Sensitive hyung.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"It's wrong to like you, " he said, "So, I won't."

I laughed and released his grip from my hand, "Happy New Year to you too, hyung."

"Mwo?" somehow, he didn't get it.

"Hyung, there's no need for you to like me. I'm not forcing you." as I smiled, hoping him to understand what I was saying.

I mean, he didn't like me and I didn't like him either. So, what was left was to each other's satisfaction.

Sungyeol-hyung stared in confusion for a moment before scoffing, "Geurae, you're right. I will forever hate you, until you quit the group. I'm warning you, don't come begging on your knees, telling me to like you, because by then, I won't." and after that, he gave me one of his stupid death-glare before walking off.

I let out a half-laugh and murmured, "What is wrong with him?"

Manager-hyung gathered all of us and told us that we should be heading back to our dorm, since tomorrow we would have a new type of practicing.

As expected, curious Woohyun-hyung asked him, "What kind of-?"

Manager-hyung didn't say anything, instead giving us his weird smile that scared all of us.
"Hyung," I started, when I flashbacked the moment where I was taking Sunggyu-hyung's wallet, "Are you sure that you're not the 'thing' that I bumped inside the dorm?

Manager-hyung washed the strange smile away and shook his head quickly, "Of course not! Yaa, Sungjong-ah! You think I'm not a human? I'm your manager!"

Sungyeol-hyung glowered at me, "Of course he can't differentiate human and non-existent things. He's. Still. Young." he strident.

What was that, hyung? And you're not? You're not even 20 yet! 

"How old are you again, Sungjong?" Manager-hyung asked, trying to remember my age.

I sighed, a little disappointed that he forgot, "I'm fifteen!" I shouted angrily.

Manager-hyung chortled, "I'm sorry, Sungjong. I guess I'm getting old."

Old? Hyung, you're only 29 years old!

"Sunggyu is the eldest then." Manager-hyung stated as he turned to Sunggyu-hyung, "You better take care all of them when I'm not around."

I glanced at Sunggyu-hyung and gave a mocking laugh, "Take care? More like-"

"Loving them." Sunggyu-hyung interrupted, gritting his teeth as he looked at me, "I love them, especially Sungjong. Am I right, lovable maknae?" 
He was forcing a smile on his face and was clenching his fist tightly.
But, that creepy fake smile he gave me was something that might haunt me when I go to sleep tonight.

"Let's go back then." Manager-hyung ordered, and with that, all of us started sauntering back to the street.

As we were walking, I noticed that Dongwoo-hyung was not even walking any near Howon-hyung.
Did they have a fight or something? They couldn't have, I mean, they have been with each other eversince day one.
Should I be worried or should I just shook this matter of my head? ..
Aigoo..

"Sungjong-ah." Myungsu-hyung called as he put one arm around me, "Are you having fun?"

I smiled sheepishly, "Ne. I did."
Eotteokhae? He's so close! 
Omo, my heart, please stop beating like crazy!

"I have something that I want to-" but, someone cut him off.

"Myungsu, oh dear, Myungsu." Sungyeol-hyung sang from behind us, "You are amazingly kind and caring, oh, how I like you~"

Myungsu-hyung let go of me and turned to Sungyeol-hyung, "Ne? What are you talking about?"

Sungyeol-hyung flickered his eyelashes and pouted cutely, "You're so kind to Sungjong. I'm just so.." as he changed back to his straight-face, "Disgusted."

How could he say that? Disgusted? Chh, it doesn't matter.
Once we reached our dorm, I'll punch the life out of your subsitute.
My teddy. Just you wait.

"Why'd you say that?" Myungsu-hyung asked, upset when he heard that, "I think Sungjong is adorable."

Thank you so much, hyung.
I know I am!

"Adorable?" Sungyeol-hyung repeated sarcastically, "More like horrible. Now, move." as he pushed in between us and walked forward.

Myungsu-hyung bit his lower lips and started laughing to himself, "Don't worry, Sungjong. He didn't mean it."

"I meant it!" Sungyeol-hyung shouted, after hearing what Myungsu-hyung said.
What is he? He could still hear what hyung said even if he was whispering.

"Ignore him." Myungsu-hyung said again, this time, moving his face close to mine so that bad-hyung wouldn't hear us.
That eavesdropper.

 

When we reached our dorm, the lights were back on.
Thank goodness, or we would be sleeping and taking a shower in full-darkness!

"The lights are back! Finally!" Woohyun-hyung cried as he was the first one to rush inside, leaving the cold weather.
Manager-hyung chuckled seeign his behaviour and shook his head, "Aigoo, that kid."

