Confused.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

 

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Myungsu-hyung imitating Taecyeon-sunbaenim's heartbeat movements. Especially the one where he was lying on the floor as soon as his heart was 'taken' away.

"Hyung," I said, trying hard to surpress my laughter, "G-Get up. You're making it look-"

Dongwoo-hyung, was also laughing his off seeing Myungsu-hyung, and was literally rolling on the floor, holding the pain on his tummy.
"Myungsu-ah, stop it. You look like a freakin' zombie!" 

Myungsu-hyung was still lying still on the ground, not even responding to our annoying laughs.
Not until, one of us scoffed and shouted at Myungsu-hyung.
"Stop making a fool out of yourself!" Howon-hyung suddenly pulled him up.

Dongwoo-hyung's contagious laugh faded and the studio dropped silent.
All of us were staring at Howon-hyung and his peculiar behaviour.

I bet Dongwoo-hyung had enough of Howon-hyung and his sudden 'change' that he couldn't stay quiet anymore.
"Yaa, Howon-ah." he started, "What the hell is wrong with you? A fool out of ourselves? Who are you? You were like that too, and now you're the one who's-"

However, Howon-hyung cut him off, shouting as loud as he could, echoing the studio,
"Don't act like you know everything!"

I was so shocked just hearing that Howon-hyung had raised his voice to Dongwoo-hyung.
Howon-hyung had never, and what I mean by that, never, done that.
And that made Dongwoo-hyung speechless. Howon-hyung, whom never raised his voice at him was now..-

"Howon-ah," Dongwoo-hyung murmured.

Howon-hyung bit his lower lips and from the way he was acting, he seemed to be hurt.
Possibly regretting on what he just said to Dongwoo-hyung.
Before Howon-hyung left the studio, he kicked the air and let out an irate scream.
After he left, Dongwoo-hyung didn't move a bit. He was standing as still as a statue.
Who could blame him? He was dumbfounded.

 

NOONE'S POV

Sungyeol, who was very bored staying at the dorm by himself, decided to barge into each and one of the members' room, in hopes to find something interesting.

First room was Dongwoo and Myungsu's shared room.
He creaked the door opened and jerked his head inside, his eyes wandering around the messy room.
"What happened in here?" he asked, surprised to see the condition of the room.
Dongwoo's dinosaur pyjama lying on the floor, Myungsu's bamboo pillow hidden under the piles of blankets, some worn clothes at the corner of the room and Dongwoo's bag with its zip widely open.

Sungyeol walked in carefully, despite the pain his bum was in and stopped in the middle of the room, completely in awe of the mess. He went to Myungsu's bamboo pillow and grabbed it, turning it around, examining the thing.
"Does he seriously sleep with this?" and after that, he frowned and threw it away, "That's for making me the bad-guy infront of Sungjong. Pabo."
He looked at Dongwoo's side of the room and grimaced, "Hyung really needs to know how to sort things out." as he approached  the green-bag next to some piles of clothes, picking it up, with its content half-falling out.
"YAA!" Sungyeol shouted exasperatedly, whe one of Dongwoo's possession dropped on his foot, "Who told you to land on me, you-"
But then, something caught his eyes, stopping him from further scolding Dongwoo's stuff.
Something he didn't expect to find.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

All of us sat quietly in the dancing studio, wondering where Howon-hyung could possibly go.
I was worried, of course. I never seen Howon-hyung in such tantrum because all this while I have been brainwashed to think that Howon-hyung was the forever-calm hyung. Turned out I was wrong.

I glanced at Dongwoo-hyung, who was staring blankly on the ground. His mind was probably hovering with questions.

"Hyung," I started, "Maybe you should talk to him. Ask him what's wrong."

Myungsu-hyung chimed in, "You should ask him something about the noona you met."

Dongwoo-hyung turned to both of us slowly, but locked his eyes with Myungsu-hyung, 
"Noona? What do you mean?" he queried nervously.

Myungsu-hyung shrugged, "You wouldn't know if you don't try."

