Hitting hyung.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

  SUNGJONG'S POV

 

Since Sungyeol-hyung didn't like the song that I had chosen, he picked Taeyang-sunbaenim's "Look At Me."

He kept saying that it would make the others feel impressed when we performed it later.

"But, hyung," I started, not really agreeing to him, "We really don't need to win this."

Sungyeol-hyung scoffed, "Be quiet. What do you know? Manager-hyung said this is a dance-off, and it literally means a dance battle. Meaning, we have to win and beat the others."

"The song that I chose earlier was much fun." I complained.

"Damn it. Shut up, Sungjong. Noone wants to dance to any girl group music!" Sungyeol-hyung blurted angrily. 

Any girl group? Excuse me, Sungyeol-hyung. It's SNSD's Run Devil Run. I mean, Myungsu-hyung even agreed to it, which I thought at first was kind of .. weird despite of his charming and mysterious appearance.

Myungsu-hyung heard Sungyeol-hyung raised his voice and stopped him. "Hyung."

Sungyeol-hyung glanced at Myungsu-hyung and sighed exasperatedly.

What's wrong with him today? Even if he's having a bad day, that doesn't mean he could throw his anger at just anyone.

"Let's get choreographing." Sungyeol-hyung instructed as he turned to the huge mirror in the studio.

Myungsu-hyung seemed to realize how upset I was. Who wouldn't be upset after being told to shut up? Even worst, by someone whom you just met two days ago?

"Cheer up." Myungsu-hyung smiled as he shook my hair lightly. 

"I'm trying, but he just makes me so mad!" I clenched my fist tightly. If only there was something I could vent my anger on, like a punching bag or something fluffy. Then, maybe it would calm me down a bit.

Sungyeol-hyung whirled to me and Myungsu-hyung, "Yaa, why are you two still standing there? What if manager-hyung comes back and we have nothing to show him? Don't waste your time!"

Myungsu-hyung nodded at his scolding and pushed me to him while telling me that he sort of looked like an owl when he glared at people.

I chuckled hearing that. I never knew Myungsu-hyung could ever be so humorous.

 

NOONE'S POV

Dongwoo stopped dancing when he knew he couldn't keep up with Howon.

Howon stopped too , seeing that his other pair didn't continue dancing.
Dongwoo sat down and was trying to catch his breaths. How come he wasn't good enough like Howon? He learnt dancing from his sister and all, but when Howon danced with him, it felt like the younger boy was far more better than him.
Howon joined sitting with him, confused and slightly worried.

"Hyung, waeyo?" he asked, catching his breath too.

Dongwoo laughed and covered his face in embarrassment, "Howon-ah, I can't do it."

Howon faced the ground and smiled in a sly way, "What do you mean? You were doing great, hyung."

"Ahne, it's just that, the-" he paused. Should he be telling Howon how he feel? That he felt like he wasn't good enough? No, he shouldn't. That would make Howon feel bad and he didn't want him to be in that kind of position.

Howon tilted his head to Dongwoo when the older boy didn't continue and laughed,
"Ah~ are you saying that the steps are difficult, is it?" though how he said it sounded carefree, he was also feeling a little concerned. "Dongwoo-hyung, do you want to change the steps? Because I think the steps are also confusing."

Dongwoo didn't answer him. He was now feeling guilty. He shouldn't have said anything. Was Howon mad that he wanted to change the steps?

Howon got up and pulled his hyung up too, "Come on. We'll just do a different one then."
The fact that Howon wasn't mad of his peculiar behaviour made Dongwoo smiled with ease.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Myungsu-hyung was laughing his off when I tried to make an aegyo.

"BWAHAHAHAHA. Sungjong-ah!" he was rolling on the floor laughing.

I laughed too, "Ayy, hyung. That's one of my charm!" 

Sungyeol-hyung didn't like it, I assumed, since he slapped me on the head, "What are you doing fooling around like that?"

I turned to him and glowered at him, "It's not wrong! I bet you're just angry that you can't do it!" 

"I don't need aegyo." he said as he crossed his arm proudly.

Whatever, hyung. You don't need aegyo anyway. Glad you realized that.

When I turned to Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung, they were doing pretty good and was well-synchronized.
But they kept their face straight throughout the dance.

I hope they get along soon. I mean, why have enemies in this group? We're going to be together once we debut and we're going to stay like that for quite some time.

Sungyeol-hyung suddenly clapped his hands infront of my face, quickly diverting my attention to him.
"Ne, hyung?"

"You want to join them or this team? Concentrate, maknae!" he shouted.

I bowed my head and apologized, "Jeoseonghamnida."

"Geez, when are you going to be an obedient kid?" he then continued as he pulled me next to him, "Stand here, so you won't get distracted easily and it's better for me to find your tiniest mistakes."

"Ahne," Myungsu-hyung chimed in, "It's better if he stands next to me. With that, maybe you will not step on him intentionally."

I gladly walked next to Myungsu-hyung and smiled at evil Sungyeol-hyung. I gave Myungsu-hyung a high-five and all three of us then started practising! Finally, some choreographs! 

