Hyung, where are you going?

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 
Warning: Too much WooGyu moment?
If so, sorry.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

I'm sorry, hyung.
I don't know what to do.
This is the first time I've seen you like this..

"What are you talking about?" as I hit his arm lightly, "We're all here for a reason."

Myungsu-hyung tried smiling as he wiped the tears of his face, "It's not true."

"It's true!" I corrected him. Just hearing him said that made me so angry. Why was he like this?
.. Why was he all pessimistic all of a sudden? Was this the real him? 
I'm not even sure who's infront of me right now.
"Hyung," I said, moving closer, "To tell you the truth, I can't even sing that well yet. I mean, what are we doing here then, being a bunch of trainees? We're here to improve ourselves before we debut. We're here to be prepared before showing ourselves to the public. We were accepted during auditions because they saw the potential that we don't even realize."

Change your mind of how you shouldn't be a trainee, hyung. I'm making a point here!

I grabbed his shoulders, "You shouldn't cry too."
Omo, did I sound mean telling him that he shouldn't be crying? Who was I to say that? Of course he could cry whenever, wherever he wants, it's not like I'm his eomma or something! 
Aigoo, Sungjong-ah, what have you done?

Myungsu-hyung faced the ground for a moment before looking back at me,
"Gumawo," he said as he put his hand on my head, "You're.. a great friend."

I moved a step back and glanced away, "Ne, I am." I said nonchalantly, but the fact that my heart ached a little was something I couldn't just shake off, "I'm going back in. I'll see you there." and I hurriedly walked in the studio, leaving him.
I couldn't stand the way I felt when I was with him. The mixed emotions were about to gush out and I was afraid that I couldn't control them.
I am a coward.

 

Back inside, Dongwoo-hyung was showing-off his rapping skills to everyone and he seemed to be having fun with it.
Sungyeol-hyung was amazed of Dongwoo-hyung's rap and was waving his hand back and forth as if he was watching a live concert,
"Yeah, yeah! Put your hands up, put your hands up!" Sungyeol-hyung shouted loudly, but everyone stayed still, ignoring him.
Poor him. HAH.

Manager-hyung saw me and stood up from the bench, "Sungjong-ah," he called, "Where's Myungsu?"

I pointed back to the exit and replied, "He wanted to take some fresh air."

With manager-hyung's nodding, he proceeded to the next singer, saying that three minutes were already up.
He clapped and rubbed both of his hands, "Who will it be? .. Since Woohyun had intruded Sunggyu's moment, I won't be asking him again-"

Woohyun-hyung suddenly got up, his eyes full of rage, "Mwo? Hyungnim, that's not fair! I just wanted to teach Sunggyu-hyung the way it should be-"

"Sungjong-ah," Manager-hyung called out, surprising me and simply not caring of Woohyun-hyung's explanation, "You're turn. Show us what you got."

The moment I stood up from the wooden bench, Myungsu-hyung entered the studio.
Everyone turned their heads to him with questions hovering their own respective minds.

"Continue." Myungsu-hyung said when he knew that he was being watched, and then joining the others to sit.

Manager-hyung smiled and laughed, "JAAA~ Sungjong-ah, what are you singing?"

I took a deep breath and faced everyone.
Especially Myungsu-hyung who was directly sitting infront of me, his eyes fixed perfectly on me, making my heart beat faster than usual, adding up to the nausea I was having.
"Lee Seung Gi-sunbaenim's Will You Marry Me."

Sungyeol-hyung scoffed and crossed his arms, "Exactly who are you marrying?"

Shut up, hyung. 
I shut my eyes, trying to concentrate and when I was ready, I opened my eyes and started singing.
Narang gyeolhon hae jullae  
Narang pyeongsaengeul hamkke

I wasn't sure how to make my voice nicer than how it sounded, but I want it to be unforgettable at the least.
Not in a bad way, but more of a good way.