Dongwoo-hyung gave it a thought about what Myungsu-hyung said before abruptly standing up, startling the both of us, who were watching him attentively. "Tell manager-hyung that I'll be back."
And after that, he darted outside, slamming the door shut and what was more, he left me with me Myungsu-hyung.
Alone.
I hated him for a moment there. 

I swallowed slowly and blinked my eyes for a few times, gathering some courage to look at Myungsu-hyung.
He was probably feeling the same way as me. 
Awkward.

He was only sitting centimeters away from me, but I could really feel the heat building up.
The fast and slow heartbeats rates repeating itself, making me feel uncomfortable.
"Sungjong-ah." he called, enough to make my heart jumped.

I turned to him and tried to hide the smile on my face, "Ne, hyung?"

Myungsu-hyung motioned his hand, telling me to come closer.
No, Sungjong. Don't.

I quickly stood up and bowed, "I'm sorry, hyung, but I have to polish some moves that I'm still not familiar with." as I walked towards the wide mirror in the studio, completely ignoring him.

"Sungjong-ah," Still, he was calling me, "I never told you this, but .. I think it's time for you to know."

I, who was busy memorizing some difficult steps, peeked at his reflection from the mirror, "Ne?"

"You're really kind." he said solemnly, but his lips curved into a smile, "You- I mean," as he shook his head, "Even after we debut, I hope you don't change that part of you."

I stopped from the dance and looked at him, "Will there be a reason for me to change?"

Myungsu-hyung sighed and landed his hands behind his back, "We can't be too sure, right? Some of my friends that ended up being an idol changed totally. I don't like them. You better don't change too."

So, he was saying, some of the idols were once his friends? Wow.

"But," he got up from sitting, approaching me with an upset expression, "If you're close to any of the members here after we debut, I'll definitely won't talk to you, arasseo?"

Hearing that adorable threat from someone as mysterious-looking as Myungsu-hyung made me burst out in laughter.
"I can't always be with you, hyung," I said in between my laughs, "I have to be close with the other members too, or the fans would say something lik-"

"Then, maybe I should be good friends with Sungyeol-hyung." Myungsu-hyung cut me short.

What are you talking about, hyung? We're getting out of topic!
"Good. Maybe that way, both of you would stop sending death glares to each other."

Myungsu-hyung looked away and smirked, "Aigoo, my Sungjong. I thought you would realize why we are actually doing that."

"A great explanation might just do the trick." I suggested happily, crossing my arms.

"Really?" Myungsu-hyung smiled in a sly way, "Just.. don't regret after you know everything, telling me that I shouldn't have told you about it and that I should be keeping it to myself."

I shook my head, "Ahne. I'm not the type of person who regrets easily."
Yes, dear readers. I know I lied. I regret easily. But, I can't tell him that!

"It's settle then. I'll tell you about it tonight."

With that, I gave him a thumbs up, agreeing to what he planned on.

 

NOONE'S POV

Sunggyu and Woohyun were now riding the bus to get back to their dancing studio.
Both were scared that their manager would kill them if they had been gone for too long.

Sunggyu decided to sit far from Woohyun because he still felt awkward after what had happened between them back at the hospital and also, he needed some time alone to think all about what he knew now.
 Like, was it too much for him to know about Woohyun's family situation? It didn't seem fair somehow.
When the bus halted at the stop where they were supposed to get off, Woohyun didn't waste any time and quickly walked out.
Sunggyu, who was in a daze, escaped from his intense thoughts and followed Woohyun out.

It was comfortable enough to just watch Woohyun infront of him, rather than walked side to side. 
Besides, he was occupied with his self-reflection moments.

"Hyung," Woohyun called, immediately freezing Sunggyu, "Why are you so far? Let's go back together."

Sunggyu could feel his cheeks flushing red, and the slight tingle in his heart,
"Ah, ne." as he deliberate his steps towards the waiting Woohyun.

Woohyun smiled when he saw that Sunggyu was approaching him and that kind of made Sunggyu felt weird.
"Wipe that grin of yours." Sunggyu said solemnly, "Do you think I would easily forgive you for what you did that night?"

Woohyun furrowed his brow, giving Sunggyu a quizzical look, "Mwo? I thought we were already good-"

Sunggyu scoffed, "How could I forget about that kiss so fast? Just looking at you makes me replay that scene again and again."