Not after I forgot a step and I bumped to Sungyeol-hyung.

"Sungjong-ah, what are you doing?" he barked, he sounded really frustrated.

That startled me like watching a horror movie where the ghost appears out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry." as I bowed, "I really am."

Myungsu-hyung watched me as he wiped his sweats on his face.

Aigoo, what's wrong with me? One stupid mistake would explode volcano Sungyeol.
Omo, did I just call hyung informally?  .. Volcano Sungyeol, bad Sungyeol, nagging Sungyeol-
I better stop, before I get myself killed.

 

As Sungyeol-hyung scolded me, Sunggyu-hyung was raising his voice at Woohyun-hyung.
"Your steps, Woohyun. Your steps. They're wrong! It's not left to the right, it's right to the left!"  as he showed the right way.

Woohyun-hyung smirked in exhaustion. He must've loathed Sunggyu-hyung's complain and perfection nagging.
"What do you want me to do? I've tried my best, didn't I?"

I couldn't stand their foolish arguments anymore. They were making a big thing out of it. Sunggyu-hyung should understand Woohyun-hyung. He did say that he tried his best!

I approached them, "Hyung, geumanhae!" I stood in between them.

Sunggyu-hyung looked at me and scoffed, "Yaa, maknae-ah, mind your own business. Go and dance to girl group dances, okay?"

Woohyun-hyung glowered at me as if to send thousand of fire arrows at me, "We're not dealing with you."

Did Sunggyu-hyung ..mock me? 

Unconciously, I shoved Sunggyu-hyung and started hitting him, "Why are you being so mean? Yes, I look like a girl but that doesn't mean I should be treated like one!" as I was blurting those out, my tears were accumulating in eyes.
The studio and Sunggyu-hyung was starting to get blurry. I didn't know why but my it felt like my heart was cut open and my legs were getting weaker.  "Don't treat me like this!" I shouted as loud as I could.

The others watched with immense shock as I hit Sunggyu-hyung. Yes, I was an idiot for hitting the eldest one in the group.
He asked for it!

When I wanted to continue hitting, someone held both of my wrists and moved me away from Sunggyu-hyung.

Howon-hyung was surprised, "Myungsu-ah."

Sunggyu-hyung fixed his hair and shirt, "Did you just hit me? YAA, did you hit me?"

The studio's door suddenly was opened by manager-hyung. He was carrying some plastic bags in his hands.
"Kids! I'm back and I've brought food."

But the reaction from us was nil. Everyone except for the music that was still on, seemed quiet when he barged in. 

Of course, manager-hyung was confused, "Yaa, why are you guys.. quiet?"

Dongwoo-hyung found the situation awkward that he decided to break the silence.
"Waa," as he laughed, "Hyungnim! You brought food for us? Waaah~ I'm so hungry!" he then approached manager-hyung as if nothing bad had happened.

Somehow, manager-hyung was convinced of Dongwoo-hyung's 'happy act' and nodded, "Geurae. I wanted to give you boys this."

Everyone then started to approach him as well. Myungsu-hyung let go of me and followed other hyungs.
Not until, Sunggyu-hyung pulled me to him, "You're going to get it once we're back at the dorm."

I gulped. Eomma, I know I shouldn't have act like that towards him. Now, I'm sure that he'll kill me. Ah~ eotteokhae!

 

We showed manager-hyung our dance and he was impressed. Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung's duo was perfect. Howon-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung's was amazing. And ours? It was good luck. We did it flawlessly.

Sungyeol-hyung was so excited when all of us had finished dancing. He was really anticipating of manager-hyung's decision.

"That was very.. mind-blowing. You boys really have teamwork within you!" he praised. He laughed and then said, "Alright, that's all for today then. You boys may go back to your dorm and take a rest. You'll be here again tomorrow-"

Sungyeol-hyung's smile short-lived. "W-What? Hyungnim, isn't this a dance off?"

Manager-hyung nodded, "Geurae."

"There should be a winner here." Sungyeol-hyung elaborated.

"Ahne. it's just a dance off. Seeing that you boys must be exhausted, I'm giving you a day-off now." after that, he winked at us and left the studio, leaving Sungyeol-hyung in pieces.

He was really looking forward to being the winner of this dance off.

I knew it wasn't a dance battle and that there wouldn't be any winner, but Sungyeol-hyung just have to keep insisting that it was.

 

As we were walking back to our dorm, Howon-hyung walked next to me and patted my back,
"Sungjong-ah, you did great." as he smiled.

"Geurae, hyung? I'll try my best in the future!" I promised bubbly.

I turned to Myungsu-hyung, who was also next to me and I nudged him, "Hyung, today was fun."

He smirked, "Are you sure? You got yelled at alot."

I pouted at his statement. He was right. I did get yelled at alot.

He shook my hair and said, "At least you didn't cry infront of them, right?"

I laughed quietly, "You saved me back there when I almost did."

"Thank you?" he said as to guess that I was going to say that to him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, "I almost broke our promise."