When I stopped, the studio completely went silent. There was no respond from any of them but just an expression of, 'What the--' and 'That's horrible.'
Did I really sound that bad? .. Omo, how embarrassing!

Then, a sudden clapping broke the silence.
"Good job, Sungjong." Myungsu-hyung praised, giving an amiable smile. "You did great."

That made me blushed, and I could really feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, and that made my heart fluttered.
I smiled back and bowed, "Thank you. I did my best!"
Thank you, hyung. 

Manager-hyung clapped his hands as well, telling me that my voice didn't sound that bad.
He said he was impressed of it that he couldn't even utter a word.
Aigoo, hyungnim. You don't need to lie.

We continued the day with Sungyeol-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung.
When it was Sungyeol-hyung's turn, I pretended like he had the most terrible vocal ever and acted as if I puked, however, that gave me a warning from that owl-hyung, telling me to be careful of what I was doing because he would be watching me.
From my opinion, Woohyun-hyung is more scary in threatening.  Sorry to say, you lose, hyung,

Dongwoo-hyung surprised all of us. He was a rapper, yet he could really sing very well.
I peeked at Howon-hyung to see his reaction of Dongwoo-hyung's mini performance, only to find that Howon-hyung turned away from Dongwoo-hyung, and was more paying attention to his cellphone.

When it was already six in the evening, manager-hyung told us that practice ended here and everyone should head back to the dorm and rest. I walked out of the studio but then pulled by Myungsu-hyung by the arm.
I turned my head to him, "Ne, hyung?"

"You're too fast." he said, "Slow down so I can walk next to you."

I swallowed and managed a smile despite how fast my heart was racing, "Ne."

He smirked and entwined his arms with mine, pulling me out. "Let's go then."
My feeble legs followed him as I was dragged to the door.

 

NOONE'S POV

Dongwoo, who was the only one left in the studio, was busy packing his stuff into his bag, when he was suddenly approached by their manager.
"Dongwoo-ah," he started, "I need the camcorder. Did you record anything?"

"Hyungnim!" he shouted, startled by the manager's presence, "You scared me!"

The manager put out his hand to Dongwoo, "The camcorder. The fights. Anything?"

Dongwoo got up from sitting down and put on his bag, "Ah, about that. I haven't done anything yet."

"Mwo?" it was obvious that the manager was shocked. He had gave him the 'gadget' for two days now, but nothing?

Dongwoo laughed nervously and shook his hair, "Don't blame me! You were with us the whole time. I mean, what could I have possibly caught on tape? There's not even a time when you're not around. Yesterday, we spent New Year with you."

The manager sighed in disbelief. Did he send out the wrong person to do this job?
No, he didn't. Noone would suspect anything on Dongwoo. He seemed to be .. everyone's-friend type of person.

"Can't you at least start tonight?" the manager asked, in hopes that Dongwoo would even consider that.

As expected, Dongwoo gave him a laughing smile and nodded, "Thank you for giving me another chance, master."

The manager patted him lightly, "Do your job well."

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Your voice wasn't even that bad." Myungsu-hyung remarked, as we walked back to our dorm in the cool,chilly street.

I tilted my head to the starry night and sighed, "Really? I thought it wasn't the best."

"Mine was much worse." Myungsu-hyung said again, now comparing to his voice.
I paused my steps, after hearing that statement of his.
He stopped and looked at me with a perplexed expression, "Why did you stop?"

"You go ahead and walk. I'll stay behind you." I was hoping he get the point that I was upset of him.

"Waeyo?" he asked, "I told you to walk with me, and-"

"And you're talking about your voice again. So, I'll just stay behind you." I repeated firmly.

Myungsu-hyung slightly pouted, though he looked silly, it was adorable in a way,
"Sungjong-aaah~" he whined, "Arasseo, I'll stop."

I raised an eyebrow as to show him how unsure I was, "Ahne. Just go."