"You can't forget about it?" Woohyun questioned, somehow in a mocking way.

Sunggyu, feeling like he was losing, tried diverting the topic away, "Nevermind that. Let's just get back."
He then walk past Woohyun, leaving the younger boy a little perplex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoo was practically running around the streets just searching for Howon, but it was useless.

Howon was nowhere to be seen.
He was already far from the studio's building and to go to a further distance would totally get him yelled by the manager.

Dongwoo was panting of tiredness that he just had to stop for a minute. He placed his hands on his waist and bit his lower lips, wishing for a miracle to instantly happen and that Howon would appear magically.

"Damn it." he cursed under his breath.

"I never hear you cussed." someone from behind him stated, surprising Dongwoo, making him quickly spun to the stranger.

When he knew who it was, he let out dissatisfied sigh and scoffed, "It's because you were an idiot for running away and having me waste my energy to find you. That's why, Howon."

Howon chuckled, seeing how concerned his hyung was, "You should head back."

"You should too. Please," as Dongwoo walked closer to Howon, who seemed to be so calm at the situation,"Don't act like this anymore, Howon-ah. If you have anything that is upsetting you at the moment, just tell me. You usually do that-"

"Anything?" Howon interrupted him.

Dongwoo nodded worriedly, "Anything that's bothering you."

Howon smirked before answering, "You."

 

SUNGJONG'S POV


It was a good thing that everyone reached here on time before manager-hyung did.
Woohyun-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung seemed to be interacting with each other in a friendly way, and Dongwoo-hyung and Howon-hyung were back to being the happy friends, though I wondered what exactly happened between them and what made them regained back their friendship as if nothing really happened.

It was expected that when manager-hyung arrived at the dancing studio, he would be screaming and scolding at Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung, telling them that they should just stay at home if they were fooling around being trainees.
"Both of you also wasted precious times with your immature actions!"

Dongwoo-hyung nodded and chimed in, "That's true. Just so you know, the CEO of Wollim Entertainment is coming to see us tomorrow."

Manager-hyung shot a glare at Dongwoo-hyung as to say, 'Be quiet.'

Sunggyu-hyung, who was the eldest among us, bowed numerous times while repeating his sorries. I bet he felt guilty because he was supposed to act much more mature than us, but he was doing the exact opposite. Discovering a new side of him was interesting, however I pitied him for apologizing since I had been in that same situation too.
Woohyun-hyung only bowed once and after that he looked away.
"If you let me go, then this would never happen." he murmured.
I can't believe Woohyun-hyung had the guts to say that, even if it wasn't loud enough, he was really looking for a fight with manager-hyung again if he keeps doing that.

When manager-hyung didn't have any other things to say, he told us to head back to our dorm, dismissing today's practice.
From the way he sounded, he was pretty pissed off. He didn't even glance at Woohyun-hyung or Sunggyu-hyung when everyone was exiting the place.

 

Back at the dorm, everyone was surprised to see Sungyeol-hyung lying still in the middle of the living room, as if he was dead or got murdered or something.
What a brilliant actor he is.

Woohyun-hyung, who wasn't in his best mood started kicking Sungyeol-hyung, asking him to get up, but Sungyeol-hyung didn't move at all. He then kicked his bum, and with that final straw, Sungyeol-hyung suddenly opened his eyes and was screaming in extreme pain,
"UWAAAAH!" as he rubbed his bum, and carefully getting up, glaring at Woohyun-hyung, "A bone is fractured, thanks to you."

Sunggyu-hyung chuckled, "That's enough. So, how are you doing?"

"I bet he's dying by now." I blurted out nonchalantly.

All eyes were on me after that.
Did I say something wrong?

Woohyun-hyung rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "You're brave enough to say that."

Dongwoo-hyung then tried breaking the pre-arguments and demanded all of us to take a shower and that Woohyun-hyung would be cooking us dinner, together with Howon-hyung.

"He can cook? Since when?" Woohyun-hyung was somehow intrigued at the fact that Howon-hyung could cook.
That's right, he can! Not only you, hyung.

