Upset.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

SUNGJONG'S POV

 

"Hyung," I said, as I looked away. "Get out."

I didn't want to sound rude or anything but when Howon-hyung said something as nonsense as that, I was just so upset.

"But, Sungjong-ah." he started, ignoring the fact that I wanted him out of the room, "Think about it. He keeps saying mean stuff to you. I'm sure you realized that too."

I sighed. What did he want me to say? That I found it true? No way, and Sungyeol-hyung was just being evil, not because he cared or liked me.

"Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung, they all say mean things. So stop saying something as foolish as that." I looked back at him but he was already standing up.

Howon-hyung chuckled, "Are you mad, Sungjong-ah?"

I scoffed and pointed to my face, nodding with an annoyed expression. I guessed Howon-hyung understood what I was telling him and left the room.

Aish, hyung. You really have alot of things going on inside your head. Now I'm upset with you over this insignificant thing. Bullying the people you like? Only kids do that and Sungyeol-hyung is like what,18? Impossible.
But, come to think of it, I never know why Sungyeol-hyung acts the way he acts towards me, also Woohyun-hyung. Why do they scold me alot? ..

 

Manager-hyung  told me that he had called my mom and explained to her all that had happened to me. I was furious because I wanted my mom to know that I was doing alright but having manager-hyung phoned her, telling her that I fell down some slippery stairs was not something I was happy with.

"Hyungnim!" I shouted, as soon as I heard him, "Why'd you do that?"

All the other members were in the living room, I assumed, as I could hear chatterings outside especially Dongwoo-hyung's loud laugh.

Manager-hyung laughed, "What's wrong with you, Sungjong? Isn't it better to tell her?"

"No! It's not. I had told her that I would be okay and that I would be independent here! You don't know her at all!"

Manager-hyung sat at the edge of the bed, "What? What do you mean?"

"Let me guess." as I crossed my arms, "Did she ask you about this dorm's address?"

Manager-hyung nodded, confused was evident on his face.

I facepalmed and hid myself in the blankets, "She's coming. Hyungnim, what have you done?"

"What?" Manager-hyung barked. "She's coming? Where? Here? Sungjong-ah, you're not lying, right?"

Serves you right, manager-hyung. Who told you to give her this address?  Oh well, if she's coming, I bet she'll be the one who nags at the other hyungs. This is interesting but .. aigoo, she'll scold me for not taking care of myself.

When I turned back to manager-hyung, he was dialing some numbers on his phone. "Yoboseyo? Uh, geurae. Actually, Sungjong's getting really better. He can walk properly now. .. Ah, ne. Ne, I understand. We'll just meet next time then." and after that, he hung up.
Did he call my eomma?

"Hyungnim," I started, full of curiosity, "Who was that?"

He spun to me and smiled, "Your eomma. She said she understands and said that she won't be coming. She wanted me to make sure that you are healing."

Omo. Eomma's not coming? Chh, plan failed even before it started. I really wanted her to nag and scold Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung. Oh well. 

"Sungjong-ah. About tomorrow's dance practice. You just follow me in my car, alright? And the morning jog, I'm letting you off since we can't do anything to your leg. That is if you want to use crutches-"

"Gwaenchana, hyungnim. It's not broken or anything. It might heal overnight." as I smiled as if to assure him that I was really doing just fine. I mean, the other hyungs would have more than a reason to say mean things if I go to the dancing studio with manager-hyung and his car, so it was better to jog or walk with them.

"Really? You hurt it badly. Sungyeol told me you fell hard. Are you sure?"

I gave him a thumbs up and answered bubbly, "Ne. Don't worry."

"Woohyun has cooked dinner. You should eat." he advised and after that he cleared his throat and walked out of the room, leaving the door wide opened.

The laughters from outside faded when manager-hyung walked out. Maybe he was talking to the other hyungs or maybe the others were just scared of him.

As I was having those thoughts, someone called me by the doorway, only his head peeking out.
It was Myungsu-hyung and somehow he was smiling.

"Sungjongie~" he sang giddily.
That's weird of him to do that. Is he sick or something?

"Ne, hyung?"