Myungsu-hyung gave up and glared at me, "Fine. I'll go. We'll talk later." he said sternly, as he walked next to Howon-hyung who was infront of him.
I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to make you mad. I just-

"Then, I guess you should just walk with me, maknae." a voice behind me cut in.

I quickly whirled to who it was and found it was Sungyeol-hyung.
I purposely paced faster but he kept up with me and pulled me by my shirt,
"Where do you think you're going? Carry me back." he demanded angrily.

"No. You have your own feet, walk on your own!" I shook his hand off and walked faster.

"Why you- YAA!" he yelled, making the people who past by us, stared, "You're being rebellious now, aren't you? Get back here!"

BLEH. Not listening to you, because I am no longer scared of you.

 

When we reached the dorm, everyone walked into their respective rooms and waited for Woohyun-hyung and the dinner he was cooking. I was starving and I couldn't wait anymore, that I decided to sneak into my room and eat one of my hidden snacks that I kept in this cabinet of mine.
I wasn't planning to share with anyone. No way.

Howon-hyung saw me eating secretly and gave me a strange look, "What are you doing?"

I quickly hid my snack behind my back and shook my head, "Ahne."
That was when I realized, "Hyung!" I shouted happily, "You spoke."

... Aigoo. What am I doing?

"Of course I did." he shot back, "You shouldn't be doing what you're doing now. If you want to get scolded, then I will not stop you." Howon-hyung warned.

I chewed the remaining in my mouth and slowly swallowed, "Ne." I surrendered.

I thought he was back to the Howon-hyung I knew..
I miss you, hyung.

 

NOONE'S POV

Dongwoo got into his shared room with Myungsu and locked the door, surprising Myungsu, who was lying down on the floor.
Myungsu sat up straight and watched as his hyung went to the corner of the room, taking off his bag and grabbed something out of it.
Myungsu squinted his eyes to what his hyung was holding and uttered, "A camcorder?" when he was sure of it.

Dongwoo suddenly spun to Myungsu, putting the camcorder infront of him, as if to defend himself, 
"Myungsu-ah!" he said, as he lowered down the gadget, "Y-You're here?"

Myungsu jerked his head to the side, "I was lying down. Didn't you see me, hyung?"

Dongwoo laughed, "You were? Sorry, I didn't see you-"

"What are you holding, hyung? Is that yours?" as Myungsu approached the older boy, making him uneasy.

What was he supposed to say?

That's right, Dongwoo. You're a spy.
"Geurae. it's mine." he lied. It was his fault anyway, for not being cautious.

"Cool." Myungsu smiled, eyes still on the camcorder, "Can I see it?"

"No." Dongwoo answered quickly.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Woohyun-hyung was in the kitchen at the moment, Sunggyu-hyung was taking a shower, Sungyeol-hyung was reading a manga and Howon-hyung was listening to his IPod.
I didn't know what to do, but I wanted to talk to Woohyun-hyung somehow. Just looking at him made me feel like there's another side to him that we haven't know yet.
I walked into the kitchen and tried calling him.

He was busy making soup that he decided to ignore me, but I kept calling him again and again, in hopes that he would paused from cooking, and when he did, he turned to me with a creepy-forced smile, "Yes, maknae? What?"

"I want to talk." I replied.

"Well, guess what." as he reached for the knife and lifted it up, "Now is not the right time."

Seeing that he would kill me in any second, I fled.
What do you expect? He's really scary!

Just minutes after I left, dinner was ready.
We all sat around a small table and started eating.
Howon-hyung, who was sitting next to me, didn't seem to be eating alot like he used to and that got me really worried.

"Hyung," I whispered, "Aren't you eating?"

Howon-hyung sighed, "I'm full." as he put down his chopsticks.

After dinner was done, Sunggyu-hyung told me to clean it all up and to throw the garbage out.
Chh, why couldn't he do it?
You're not the boss!