Sungyeol-hyung raised his hand up, "I've seen him cook. He once cooked for the girl in this dorm."

A girl? Chh..when will he stop? And how did he even know that Howon-hyung had cooked for me?
Scary-hyung.

"Yaa, Sungjong-ah," Sunggyu-hyung called, "Go and get me some water." as he pointed to the kitchen.

"I haven't even sit down-" I whined, but Sunggyu-hyung gave me his death glare and I just had to obey him.
Another scary-hyung.

After both of them finished with dinner, we started to sit around the short-legged oval table and ate.
As we were eating, Sungyeol-hyung suddenly stopped and put his chopsticks down, surprising all of us.
He turned to Dongwoo-hyung and gave him a perplexed look, "Hyung, I want to ask you something."

Dongwoo-hyung paused from eating and swallowed the lump of rice in his mouth, "Ne, what is it?"

However, Sungyeol-hyung changed his mind, asking him to forget it as it wasn't really important.

 

Myungsu-hyung watched me as I ate and smiled, "i'm happy that you're eating well this day."

"Stop acting like my mom. Besides, I have to gain back the lost energy during practice." I answered , as I sipped a spoonful of soup.

Myungsu-hyung chuckled and nodded, "Sorry." he continued, but this time in a form of a whisper, "You still curious why me and Sungyeol-hyung exchanging glares?"

"To the max." 

Woohyun-hyung pointed his chopsticks to me, "YAA, maknae-ah. You better finish your food or you're just wasting my time to cook. Food costs money!"

I paused from eating and looked at him, "Money? I saw your wallet, hyung. You have tons of it."

I didn't know what I was saying. It seemed to just find its way out and I had no control.
I wanted to say sorry but somehow, I didn't. Was I looking-forward for him to kill me?

Woohyun-hyung fixed his gaze at his bowl of rice, just staring at it attentively, before getting up, and swept my dinner to the ground, earning gasps from everyone.
The soup spilled everywhere and even on my pants!
I was so shocked that I couldn't even think straight. 

"If you bring that up again, you're dead, you got that?" and with that, he left us and into his room, slamming the door shut.

"Sungjong-ah," Myungsu-hyung moved closer to me, examining the mess I was in, "Gwaenchana?"

No, hyung, I'm not.
I could feel the sudden lump in my throat and I knew immediately that I was going to cry any minute.
The tears in my eyes blurred the vision and I bit my lower lips, telling myself to stay strong no matter what.
But no, I just had to burst in tears and embarrassed myself.
I mean, try to be in my shoes for a moment there. I couldn't hold it in, my heart was screaming.

 

After dinner, I had no mood at all. I took a shower and went straight to bed, not even glancing at anyone who walked into the room. I even ignored Myungsu-hyung.
I hugged my teddy tight and buried my face on its soft-fluffy tummy, hoping to suffocate on the way.
"Yaa." someone called, however I didn't move.

"Sungjong-ah." this time, softer.

I surrendered and decided to turn to the 'intruder'.
Surprisingly, it was owl-hyung. His face resembling an owl under the dim lights.
"What is it?" I asked, annoyed of his presence.

Sungyeol-hyung motioned his hand for me to get down.
I sighed and lazily climbed down the baby stairs of the bunk bed, when I did, I glared at him.
"What is it? You're here to laugh at me? If so, go ahead."

Sungyeol-hyung stood still infront of me, just locking his eyes onto mine.
What was it that he wanted? Just laugh and mock me already! Sick of waiting-

He let out a sigh and suddenly pulled me by my neck, wrapping his arms around me, making me speechless.
"Sungjong-ah." he said as he hugged tighter, "From now on, I'll try to listen to you."

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER
Manager-hyung told us that we would have a heart to heart talk.
Noone liked it.


A/N hello. Lovelywinter here. ^^ Here's chapter 16. I hope it's good enough. Sorry if it's boring! ;(  Mind the spellings and grammar mistakes. ^^ I hope this chapter had enough Myungjong/Yeoljong.
Thank you to the new subscribers. To all the comments I've received, thank you so much. <33 *hugs. I'll try replying but today I think I'll be pretty busy T.T <33 love you all to death. *throw heart confettis!