by Jung Yeop-shii."

I slightly nodded, "Ne. We're actually late."

Sungyeol-hyung glanced at the clock-wall and cursed under his breath.
"Damn it. We're late!" he then placed his glass on the floor and took his jacket, and after that, darting out of the dorm, not even waiting for me who was supposed to go there with him.

"I'll go too then." I stated lazily, "See you later, hyung."

Myungsu-hyung pretended to cry and waved sadly, "Annyeong, my Sungjong. We'll see each other later."

I hit him lightly, "Hyung, don't call me that!"

 

Outside was freezing cold. And to think that I was actually left alone to go to the headquarters!
Sungyeol-hyung was actually waiting in the street, his hands snuggled inside his jacket's pockets.
When he saw me, he basically scolded me.
"YAA." he shouted, "What took you so long? Applying make-ups? We're just going to meet the president! No need to look pretty. You're not cute anyway. Let's go."

I pushed his scoldings away, since I didn't want him to get mad. I mean, what if he fainted again? I won't carry him back to the dorm. No way.

"So," Sungyeol-hyung said as we walked in the street to go to the headquarters, "Who exactly carried me to the dorm? I knew it wouldn't be you since you're just skin and bones."

"Skin and bones? Take that back." I demanded. Who was he to call me that? My eomma said that I was just perfect the way I was. You were the one who was just skin and bones, owl.
I mean, owl-hyung. Sorry.

"Why would I do that? I'm telling the truth, aren't I?"

"Well, just so you know, hyung," I said, "When you were in your Dreamland, we had a 'talk' and-"

"Did you say anything about me?" Sungyeol-hyung suddenly interjected.

"No. I didn't." I sighed and continued, "So, everyone was like-"

"And why not?" Again, the interruption.
Hyung, let me finish!

"Ah, we're here." pausing our walk when arriving to a building, labelled as 'Wollim Entertainment.'

Both of us tilted our head to the huge building and gazed in awe of the well-built place.

I swallowed and exhaled some air, "I hope to smile after leaving this place."

"Mworago?" Sungyeol-hyung seemed to heard me, however I walked in, leaving him behind me.
 

The lobby was looked so sophisticated and wow. The marble floor and the large-size window added to the modern-concept really well. A middle-aged man was sitting on one of the sofa in the lounge, and it took seconds to realize that it was manager-hyung.
We approached him and greeted him.
He looked at us and gave a weary smile, "Boys, whatever happens, you will always try your best in anything you do, right?"

"Ne, we will." we answered silmutaneously.
But, why are you asking us that, hyungnim? ..

"Let's go then." as he fixed his black jacket and leading us to the elevator.
In the elevator, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest everytime we past floor by floor.
The closer we were, the more nervous I was.

The elevator made a 'ding' sound and the metal doors slid opened. We moved out and started pacing to the CEO's office.
When we were already infront of the twin doors of the CEO's office, everything seemed to be in slow motion. ..

Manager-hyung pushed the door opened and walked in, bowing as he went.
We followed him in, with our heads down and bowing numerous times.

Jung Yeop-shii was sitting behind the big table, and he was reading through some documents, I assumed.
He heard us and abruptly stopped by standing up,
"Ah," he smiled, "You boys are here."

We bowed again, "Ne."

Jung Yeop-shii watched as we stood there, full of curiosity and eyes wandering around the big office.
"Let's cut to the chase." Jung Yeop-shii broke the silence. "Firstly, Sungyeol-ah, how are you feeling?"

"Ah, ne." as Sungyeol-hyung smiled amiably, "I'm fine."

"Good to know." then Jung Yeop-shii sat down back at his leather computer-chair, "So, I'm saying that you know why you're here."

I closed my eyes. Hoping that time would freeze miraculously and I could just sleep everything off, taking it as a mere nightmare.
I was wishing so hard so that Woohyun-hyung's expectation of me leaving would just be a suspense and that it wasn't true.
I needed this. I promised my eomma that I would do my best once I became a trainee.
Please, no. Not some bad news.