As I was washing the plates, Sungyeol-hyung entered and was drinking some water in a glass and when he finished drinking, he placed it in the sink for me to wash. Adding more to what I was already doing.
"WAAH~ I'm so parched." he said outloud, as he took another new glass from the cabinet, drinking water again.
He put the used-glass in the sink and smirked, "Are you tired?"

Ignore him, Sungjong, ignore him. Continue in what you're doing. He's a mere imagination.
He's not here.
While I was washing one of the plate, the foam from the soap accidentally hit Sungyeol-hyung's face, right on the nose!
Good job, foamy!

Sungyeol-hyung wiped the foam off his face and sent me his death-glare,
"YAA." he emphasized, gritting his teeth, "What are you doing? Are you playing?"

I shut my mouth and continued rinsing the plates.

"You'll get it before you go to sleep." and after that, he left.

Oooh, I'm not scared, hyung. Bring it on.
Somehow, I wasn't scared of him anymore.
Was it because he had been less-evil? Or was it just me?

After finishing my chores, I tiredly walked back to my room and climbed to my bunk bed.
Howon-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung were already fast asleep that I had to be extra quiet or one of them might wake up.
I plopped myself on the bed and pulled my teddy in for a tight hug.
"It's a good thing that you don't have to do anything.. I suffer in here." I whispered as I stared at the ceiling. "Ah, guess what. While I was cleaning up Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung's room, I found this black wallet and it was full of cash. But then,Woohyun-hyung snatched it from me, saying that it was his."
I sighed when I remembered his scoldings, "I guess he must be really rich, right, teddy?"

 

   The next day, when we were still in our dorm early that morning, Sungyeol-hyung slipped in the bathroom and hurt his bum.
He was screaming in pain and called for manager-hyung. 
But for me? I only watched him heartlessly, and left.

Manager-hyung attend to him and helped him stand up, carrying him to the living room.
When he placed him down, he sighed just looking at Sungyeol-hyung,
"How did you even- Well, does it hurt?"

"Hell yeah!" Sungyeol-hyung replied angrily, "Though there aren't any broken bones, it hurts like-"

"Then, you're staying here then." Manager-hyung demanded.
All of us watched Sungyeol-hyung complained and blaming others for the slippery floor in the bathroom, and eventually pointing his finger to Myungsu-hyung.
"You, " he said, "You poured the shampoo on the floor, didn't you? You want me to fall is it?"

Myungsu-hyung was taken aback of the sudden accusation and shook his head, "No. I was the first one to take a shower."

"Then," as Sungyeol-hyung faced me, "It was you then. You were in there before me, maknae!"

I scoffed and looked away, "Why are you blaming me?"

"You want me to die, didn't you? You want me to hit my head and have a concussion, so that I would have amnesia or something like that, right? So that I won't be bothering you and Myungsu!"

Mwo!? How does he know that I like Myungsu-hyung!?
And that, surprised everyone, all eyes were on him.
What was he talking about? 
He must have bumped his head hard for him to say that.

In the end, we left Sungyeol-hyung alone in the dorm.
Goodbye, hyung. I hope the ghost in the dorm shows up, even if it's still day-light.

 

As we were jogging, Woohyun-hyung's cellphone interrupted the calm mood.
He searched his pocket and took it out, answering it immediately.
"Ne, yoboseyo? Eomma?" he asked, concern was evident in his voice.

Eventually, his jogs stopped and he remained still on where he was, making us went ahead of him.
However, Sunggyu-hyung stayed with him. To scold him? I don't know.

NOONE'S POV

Woohyun was now clenching his cellphone. All the emotions in him was jumbled up that he couldn't even think straight.
"Eomma," he said, his voice trembling, "What happened? Did you say he is in the hospital?"

"Woohyun-ah, your abeohji was chased again, aigoo.. Woohyun-ah!" his mother was crying and sobbing at the end of the other line, "He was chased."

