Unexpected.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"I'm going back to the dorm!" Sungyeol-hyung shouted to all of us.

What? He what?

"YAA!" Manager-hyung called, pointing his index finger to Sungyeol-hyung, "The lights are out. Where are you going to go?"

Sungyeol-hyung turned to manager-hyung and replied firmly, "I said I'm going back to the dorm."

I glanced at Myungsu-hyung and from his expression, he was also concerned for Sungyeol-hyung.
Woohyun-hyung approached Sungyeol-hyung and told him that it was better if he was with us and that going back to the dorm wasn't the best idea.
"You'll freeze!" Woohyun-hyung added.

"Freeze? That's not a problem at all." Sungyeol-hyung shot back.
Why did he sound so angry? Did something happen when he was talking to Woohyun-hyung?

Sungyeol-hyung turned away from us, heading the other direction, however I grabbed his wrist and told him to stay.
"We should spend New Year together. We're not with our close ones but spending with the ones you've known for almost a week is better than spending it alone, don't you think so?"

Sungyeol-hyung glared at me, "Let me go, maknae." he scoffed and continued, "And who are you to say things like that? Do you how I feel right now? You have someone with you, so why should I stay?"

"Still, you should at least eat-"

"Let me go." he emphasized as he fixed his gaze to my hand, which was holding him.

I swallowed and slowly loosen my grip.
Sungyeol-hyung moved closer for a whisper, "If you stop me again, you're dead."

"Leave him alone, Sungjong." Myungsu-hyung advised, "Let him do want he wants."
I turned to Myungsu-hyung and gave him a worried look. Both of us knew that it was a bad idea to go back to the dorm when it was freezing cold and when we hadn't eaten anything yet.

"Aish," Manager-hyung cursed, "That boy is really a troublesome. Does he think that he could stand the chilly night?"

All of us watched Sungyeol-hyung walked away and into the crowd.
None of us stopped him and that made me felt so angry.
I just thought that he shouldn't be alone.
It wasn't Christmas or anything, but still.

"Come on, boys! We're near." Manager-hyung went back to his usual-self and was starting to tell us about how he almost burnt his house during one night.
I decided to listen to him as to forget about what owl-hyung was doing.
 

NOONE'S POV

Sungyeol suddenly paused his steps and slowly whirled to them.
He closed his eyes and sighed.
"Why aren't you stopping me, pabo?" he murmured.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

We reached the restaurant and it wasn't really crowded that all seven of us , including manager-hyung could easily find a table.
"YAAAH~" as manager-hyung sat down, relieving his tired legs, "Order whatever you want, except for those expensive ones. You don't want to see me broke, right?"

"Of course not!" Dongwoo-hyung replied happily.

My eyes wandered around the restaurant. The people in here were mainly middle-aged men and women. It seemed cozy for no reason, maybe because of the cute decorations they had put up on their wall saying, "HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010." and some heart cut-outs were taped around them.

"Yaa, Sungjong-ah." Sunggyu-hyung called, that I quickly looked at him, only to meet his glaring eyes, "You better don't eat alot. This isn't your money so you can't just eat whatever you like, arasseo?"

"I wasn't even planning to eat alo-"
However,I was cut short by him, "Do I hear talking backs? Shut up and just order what you want."
He then diverted his attention to the menu he was holding.

Chh, hyung, I think you're the one who shouldn't be eating alot. Look at your face, all chubby-
Ah! Shhh. I better be quiet. Woohyun-hyung is a mindreader.

Howon-hyung heard what Sunggyu-hyung said and secretly looked at me.
I noticed that and gave him a smile as to tell him that I was alright.
He seemed a little relieved that I was smiling and mouthed the words, "Ignore him."
I nodded and chuckled to myself.
Hyung, you're so kind!

When the food came and all of were eating, something- well, someone surprised us.
"Mian." our dinner was intruded by this tall-guy.

Dongwoo-hyung almost choked on his food when he knew who it was, that Howon-hyung gave him a glass of water.
"Be careful!" he said.

