He cares.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

 

If only Sungyeol-hyung didn't rush me then maybe I wouldn't have hurt myself.
If only he called me nicely then maybe I would've paid attention to the slippery steps.
That's right. If only..

When I missed one step and tripped, I out.
I couldn't remember anything after that. My head might've hit the ground before my body, I assumed.

The time when I opened my eyes, I was already lying down on someone's bed. Not a hospital bed.
Good thing that I wasn't send to the hospital because if I was, then something terrible must've happened like a broken leg or arm whatsoever.

"Sungjong-ah, are you awake?" a familiar voice asked.

Despite the pain my body was in, I turned to the person and saw hyung.
Howon-hyung.
Though it wasn't who I expected, having someone worried about me, was something that healed my pain a little.

"Howon-hyung," I murmured.

He smiled. "I'm going to let you sleep on my bed until your leg heal."

"My leg?" I asked as I checked under the blanket.

"You hurt it when you fell down the stairs." he explained in brief.

Ah. So that's where the pain is coming from. Did I really hurt myself?

I looked back at Howon-hyung. "Hyung, where's-"

"The others?" he cut off, continuing my sentence.

I nodded. 

Howon-hyung's smile faded as he replied, "They said that they're not interested."

"What?" That broke my heart. They were so evil.
Even if a member is hurt, they don't care? Who do they think they are to act that way? They're not my mom but seriously, why in a group if not sincerely taking care of each other? Better just be a solo than being in a group that doesn't have the slightest concern of the other member.

I wanted to ask more of what had happened to me, however, our conversation was interrupted when someone walked into the room.

"Howon-hyung," the intruder called. "Is he awake?"

Myungsu-hyung, he finally came, who was holding a glass, approached Howon-hyung.

When he saw me sitting up straight, an expression of surprise and relieved was evident on his face.
"You're awake." he said. "I was worried. You hit your head too hard. I hope you don't have a concussion. Sungjong-ah," as he put his hand infront of me, "How many fingers do I have?"

Howon-hyung,smiled at the silliness of Myungsu-hyung, stood up and patted Myungsu-hyung's shoulder,
"I'm going to call manager-hyung to tell him that Sungjong's alright. Takecare of him, Myungsu."
And after that, he left, closing the door behind him.

 

NOONE'S POV

Dongwoo saw Howon coming out from the room and walked to him.

"Is he awake?" he asked, peeking at the closed door.

Howon smiled, "He is." he then run his fingers through his hair, continuing, "I was so scared. I thought he was.. god. That kid really scared me!"

Dongwoo laughed and said, "It's not like he's in a big accident. It was just a little trippy trip."
Howon laughed along with his hyung. Somehow, Dongwoo always finds a way to make him at ease at times.

"I want to see him!" Dongwoo exclaimed happily as he made his way to the door.
But, Howon grabbed his arm, quickly stopping him.

"Don't. He needs some rest." Howon lied. As much as he likes Dongwoo's enthusiastic attitude, he just didn't want him interrupting Sungjong and Myungsu's moment.

"What? But-" Dongwoo still wanted to see Sungjong.

Howon, seeing that his hyung was being presistent, decided to drag him to the kitchen and forced him to cook.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Did you sleep well?" Myungsu-hyung asked out of the blue.

I smiled bubbly and nodded, "I did. But, somehow my head hurts."

He sighed and looked at me with a really concern expression, "You should be careful next time."

"Should I?" I blurted, "Because it seems that noone even cares."

"Geumanhae." Myungsu-hyung cut off, "At least aren't you glad that I'm here? I care for you,Sungjong and so does Howon-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung. Stop saying stuff."

Was he mad? From the way he was saying, he sounded upset. Maybe he was right, I shouldn't think of it that way. I should be grateful that someone was concern for me. Mianhae, Myungsu-hyung, for me and my stupid self.

Then, total silence.
Omo, since when did it become this awkward? It never had been like this. Oh god, I need to get out of here.

I pushed the blankets away from me and tried to stand up.  I should leave this room before things get more awkward between me and hyung. I better leave quickly.

However, silly me when I forgot that I injured my right leg and I eventually dropped on the cold-floor, slamming my palm on the ground.
Ouch.

"Yaa," Myungsu-hyung started as he kneeled down next to me, "Gwaenchana? What are you-?"

I closed my eyes and held my right leg, biting my lips to bear with the pain. It hurts so bad as if someone had stepped on it for a long time and now it was cramping.

Eomma, it really hurts. I'm sorry for not taking care of myself. You know how I'm not good in bearing with this kind of pain and you were always there to help me. But, I shouldn't cry, right? Not infront of Myungsu-hyung.

"Sungjong-ah." he called as he held both my arms tightly, "Come on, get up."

As Myungsu-hyung helped me stand, one of his hands wrapped around my waist. 
My eyes grew wider and I gasped of horror to myself. I could feel a tingle in me.
He couldn't have notice, could he?
When I looked at him, he paused too as if to notice something surprising.

Oh no. I hope he doesn't find out about the line I have. Should I explain it to him that it's normal and that I'm still a guy?