Sunggyu-hyung walked up the baby-stairs to our door and scoffed, "Why is this place so old anyway? You could've get us a better place. Shabby-"

"How about I let you boys live outside? Does that sound better?" Manager-hyung shot back.

I was trying so hard to surpress my laugh when I heard that comeback.

Sorry, Sunggyu-hyung but manager-hyung scored one more point.
Hamster look-alike hyung: NEVER
Manager-hyung: 100 times infinite.
Bleh. Serves you right.

"The hell happened!" shouted Sunggyu-hyung as soon as he stepped into his room.

Ah. That's right. I was in there to take his wallet.
Chh, clean it yourself. Who told you to make me search that stupid wallet of yours.
Now, excuse me while I flee away before getting yelle-

"YAA!" Sunggyu-hyung called irately, freezing my escape. "SUNGJONG, get in here!"

I shut my eyes and mumbled to myself, "Too late." 
I let out a sigh and gathered all my courage to look at him, "Ne, hyung?"

He approached me quickly and grabbed me by my arm, pulling me inside his room.
I struggled to release myself from his grip, "Ah- hyung- Let me go!"

The roommate of his, Woohyun-hyung, was staring at all the mess. He was in shock of the condition of the room as well.
Most the books from their shelves weren't in their original places, some cosmetic product scattered in the room and I guessed those pills on the floor were Sunggyu-hyung's.

"Look at what you've done, dear maknae. What a pleasant view." Sunggyu-hyung stated sarcastically.

I couldn't even utter any word. This was.. paradise.
I destroyed the room of the kingkas of this dorm.

Sunggyu-hyung rolled his eyes to me, "Are you smiling? Get cleaning." he then added, "Just so you know, you're paying for the pills that I've lost. Make sure you got some cash with you because they're not that cheap."

I looked back at him and gave him a conceited-smirk, "Are you sick, hyung? Should you be here? Are you really that old to be eating medicines? Are you dyin -"

Omo. I did it again. Those unconscious rage blurted out words that would definitely get me hit.
Aish, why am I like this? Keep it to yourself, Sungjong!

"Waa~" Sunggyu-hyung crossed his arms and glowered at me, "The audacity in you has increased, hasn't it? Chh, how dare you- YAA, come here."

I shook my head, refusing to listen and darted out from the room, slamming the door closed, before running for my life to my room, where sanctuary was.

When I got into my room, I immediately locked the room and leant back on it, hoping for the worst.
I took in some breathings to calm myself, hoping that Sunggyu-hyung wouldn't pound or kick the door opened, because if he did, I would definitely climbed the small window of this room and make my great escape!
I was really terrified of what would happen to me that I didn't even notice that someone was in the room with me.
Howon-hyung.

He had been watching me all the time, eversince I dashed in, up until now.
And he was giving me one of his 'whattheheckisgoingon' look.
Understanding the expression he was giving, I told him that a beast was going to shred me and eat me alive.
Though it didn't sound realistic enough. 
Howon-hyung looked annoyed and diverted his eyes away from me to his IPod, giving me the cold-shoulder treatment.
That didn't make me feel any better, at all.
Hyung, what happened?

 

NOONE'S POV

"Myungsu-ah," Dongwoo called, when he felt the situation was at ease.
Both of them were in their room, preparing the blankets and pillows for their sleep since they were really exhausted and the first thing they would like to do was to get some shut-eyes.

Myungsu paused and turned to Dongwoo with a clueless face, "Ne, hyung?"

Dongwoo took in a deep breath before continuing, "Do you still remember the story I've told you about when I was still in the dancing academy? About the noona I like-"
Eversince sharing a room with the second maknae, they would always talk about their days before being a trainee and it was usually a fun topic to talk about, funny at times too.

Myungsu nodded and smiled, "Ah~ Ne, I remember. Why?"

"I saw her. She saw me. We talked."

Myungsu was suddenly intrigued in the topic even more, "Mwo? Where? When? What did you talk about? Who were you with?"

Dongwoo was obviously blushing. His ears were becoming red and he was laughing nervously.
One of his traits when he was feeling shy or uncomfortable.

"Ahne. I was with Howon outside, then there she was." as Dongwoo reminisced back the moment he saw her.

"Howon-hyung?" Myungsu repeated. "He was with you?"

Dongwoo slightly nodded, "Ne, he was."

Myungsu gave it a thought.
Was that the reason why Howon-hyung was acting strange?
It didn't make sense, that he decided to shake it off.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Open the door, you little brat!" Sungyeol-hyung yelled as he banged on the door.
No way, hyung.
I know that you're in this with Sunggyu-hyung.