Manager-hyung put his chopsticks down and stood up, 
"Sungyeol-ah." he uttered. At first, I thought he was furious seeing owl-hyung, but, he wasn't, instead, he asked him,
"Do you want to eat anything?"

And for the first time since I had met Sungyeol-hyung, he smiled.
He smiled.

"Ne." he then took a chair and joined us, sitting next to Woohyun-hyung.

Woohyun-hyung faced Sungyeol-hyung and laughed, "Were you feeling lonely? Were you scared being alone or something?" as he nudged him.

Curse you, Woohyun-hyung. Why are you being nice to him and mean towards me?
Chh.

"Sunggyu-hyung." I started, with no hesitation at all.

"What?" as he picked up a meat with his chopsticks and chewed carefully since it was really hot.

"Woohyun-hyung said you hid his IPod." I said it all out.
YES. THAT'S RIGHT. GO BRAVE, SUNGJONG.

As expected, Woohyun-hyung's eyes widen and he quickly turned to me, "YAA!" he shouted irately, "Why you-"

Sunggyu-hyung smirked, "Mwo? He said what? I hid his IPod?" he then moved his attention to Woohyun-hyung, "Are you spreading lies about me now? Yaa, who hid your IPod? Me?"

So, he was lying all this time!
There's another reason, a real reason to their annoying bickerings!

Dongwoo-hyung, who was busy eating jjajangmyeon, was intrigued by them and chimed in, "Mwo? There's a reason to you both of your arguings? What is it?"

I bet Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung realized that all of our eyes were on them that they somehow ignored that topic and changed to another new one.
Not me, hyung. I'm still a detective!

 

After finishing all the food, Howon-hyung was the first one to get up and walked out.
Dongwoo-hyung followed him after that, with an excuse of taking some fresh air.
He was bad actor.

I bet Howon-hyung is about to tell something important to Dongwoo-hyung.

 

NOONE'S POV

Outside, it was freezing, different from the warm-restaurant.
Howon had his hands snuggled inside his jacket's pocket, while waiting for Dongwoo.
Small mist formed everytime he breathed out.
"Howon-ah." Dongwoo called as soon as he got out.

Howon turned to him with a smile. "Hyung."

"What's wrong? Do you want to tell me something?" Dongwoo sounded a little worried because he had known Howon and he hadn't been like this before.

"Ah, that." Howon then took one of his hand out from his pocket and lifted it infront of Dongwoo, "Here, I found this." He held by the steel-chain of the cute-laughing dinosaur keychain.

Dongwoo was a bit dumbfounded, "Howon-ah."

"It suits you really well. Take it." as he moved it closer to Dongwoo.
When Dongwoo didn't grab it, Howon's smile faded, "Wae? You don't like it?"

Dongwoo was then laughing, seeing that Howon frowned.
"Give me that." as he snatched the keychain away from Howon's hand, and stared at it. "It's just that, usually girls do this kind of thing, but-"

"For our friendship, that's all." Howon explained in brief.

"I don't have anything with me-" Dongwoo was searching inside his pocket , but was interrupted by a sudden hug from Howon.

"Gwaenchana. You being my friend is just enough." he stated, though his heart ached a little.

Dongwoo was taken aback of his sudden action, but he decided to hug him back.
When Howon released Dongwoo, the older boy was surprised to see someone who he was familiar with.
The woman looked as if she was in her late 20s and she was surprised to see Dongwoo too.
"Noona?" he asked, unsure of the woman.
 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Hyungnim." I started, "Thank you for dinner." as I bowed my head.

Manager-hyung blushed, "Aigoo, no problem."

"Can we leave now?" Sungyeol-hyung demanded. For a second he was smiling, and after that, he went back to his straight-face. What was wrong with him?

Myungsu-hyung sighed and landed his head on my shoulder, "Sungjong-ah, I'm sleepy. Carry me back."