Sunggyu, who was watching Woohyun, had a feeling that something bad had happened.
Could his theories be true? That Woohyun's family was a victim of those damn loan-sharks?
The past few nights, Woohyun had been talking on his cellphone and it seemed to be some serious matter.

"Eomma," Woohyun said, "How about you? Did they do anything to you?"
He paused for a moment, listening to his eomma's cry and nodded, "Ne, wait for me. I'll be there."
After that, he hung up and sprinted to catch up with their manager who was already far ahead of them.
It was obvious that Woohyun was oblivious of Sunggyu’s presence since he just left him.

Reaching the manager, he quickly asked for the permission to skip practice with a reason that he needed to go to the hospital.
The manager turned to him and coldly replied, "No."
Woohyun couldn't believe what he was hearing. He needed to go to the hospital. He needed to see his father.
"I have to! There's an emergency at the moment!" but, even with Woohyun's worried expression, the manager still held on to his decision.

“Arasseo.” Woohyun mumbled, “Then, I’ll just run for it.”
With no warning, he sped up and ran as fast as he could away from everyone.

“YAA!” the manager called angrily, but there was nothing that stopped him.

Sunggyu, who had been watching Woohyun’s peculiar behavior, chased after him, and yelling him to stop all the while.
Woohyun got into a bus and took a seat. His heart was about to explode just after running, adding to his worries about his father.
Sunggyu had no choice but to follow him as well.

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

All of us were in shock when Woohyun-hyung suddenly ran off like that.
Was he escaping? .. Even Sunggyu-hyung followed him.
What happened? Did they fight again? Because if they do, I really hope for them to stop this instant. It was getting annoying and it only triggered me to yell and scold them even more!

“Hyung,” as I poked manager-hyung’s arm, “What’s wrong with them?”

Manager-hyung massaged his temples, letting out an irritated sigh before answering, “Woohyun said he needed to go to the hospital, he-”

“Is he sick?” I interjected, as soon as I heard the word ‘hospital’.

“AISH.” manager-hyung stomped his foot, “What is he doing? We have to practice today! The CEO is coming tomorrow.”

That froze us.
“C-CEO?” Dongwoo-hyung repeated, “What do you mean?”

Manager-hyung nodded, “Ne, the President of Wollim Entertainment. We need to practice really hard today! First, we were missing on one person, and now two? What are they trying to do to me? AISH!”

I turned to Myungsu-hyung and the other hyungs.
They seemed to be a little disappointed as well.
Oh well, the good news is that today is bully-free.

We reached the dancing studio’s building and as usual, got in and had warm-ups.

 

NOONE’S POV

When the bus stopped, Woohyun darted out after paying and continued his running, towards the nearby hospital.

Sunggyu was searching for some coins in his pockets and when he did, he literally threw the coins to the bus driver,earning irate shouts and finally stepped out.
His mind was also in curiosity of why Woohyun was heading to the hospital and the thing he was confused about was.. Why was he following him?
Was it because he was worried?

Inside the hospital, Sunggyu’s eyes wandered everywhere for the younger boy, but there was no sign of him. The lobby was crowded with doctors’ shoutings, nurses attending to their patients, children crying and much more that he couldn’t stand it.
Just when he was about to sit down, he saw Woohyun, entering a room. He changed his mind of sitting and ran to him.
He peeked from the door and saw Woohyun hugging an old woman, who was in her 50s, whom he assumed was his mother.
She was letting out heavy sobs and was clutching Woohyun’s shirt, “I told you that they’ll come again. You didn’t listen!” as she hid her face on Woohyun’s shoulder.
Woohyun wrapped his arms around his mother tightly and despite the tears he was in, he kept repeating, “Eomma, mianhae. I’m sorry.”

Sunggyu didn’t know what to do. Watching how fragile and sensitive Woohyun was, was something he had never seen before. The way his heartbeat slowed down just seeing Woohyun in tears was something he never expected. All they had been doing was arguing, fighting and never talk.