Jung Yeop-shii crossed his arms and let out a long-upset sighed, "Lee Sungjong. I've been watching you today and I'm sad to say that I wasn't impressed at all by your overall performance. You're lacking in something but I'm not sure what it is."
Hearing that definitely crushed me and torn me in pieces. For all I know, I did my best and I worked hard, so that nobody would look down on me. Turned out, Jung Yeop-shii hated my hard-work.

"Lee Sungyeol." Jung Yeop-shii called, he also let out a disappointed sigh, "You fainted today at practice. Was it because you lacked in your sleep? Was it because you didn't eat? Was it because you aren't serious with being a trainee? Are you sure you're well enough to still be practicing?"

Sungyeol-hyung only faced the ground, somehow ashamed of what Jung Yeop-shii had said.

"We made a decision." Jung Yeop-shii informed, "It was a hard-decision, just so you know. ..We had decided to kick one of you out."

No.. This was something I was not prepared for.
Pabo Woohyun-hyung. He must be praying for me to-
Aigoo! The tension inside the office was suffocating me.
Manager-hyung seemed to know whose name was going to mention.
So, earlier at the lobby, all that 'do your best in everything' was because he knew one of us would get kick out?

What if it was Sungyeol-hyung? What if it was me? Noone knew.
If I was being called out, I couldn't do anything about it.
It wasn't my decision anyway. It was in the hands of Lee Jung Yeop-shii, the CEO of Wollim Entertainment.

 

"Lee Sungjong, I'm sorry." Jung Yeop-shii said, "But, you're not qualified. So, we're sorry to say that we're kicking you out of this training group."

The office seemed to drop cold and everything went quiet.
Everything was happening so fast.
I was .. told to leave the group.
I blinked a few times to make sure this wasn't any nightmare-gone-real.
When I was sure that this was reality, tears started accumulated in my eyes.
I couldn't even utter any words but just shed a tear silently.
Sobbing like a fool in the CEO's office, humiliating myself.

"You may pack your things and leave. Again, we're sorry to inform you like this."

Sungyeol-hyung, who was with me in the room, ran to Jung Yeop-shii and slammed his table, startling everyone, 
"Sungjong doesn't deserve any of this! Please," he pleaded, "Don't make him leave."

Jung Yeop-shii shook his head, "If he doesn't leave, then maybe you should leave too." he stated sternly.

This was it. Everything was officially done.
.. Should I be happy? Should I be sad? I didn't know.

I calmly bowed and said, "Thank you for everything."

Leaving the office with tears was embarrassing, that I had to wipe it all off my face before walking out.
Once again, like a fool, I bowed politely at Jung Yeop-shii and manager-hyung, thanking them for takingacre and accepting me at the first place.

I walked out from the office and quickly went to the elevator.
I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as soon as I turned away from everyone.
I needed some time alone. Some time alone to think of the reason I was kicked out.
Was I not good enough?

The elevator's metal doors slid opened and I stepped in, pressing the ground floor and closing the doors, not until a hand blocking it to shut.
The doors slid opened once again, only to reveal Sungyeol-hyung panting.
"Yaa, where are you going?" he asked, tired from the run.

I smiled, "Dorm. To pack my things."

"Pabo-ya?" he scoffed, "Are you happy that you're leaving? Won't you feel any regret going home after what you had went through?"

"I can't do anything about it." I said, "I need to work-harder in the future then. Hyung, please. You're blocking the door from closing, I need to go."

Sungyeol-hyung stared at me and looked away. "You're just- Aish." he then stepped inside of the elevator and hugged me, "Do something about it! Seeing you leave like this, it hurts m- Think about Myungsu, will you? How would you think he'd react to this? He doesn't want you to leave. Neither do I."

"I told the other hyungs." I recalled, "I told them that I would leave."

 

A/N whatsup!~ hello, it's me Lovelywinter! ^^ here's a long chapter to make up for bad chapter 17 <3 so, here's chapter 18. couple more chapters! ^^ can't wait to start Cafe Infinite! :3 hihihi. Subscribe already? Just wait a little more <3 so, I hope all those readers that likes Yeoljong is satisfied with this, and to Myungjong, soon to be coming >< wait for it. <3 MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS.

Thank you to subscribers. To all readers and silent readers, thank you for reading. <3 All comments are my strength for this fic. :'3 gumawo-yo.
*hugs all of you. BEARHUG! >< 
Do comment or subscribe.