I shook my shoulder, "Hyung, get off. You're making me sleepy!"
All I get from him was a whining, "Noo.."

Manager-hyung laughed at the scene and nodded as he got up from his seat, "Geuare, I'll pay. You boys wait outside, arasseo?"

With that, all of us left the place and waited outside like what manager-hyung told us to.
The wind was so cold that everytime it blew in our direction, I felt like I was hit by ice. 
Myungsu-hyung was still clinging on me, but now, he was landing his head on my back, and he was heavy.
"Hyung." I complained, "Get off."

"Sungjong-ah." Myungsu-hyung said, "We already talked about this. Just let me stay like this."

"Did you drink something weird, hyung?" I teased, because he was sounding and acting rather odd.

"Sungjong-ah," he said, in a serious tone, "Are you much happier now, than the first day you arrived?"

That question got me thinking.
Was I happy now? Much more happy than the first day?
With an assuring smile, I answered with confidence, "Ne, I am."

"Because I'm with you, right?" Myungsu-hyung then wrapped his arms around me from where he was, behind me.
"Because I'm always there for you, right? Because you know that I like you, right?"

What I heard was a joke.
"Get off me, hyung." I demanded.
Myungsu-hyung released me from his hug, but his head was now on my shoulder,
"Hyung, I said-"

*Chu!
A sudden peck on my cheek.
Was that a quick kiss?
Myungsu-hyung moved away from my shoulder and sighed happily, "I'm excited for New Year now."

I had to vent my exploding shyness to someone. 
NOW.
AH, Howon-hyung! He understands me!

I walked over to him and patted on his shoulder, "Hyung, save me."

Howon-hyung didn't turn immediately but he seemed to be upset when he did, "What?"

"Myungsu-hyung, he-"

"Listen, Sungjong." Howon-hyung interjected, "Get over yourself. Noone would like you that way, arasseo? You and Myungsu-hyung are going to be nothing more but just friends and members of the group."

Hyung.. what happened? Why are you saying things like that?

"Hyung-" but Howon-hyung sent me death glare, that I decided to keep myself quiet.

"Don't talk to me, Sungjong. I don't want to talk to you. Just go." and what he said really stabbed me. 
Before I could even say anything, Howon-hyung shoved me by the shoulder and left.

Did something happen between him and Dongwoo-hyung?

"Yaa, pabo. Pabo-maknae." Sungyeol-hyung called.
Now is not the right time, hyung.
I was upset that I had the guts to even ignore Sungyeol-hyung.
"YAA!" he shouted again, when I turned the other way, to find Dongwoo-hyung.

Dongwoo-hyung didn't seem to be smiling as well. His smile was gone.
"Hyung, are you alright?" I questioned.

Dongwoo-hyung looked distracted that it took him seconds to reply, "Huh? Ne? What is it?"

"Do you know what happened to Howon-hyung? He's-"

Dongwoo-hyung bit his lower lips and shook his head, "I don't know. He was fine before."

 

So, Howon-hyung was upset about something. Woohyun-hyung was lying to me.
Myungsu-hyung kissed me on the cheek.
Was there any other things that might happened unexpectedly later?

"Kids!" Manager-hyung clapped his hands when he got out from the restaurant, "I heard there would be fireworks tonight. Do you want to go?"

Sunggyu-hyung looked away in disgust, "That's for babies."

"Babies?" Manager-hyung retorted, "Are you even sure you've fully grown up?"

Ouch. Go hyungnim!
Sunggyu-hyung: 0
Manager-hyung: 1

"Let's just go there and watch! It'll be fun." Manager-hyung insisted, "Even if you don't want to."

Sunggyu-hyung obviously didn't like it that he crossed his arms and looked away.
Woohyun-hyung approached me and grabbed the collar of my jacket, 
"Yaa," he emphasized.

Omo, I'm in big trouble.
Yes, I know how to let out my anger, but I always forgot about the silly consequences!

"You were really brave back in there, huh?" as he tighten his grip, "Watch your back." and after that, he let go and hit me on my arm.