He stepped in and approached me. "Come on. Let's eat. Woohyun-hyung had cooked dinner for all of us. It smells delicious!"
And somehow, he was talking like a little kid. What had gotten into him?

"I'll eat later, since I can't really wallk-"

I was suddenly interrupted by Myungsu-hyung's grip on both of my arms, "Sungjong-ah. Your arms, they're so skinny. You should eat more, come on." as he shoved the blankets away from me and pulling me out of bed.

"Hyung, wait-no." I was trying hard to remove his tight grip, "My right leg-"

And there it was. His arm around my waist again. What was he doing? Was he- Ahne, Sungjong-ah, get a grip of yourself!

"I'll help you. Come on." as he gave me one of his most sincere smile, "I'm not eating if you're not eating."

With that, I surrendered. When Myungsu-hyung's face was close like that, my heart was beating so fast as if I had finished a race or something equivalent to that. His face was just so perfect.. the way his eyes stared back at mine, those eyes that could make you feel like he was saying, 'You're mine'.
Perfect. That poker-face of him lies the word, perfect.

 

When everyone had already seated, everyone stared at me. The total awkward silence was easily felt with my presence.

Dongwoo-hyung tried breaking the slience when he clapped his hands while saying, "Yeah, dinner! I'm so hungry that I could eat all of the members!"

Howon-hyung followed him in breaking the silence, "Geurae." he said, calm and composed, "Let's eat."

I smiled and started eating when they did, not until, Sunggyu-hyung poked me, telling me to get the spoons and chopsticks for him.
"I can't really-" but when I wanted to explain, he cut me off ,
"Get up and get it for me, maknae." he emphasized as he pointed his index finger to the kitchen.

At times like this, I just couldn't say no. All he says, goes.  
I surpressed my anger and put the chopsticks down. 
Dear Sunggyu-hyung, I can't wait for that miraculous day when you will get the chopsticks and spoons for me. 

I carefully stood up but Myungsu-hyung stopped me. "Don't move." as he got up and walked into the kitchen.
When he got back, he was giving the cutleries to Sunggyu-hyung.
Sunggyu-hyung took it in hesitation.

Sungyeol-hyung paused his eatings and swallowed the lump of rice in his mouth before saying, 
"He didn't order you, Myungsu. He told-"

"Can't you see that he's hurt?" Myungsu-hyung blurted angrily as he pointed at me. "At least think about that."

Sunggyu-hyung ignored Myungsu-hyung's statement and just started enjoying the dinner.
Woohyun-hyung didn't say much during dinner. Could he be in a fight with Sunggyu-hyung again? When I praised him for his good cookings, he didn't even respond, and after dinner ended, he walked back into his room. The other members were still outside but he left? Something was wrong. Was he feeling homesick?

"Alright!" Dongwoo-hyung shouted happily. He was so full and he felt so sleepy that he could doze off just anywhere, even in the middle of the living room. "Since we," as he gestured his hands to Howon-hyung, "Had cleaned the dinner's aftermath last night, we had chose the two pairs to clean it this time. Drum rolls, please!"

I played along and hit the table with the chopsticks as to make a drum rolls' sound.

"Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-shii." Dongwoo then clapped to himself, along with Howon-hyung. Well, Dongwoo-hyung forced him to clap with him, not that Howon-hyung wanted to.

Sunggyu-hyung heard that and sighed, "What? No. Choose anyone other than that guy." And from the way he said it, he sounded annoyed and upset.

"No, no, no." Dongwoo-hyung said, "Do it before we get cockroaches here."

Is Sunggyu-hyung really in bad terms with Woohyun-hyung? Noone even knows why.

 

The next day, I woke up early. I didn't want to get scolded again. It pretty much discouraged the reason I'm here for.
It was a good thing that my right leg healed a little. It was much better than yesterday that I decided to have that morning jog with the other hyungs.

While I was jogging, Sungyeol-hyung jogged next to me.
"How are you?" he asked, emotionless.

I didn't want to talk to him. He was the cause of this so there was no way I was going to say anything to him.
Evil hyung.

When I didn't respond, he continued with his voice rising a little, "Geurae, ignore me, pabo. I was just asking you." and after that he jogged a little faster. Yeah, that's right, just jog away.