Myungsu-hyung didn't respond to that , instead he only smiled to himself. I hope that he was saying that it was alright.

 

That night, I was deadmeat. Sunggyu-hyung was going to kill me.

I was in the kitchen when out of nowhere, I heard Sunggyu-hyung calling for me from his room. I froze and my mind went blank.

I knew that he was going to get a knife and murder me in the kitchen. I knew it.

Before he did, I darted quickly to my room and locked the door.
No way was he going to see me if I keep the door locked.

"What the hell are you doing?" a voice in the room asked. 

I whirled and was surprised to see Sungyeol-hyung up in his bed, reading a comic book.

"Ah." as I leant back on the door, "Ahne. I-"

"Open the door." he ordered sternly.

"No, but-" I tried to explain but what was the use?

"Open the freaking door, maknae." he said again.

I have to make an excuse. Quick. 

"Howon-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung, we-uh, we're playing hide and seek." I lied.

"Liar. Now, open the door." as he put down his comic book.

Darn it. Was he still sulking that manager-hyung didn't declare anyone the winner for the dance-off? Aigoo, Sungyeol-hyung, you're acting like a kid!

Still, I didn't open the door. No way! Sunggyu-hyung was going to nag me alive.

Sungyeol-hyung sighed with full of frustration and climbed down from his bunk bed. He approached me who was scared and held the doorknob behind me. "Move. I don't like it when the door's closed."

When he swung the door opened, Sunggyu-hyung was waiting for me all these while.

"Sungjong-ah." he faked a smile, "Where do you think you're going?"

Sungyeol-hyung shook his head and grabbed his jacket, "I'll go out for a minute." and after that, he went to the front door and left.

I looked at Sunggyu-hyung and acted brave. "Yes, hyung? What is it?"

"How dare you hit me back at the dancing studio? Who do you think you are?" as he pushed my shoulder, trying to intimidate me or something. "Yaa, I'm older than you. Have some respect!"

What could I say? I was being disrecpectful in a way. I shouldn't have hit him and much worse, infront of the other members.

Oh god, plese help me. Send anyone, please. Myungsu-hyung is busy at the moment, just send anyone. Anyone will do. Jebal~

 

And unexpectedly,
"Yaa, Sungjong-ah." Sungyeol-hyung called from outside.

Aish, what does he want now? At least get inside or something. 

Sunggyu-hyung pointed his index finger at me, "I'm warning you. I'll really get you."
I left him and headed towards the door since Sungyeol-hyung was calling. He did save me from more of Sunggyu-hyung's scoldings, but I wasn't sure if I should be grateful of that.

I deliberated my steps because I really didn't want to see him at the moment. Not in the mood. Not after he forced me to open the door when I was about to get killed.

When he still hadn't see me at the door, he shouted a little louder.

"YAA, SUNGJONG-AH." he sounded irate.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed of him and turned the doorknob. 
As soon as I got out, I sighed, "What?"

"COME DOWN HERE. NOW." 

I looked at him and the baby stairs infront of me. It looked slippery that anyone who might be in a rush could fall anytime.

"YAA!" Sungyeol-hyung exclaimed impatiently, "Didn't you hear me? Get down now."

I nodded, "Arasseo, arasseo."

Sungyeol-hyung turned around while he waited.
I put on my shoes on and watched him as I walked down the stairs.

WHAT I didn't notice was that, I had missed one step. How could've I miss one step? Was I that clumsy?

...... I couldn't remember anything after that.

 

NOONE'S POV

When Sungyeol heard the thud from behind him, he instintively spun to see what it was.

And when he did, Sungjong was lying on the cold ground, unconscious.

He was speechless, shocked- everything. What had happened? Concern built up in him.

He abruptly ran to the unconscious makane and tried waking him up, 
"Yaa, Sungjong-ah." as he slapped his face lightly, "Yaa, why are you-"

No, he needed help. 
"Hyung! Myungsu-ah!" he called, his hands trembling, knowing that Sungjong hadn't wake up yet.

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

SUNGJONG'S POV

Howon-hyung laughed and said, "You do know that if that particular person keeps bullying you or making fun of you, they actually like you, right?"

I just couldn't believe what Howon-hyung was saying.

So, he was basically saying that Sungyeol-hyung likes me?

"Aish, hyung." I started as I pushed him lightly, "You're talking nonsense."

"I'm not!" And from the way he looked, he wasn't joking.

 

A/N Hello, lovely readers of mine. I've tried making equal Myungjong and Yeoljong moments. (I'll just make it equal) but to some that wants more Myungjong, I'll give you more Myungjong in next chapter :3 mind the spelling and grammar mistakes (sleepy mode T.T)

Thank you for reading and the comments! <33  I love you and as I've said it before, you are the support for the story! :3
If you don't see your comments in the comments section below, I somehow accidentally deleted it. YES, I'M VERY SORRY ;A; Don't hate me and blame my phone! UGHH.
OOooh, and I've posted a poster! I really love it! <3

-LovelyWinter