I will never do anything reckless ever again.

"Come on, boys. We'll miss the fireworks if we don't go there early." Manager-hyung stated and as usual, he walked off first, acting as if he was the leader of this 'expedition'.

Sungyeol-hyung hid his hands inside his jacket's pocket and mumbled, "Even if we stay here, we can still see the damn fireworks. Why go somewhere else?"

I heard that and replied nonchalantly, "Because it's better if the view is great."

"Yaa." Sungyeol-hyung turned to me angrily, "What did you say?"

 

COUNTDOWN TIME.
2 more minutes.
People were also gathering near the Han River for the best view of the fireworks.
It was dark and we could barely see anything.
The streetlights were dim that it only shone the pathway.

Myungsu-hyung stood next to me, "I'm excited, Sungjong. I've seen so many fireworks before but somehow I feel so.. different this time."

I chuckled, "Wae? It's just fire bursting in the night-sky."

"Maybe it's because you're with me, I don't know. I never watch them with someone I-"

"Me too." I cut him off, "I never watch them with someone I'm close with. My school friends doesn't like me."

Myungsu-hyung stared at me for a second before smiling, "I hope we get to know each other really well tomorrow."

Was that a pun? Tomorrow as a meaning of next year?

"YAAISH." someone was suddenly standing next to me in the dark. "This place is making me unhappy."

I squinted my eyes, as to know who it was, and it was actually Sungyeol-hyung.
Aish, why him among everyone?

"Yaa, move. I don't like being surrounded by wimps." he said, arrogantly, " Tomorrow, you better clean the dorm. It's a mess."

Pffft. I'm leaving.
I was about to, but the fireworks was already starting.
Booms and crackles could be heard and the starry night was filled with colourful sparks.
The people who were with us at the park started cheering and shouting, 'Happy New Year' loudly to everyone, including us.
Manager-hyung replied to them with a friendly wave, together with Dongwoo-hyung.
It was 2010.

A New Year.
I titled my head up to the sky, to see the most beautiful fireworks I've ever seen, lighting up the night and the darkness.
I unconsciously smiled to myself.
"Happy New Year, Sungjong!" Myungsu-hyung shouted, despite the loud-like thunder noise.
"Happy New Year to you too, hyung." I replied sheepishly.
It felt nice spending it with someone I never expect to celebrate with.
What's more, it was with Myungsu-hyung.
I turned to him once again and watched him as he kept smiling to himself everytime the fireworks bursted into the night sky.
Thank you for everything, hyung.
And after that, I looked back at the fireworks, afraid that he might catch me staring at him.

Out of nowhere, I could feel like someone grabbed my hand tightly.
I turned to Myungsu-hyung but it wasn't him, since he was crossing his arms. He was really paying his fullest attention to the fireworks.
If it wasn't him, then, the person who was next to me.. Sungyeo-
I quickly looked at him, and turned out he wasn't even giving any interest in the fireworks.
He was watching me the whole time.
"It's wrong to like you ,Sungjong," he said, "So, I won't."

What?

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

SUNGJONG'S POV

I couldn't help but stand there and watch Myungsu-hyung in that situation he was in.
"Hyung," I called softly, "Don't cry. It's not-"

"I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be a trainee." 

 

A/N hello :3 Lovelywinter here <3 How are you? Happy Chinese New year to all the chinese <3 sorry for the not so long update!
About this chapter, I needed to finish on where they were celebrating New Year since I needed to write about their daily-life too.
Dear readers, are you sensing more Myungjong or Yeoljong? .. 
MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES.

To new subscribers, thank you! <33 to all the readers, silent readers, thank you. <33 to all the comments I've received, also thank you, <33 *hugs all of you. :3

Subscribe to my other story. (or not.) 

Cafe Infinite (인피니트) ∞
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/131819/cafe-infinite-hoya-infinite-sunggyu-sungjong-sungyeol-woohyun-myungsu