"Sungjong-ah." he said, letting go of me, "Are you-"

Omona. He did notice? I'm doomed.

He smiled, "You have a good figure." and he continued to helped me sit back on the bed.
After hearing that statement, I was relieved. So, then he didn't notice anything after all.

"Sungjong-ah," he said, "If you need anything, just tell me, arasseo?"

I told him that it was alright and that he didn't have to do things for me. I would just force guilty Sungyeol-hyung to do the stuff for me. Speaking of him, where was he at the moment?

"I'll leave then." Myungsu-hyung patted my head lightly and walked out. His behaviour seemed peculiar, wonder what was wrong?

 

NOONE'S POV

Myungsu walked out from the room and closed the door quietly.
He didn't want to make it look like he was leaving in a rush but maybe he did make it obvious.
After helping Sungjong get back on the bed, he felt weird.

Myungsu stared at his hand, full of curiosity.
What was that he felt when he held Sungjong's waist? It felt like the younger boy had curves and that was pretty impossible for a guy.
Myungsu glanced back at the door and decided to push the matter away from his head.
What was he thinking? Of course Sungjong is a guy, a male, like him.
If he isn't, then he wouldn't be here now.
"That's right, Myungsu." he mumbled to himself, "You're just imagining things."

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

I really wonder where Sungyeol was. That owl-looking hyung.

I decided to listen to some music on Howon-hyung's Ipod since he had put it next to his bed and if I stood up to get mine, then I would just cause trouble to myself.

Howon-hyung had alot of hip-hop music than ballad and his taste wasn't that bad. I really hope after we debut, Howon-hyung would be an awesome rapper that fans and me look up to.
Howon-hyung, fighting.

I guess the music was loud since I didn't notice that someone came into the room.
That particular someone pulled the earphones away, startling me.

"What are you doing, resting?" he asked angrily.

I turned to him and found that it was Sungyeol-hyung.
Finally, the devil behind all of this had came.

I crossed my arms and glowered at him, "What do you want, hyung?"

"It hurts, doesn't it?" he asked sarcastically.

What was he trying to do? Make fun of me? Now is not the right time, hyung. Though my leg hurts, my left leg works just fine to give you a high-kick and hit you in the face.
You better apologize or else, arasseo, you bad hyung.

"Did Myungsu-hyung take care of you?" he smiled in a twisted way, "Aww, you poor baby."

Aish, Sungyeol-hyung is really wishing to die. 

"By the way, you really are careless. How come you didn't watch where you were stepping, stupid."

Hold up. Did he just call me stupid? Oh no, he didn't just call me stupid.

"Yaa, hyung.." I started, gritting my teeth and clenching my fist.

Before I could say anything, Howon-hyung walked into the room to get something.
"Ah," when he saw Sungyeol-hyung, "You're here. I was looking for you."

Sungyeol-hyung nodded and said solemnly, "Ne. I am. What's up?"

"Ahne. Just curious of your whereabouts." 

Sungyeol-hyung found that his 'torture plan' failing and he retreated by leaving the room.

Thank god, Howon-hyung was there.

"Sungjong-ah," he called, as his eyes wandered around his bed, "Have you seen my Ipod?"

I smiled and happily gave him his Ipod, "Here, I was listening to it."

He took it and smiled back. "Too much hip-hop?"

I chuckled at his question, hoping he understand what my respond was.

"About Sungyeol-hyung.." as his words came out slower this time.

"Ne, hyung?"

 

Howon-hyung laughed and said, "You do know that if that particular person keeps bullying you or making fun of you, they actually like you, right?"

I just couldn't believe what Howon-hyung was saying.

So, he was basically saying that Sungyeol-hyung likes me?

"Aish, hyung." I started as I pushed him lightly, "You're talking nonsense."

"I'm not!" And from the way he looked, he wasn't joking.

I needed to change this uncomfortable topic, quick.
"Where's Sunggyu-hyung?" I asked, in hopes Howon-hyung would change the topic too.

Unfortunately, he didn't. He raised an eyebrow and shook his head, "Trying to divert the subject away, aren't you, Sungjongie?"

I gulped. Hyung, what are you talking about? 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

1. Sunggyu-hyung approached me, "You really are looking for an excuse to just sit there and relax, don't you? While the others are practising, here you are sitting."

"I hurt my leg, hyung."

"Geurae? What would happen if I kick it? Will it hurt more?"

"Hyung!" I shouted.

 

2. Myungsu-hyung stopped me and pushed me to the wall. 
His eyes locked to mine as if to penetrate every single thoughts I was having.

"Sungjong-ah." he started, "Do you.. like me?"

 

A/N hello there, lovely readers. This chapter is boring, I know. But, I will make it up to you the next chapter. It's just that I'm in a rush writing this chapter since I'm going away for three days for a New Year celebration :3 mind the grammar and spelling mistakes.
So, and yeah, I put up two preview to make you readers excited for the next chapter. 
Do subscribe and comment. Comments are appreciated. <3
Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR <3 I love you :3