Howon-hyung, he definitely doesn't like me. If only you were in my shoes, you'll be having the urge to just stab him.

Myungsu-hyung was jogging right behind me. I didn't want to talk to him as well. It was just better that way. Eversince that 'waist holding' incident, I had been feleling slightly strange whenever he was around. Yes, it was better to not talk to him for a while.

 

NOONE'S POV

Myungsu jogged behind Sungjong.
His thoughts filling up his heads with the incident of last night.
He held Sungjong's waist again. This time, he was sure that the younger boy does have curves.
Not  really a girl's curves but just a little curve.
" 'He' is actually a 'girl'?" Myungsu wondered to himself, "I must be really losing my mind. I'm going insane. I must be."

Myungsu stared at Sungjong's back and watched as the maknae jogged. What was that feeling? What if Sungjong was a girl?
"Oh god. Is this 'You're Beautiful' gone real? And I'm falling for Sungjong?" he then unconciously slapped himself, getting a reaction from a puzzled Sungjong.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Did Myungsu-hyung just slap himself? I guess mosquitoes loves him.

We arrived at the dancing studio and met manager-hyung there. When I walked into the door, my right leg started hurting again. Did I make it worst by taking a jog? I knew I shouldn't have jog but it was very fine this morning! How come it hurts again?
I stood still next to the doorway and got shoved by Woohyun-hyung.
"Get out of the way, injured maknae. You don't want to hurt yourself again, don't you?" he asked sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the bench inside the dancing studio. I held my right ankle and massaged it softly. The pain made me flinched and made me regret to even jog.

"Sungjong-ah, have I told you that you have so many ways in worrying me?" a voice infront of me said.

When I looked up, it was Myungsu-hyung. "You seemed to hurt it again."

I looked away and nodded, "I did. Can you not tell anyone? I don't want them to know."

He joined sitting with me and shook my hair lightly, "You're strong, you know that?" he let go and sighed, "Gwaenchana, Sungjong-ah."

I didn't understand that and I just had to ask him, "Ne, hyung?"

He smiled and whispered, "You can cry. I bet it's very difficult for you to hold your tears-"

"No," I interjected, "I promised you."

"Sungjong-ah, I don't mind." he said, "Promises are meant to be broken."

"I don't break promises." I emphasized.

I could see Myungsu-hyung's little smirk before he stood up and left.

Manager-hyung seemed to know that I was in pain that he told me to remain seated and that I won't be joining the other for today's dance practice. I was disappointed, very disappointed. I was really looking-forward to practise the dancing steps.
"Sungjong-ah," he said, "Just watch them then. But you have to work harder once you're healed, arasseo?" 
I nodded in respond, "Ne. Jeoseonghamnida."
It was bittersome because I ended up watching the others practised their steps and their well-synchronized dancing.
The empty slot in the dancing was for me, but they filled it up as if there were only six member.

When manager-hyung left the dancing studio, Sunggyu-hyung approached me and scoffed.
"You really are looking for an excuse to just sit there and relax, don't you? While the others are practising, here you are sitting."

"I hurt my leg, hyung." I explained in brief. Sunggyu-hyung was really looking for the smallest, possible reason to be mean.

"Geurae? What would happen if I kick it? Will it hurt more?"

"Hyung!" I shouted.

I guessed Howon-hyung heard my wimpy shout and intruded the 'moment'.
"Hyung!" Howon-hyung called, "Can you show me how the steps are again? I'm pretty lost."

"What? Aren't you the dancing machine as what you have called yourself?" Sunggyu-hyung somehow knew he was lied to.

"Ahne. Come on," as Howon-hyung grabbed Sunggyu-hyung away from me and secretly winked at me.

I bet Sunggyu-hyung was still upset that I hit him the last time we were here. Didn't I say that I was sorry?

 

They continued their dance practice and something terrible happened when they were already focusing on their dance.
Sunggyu-hyung accidentally slapped Woohyun-hyung on the face making the whole dance stopped and left me with a gasp.

Woohyun-hyung, abruptly stopped dancing and held his face, "Damn it. Watch where you're moving your hands!"

Sunggyu-hyung smirked as he glared at Woohyun-hyung, "Mwo? Your feet was at the wrong spot."