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

I was wondering what was Sungyeol-hyung doing at the moment. He should be doing his freaking chores or just clean our shared room since he was the one who always messed everything up!
But, the thought of him and his hurting bum got me laughing and I care less about him after that.

“Sungjong-ah.” Myungsu-hyung called, “Let’s do a dance parody.”

I smiled bubbly, nodding to the awesome idea, “Which song?”

“2PM-sunbaenim’s Heartbeat.” Myungsu-hyung then indicated to where his heart was, "Sungjong-ah, can you feel my heartbeat?"
I hit him lightly and told him to stop.

 

Omo, today was the most memorable day ever.
No Sungyeol-hyung. No Sunggyu-hyung and no Woohyun-hyung.
I will cherish every moment of it.
One day of freedom. Thank you.

But I did wonder about Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung though. Where were they at the moment?
The hospital?..

 

NOONE’S POV

Sunggyu was sitting in the waiting room, just hoping that Woohyun might walk out and maybe that they could talk for a second.

When Woohyun stepped out of the room, Sunggyu abruptly stood up,
“Woohyun-ah.”

And that surprised Woohyun.
“What are you doing here? I thought you left-”

“Is your father alright?” Sunggyu cut off.

Woohyun looked away and nodded, “Ne. He’s fine. He just needs some rest for the time being.”

Then, the awkward silence.

Sunggyu clenched his fist and break the ice, “We need to talk.”

“Not a good idea,” Woohyun rejected, “Please no talking. It gives me goosebumps for some unknown reason.”

“Then, are you leaving now?” Sunggyu asked.

“I am. I’ll be in touch with my eomma. I’ll be calling her later.”

Just after that, Woohyun started walking towards the exit, with Sunggyu behind him.
Not until..
Sunggyu located some street dogs along the path they were walking, and some were barking fiercely.
He just stood there, as if lightning had struck him and made him paralyzed. The bitter memories of him getting bitten was playing-back in his head again. The pain, the tears, the call for help.
He looked up to Woohyun, who was continuing his walk and shouted,
“YAA! Slow down! Yaa, don’t leave me!”
But, upset Woohyun ignored him.
Sunggyu took in some breathings and kept an eye on the dogs, who were now staring intensely at him.
He kept reminding him to not run as they would chase him and the possibilities of him getting bitten again was rather high.
What to do? What to do-

“You should’ve told me the truth.” Someone interrupted him.
Sunggyu diverted his eyes from the dogs and to the person, and saw a smiling-Woohyun.
“What truth?” Sunggyu didn’t seem to understand.

“That you’re scared of dogs.”

Sunggyu let out an unsatisfied-laugh, “We’re not even that close, and for you to know something like that, is redundant enough.”

“Redundant?” Woohyun repeated, “We accidentally kissed. Isn’t that enough?”

Sunggyu’s small eyes grew wider in shock, “YAA. Watch your mouth.”

Woohyun smiled again, “Thank you for coming with me.”

“As if.” Sunggyu replied, “I was spying on you.”

“Let’s start all over again.” Woohyun said, as he moved closer to Sunggyu.

“YAA!” Sunggyu shouted, “Have we been in a relationship before? Why are you-”

Woohyun outstretched his limb to Sunggyu, “I’m Nam Woohyun. What’s your name?”

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun’s hand and hesitantly grabbed it, “Ki-Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 

A/N TA-DAH. The reason to their bickering was .. *you guessed it. Another lame chapter. Sorry >.< I wasn’t feeling well. But, here’s chapter 15. I hope you like it! I'll try my best in the next chapter. Sorry for the confusion in this chapter >.<
I'll put in more Myungjong. Or yeoljong. Depends. :3 hihihi. MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS. ^^"
To all subscribers, thank you. To all readers, thank you for reading! <33 and to the comments, I thanked you with all my heart. I LOVE YOU.
Do subscribe or comment! <33 *hugss