And as usual, they started shouting and quarrelling. AGAIN.
To tell the truth, I had enough of their silly fights. It was just so immature!
I didn't want to be involve again since that didn't turn out well last time. 

"What are you boys doing?" manager-hyung yelled when he entered the studio. 
All eyes were on him now.

Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung stopped fighting and both of them looked away, full of anger.

"I told you boys to practise, not fight." Manager-hyung shouted angrily that the studio echoed his voice, "What are you? A bunch of 5 years old?"

That made all of us quiet. I kind of agreed with manager-hyung. They were actually acting like kids!

 

When we got back to our dorm that night, Woohyun-hyung darted into his room, taking all of his pillows and blankets and set it down in the living room. All of us who were watching was wondering if he was sleeping outside.

Sunggyu-hyung saw that as a sign of protesting and shouted, "Geurae, sleep there. The room is spacious now." and after that, he walked into their shared room, slamming the door.

Manager-hyung was watching the situation too and massaged his temples, "The heck is wrong with these boys? Why aren't they getting along?"

I quietly walked into my room but Howon-hyung told me that Myungsu-hyung called me in his room.
"Really? What for?" I asked.

Howon-hyung shrugged, "I don't really know. "

I nodded and made way to the door, however Howon-hyung suddenly asked me, "Sungjong-ah, about today. You're not mad at me anymore, right?"

I smiled at him and laughed, "You saved me from getting a kick from Sunggyu-hyung, I'm happy." Then, I left for Myungsu-hyung's room. 
Howon-hyung's really a kind and caring hyung. He must be worried that I was upset in him for saying that Sungyeol-hyung likes me. Hyung, gwaenchana, I forgive you.

 

I knocked on Myungsu-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung's shared room's door.

When I peeked inside, Dongwoo-hyung wasn't there, but only Myungsu-hyung. He was checking his hair in the mirror , however stopped when he saw me.
He whirled to me, "Sungjong-ah." he was a little surprised. Was he not expecting?

My eyes wandered around the room. The room looked messy, especially Dongwoo-hyung's side. Piles of 'trash' accumulated in the corner and his dino-pyjamas was on the floor.

"Mind the mess." Myungsu-hyung blurted as if he read my mind and that made me laugh. The atmosphere of the room was different from the chaotic outside. It looked more calm in here.

"Howon-hyung said you called." as I walked to him, closing the door behind me.

He nodded, "I did. Come here." as he motioned his hand for me to get closer.

When I did, he quickly grabbed my arm.
"Sungjong-ah, I wanted to ask you something and it has got to do with you."

"Sure, hyung."

"Can I be frank?" he asked, and how he sounded so serious scared me. I only nodded in hesitation.

"Why do you have cur-" oh no, was he going to-?
I knew it! Myungsu-hyung had found out about the S-line. This was so embarrassing!
I should really get out of here before it gets more humiliating!

When I wanted to escape from him, I failed.
Myungsu-hyung stopped me and pushed me to the wall of the room. He shocked me.
What was he doing? This is like in those movies and dramas.

His eyes locked to mine as if to penetrate every single thoughts I was having.
"Sungjong-ah." he started, "Do you.. like me?"

I gulped slowly. Was this a confession? How I wish to hide my face right now.

"Hyung, why are you like this?" I laughed it off, "Of course, you're my first friend here. Why wouldn't I?"

And with that answer, he laughed too.

"I'm crazy. Crazy about someone." he said.

"Mwo?" He what?

 

PREVIEW NEXT CHAPTER

While me and Sungyeol-hyung were walking, I bumped into those bullies from my school again.
What do they want now?

As hard as I tried to hide myself from them, they eventually saw me. Curses!
"Sungjongie has a boyfriend~!" they teased when they saw me walking with Sungyeol-hyung,

I quickly turned to Sungyeol-hyung , in shock of what those stupid bullies had said.
He didn't like it either.

 

A/N Hello lovely readers! :3
I'm back. Mind the spelling errors and grammar mistakes. Was in a rush! :(
Hope you like the long update! (Is it even long? T.T) <33 comments are appreciated! I'll reply all of it when I'm not busy <33
I love you! :3 do subscribe! ( I'll do better in next chapter!)