"Are you scared of Sunggyu-hyung?" he asked, "He's in the bathroom taking a shower. Open the door!"

For some unknown reason, I trusted him.
I unlocked the door and creaked it opened carefully, only to find Sungyeol-hyung with his upset face,
"What took you so long?" as he walked in, pushing me by the shoulder, "Coward." 

When I heard that, I whirled to him exasperatedly, "Mwo? Coward? You're the-"
Out of nowhere, my mouth was covered by a hand and I was dragged out of the room.
"Did you really think that you could easily get away with this?" From the husky-voice, I immediately knew who it was.

I tried removing his sweaty-palm from my mouth and elbowed him, "Sunggyu-hyung! Stop this before one of us get hurt!"

"What's the use? I'm dying anyway." He poked my forehead, "That's what you said, right? Now, get cleaning!"

Sungyeol-hyung was lying. What a liar!
He said that Sunggyu-hyung was taking a shower!

"Sungyeol-hyung pabo!" I screamed as loud as I could, making the dorm echoed.
As expected, I earned a slap on the head from Sunggyu-hyung,
"Are you trying to wake the neighbours up? If not, shut your mouth." he was then pushing me inside his room.
"I want everything to be neat as they were before, or else I'll make sure you quit being a trainee." he threatened, before leaving me with the mess.
Make me quit? ..

Woohyun-hyung was also inside the room, picking up his moisturizer on the floor, placing it back on the table.
Looking at him like that, softened my heart. In other meanings, I pity him.
"Let me help you, hyung." I insisted as I grabbed one of his lotion, however when I was about to put it on the table,
he hit my hand.

"YAA! How many times have I told you that I don't like you?" he said furiously. "I don't need your help."

I paused for a moment and when I came to my senses, I sighed, "It's my fault. Not yours. So, I should be the one-"

"I don't like it when people touch my stuff. Go to Sunggyu-hyung's side of the room!" as he pointed to where Sunggyu-hyung's bed and bags were. 
WOW. What an incredibly big mess.
It was as if a monkey got into our dorm and threw a rampage in here.
Wait- am I calling myself a monkey?

I bowed my head and murmured, "Ne." and sauntered to Sunggyu-hyung's section.

 

When I finished my job as a slave, it was already like two in the morning and I was literally walking like a zombie back to my room.
Howon-hyung was already sleeping, so as Sungyeol-hyung.
It was so quiet that I could even hear my breathing as I took my small towel.
I wanted to wash my face before heading to bed, because I heard that if your face was oily and you just go to bed like that, it wasn't really good for the skin. Something like that.

To be frank, I never like going into the bathroom when everyone was already in bed.
The creepy, eerie feeling would build in me and  I hated that.
Whenever I wash my face, I could feel like some sort of a presence, just watching me.
My imagination was always silly and ..

"SUNGJONG." the bathroom's door suddenly swung opened.

I screamed out a long-note and covered my eyes with both of my hands.
"KYAAAAAAAAAAH!"
I almost died. My heart jumped that I almost fainted and I couldn't even balance on my feet.
My knees were shaking bad and I could feel the tears coming out from my eyes.

"Sleep well." the intruder greeted amiably.

Mwo? .. I removed my hands to look at this 'ghost' and turned out it was Sungyeol-hyung.
"Hyung!" I shouted, when I saw him. "You-"

He flashed an evil smile and closed the door, not even saying sorry for what he had done.
Which was scaring me to death. 

I quickly finished off and headed back to my room. 
When I got in, I kicked Sungyeol-hyung's bunk bed and climbed to mine.
Hugging my teddy, slapping it numerous times and after that, went to sleep.

 

   The next day, all of us started practising as usual but manager-hyung had told us that today we would be having a different practice.
"As you will debut as an idol-group, you should be dancing and singing." he said. "Today, we will polish that more."

Sunggyu-hyung clapped his hands, "I like this. Let's do it."

I wasn't ready at all. My vocal wasn't that great yet, of course I would definitely lose to Woohyun-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung. 
I twiddled my fingers and tried calming myself, only thinking of the positive.

"So," manager-hyung emphasized, "I want all of you to choose a song."

Sungyeol-hyung raised his hand up, "Hyungnim, I can't do it."

All of us then turned to him, a little perplexed.
"My throat hurts-" When I heard him, I quickly denied what he was saying.

"He was basically yelling this morning! He's lying, hyungnim!" I remembered it well. He was shouting and screaming for me to get out of bed and everything!
Chh, Sungyeol-hyung, we're not in the army. Relax.

Manager-hyung sighed and shook his head in disbelief, "Why are you lying, Sungyeol?"

Seeing that he was caught, Sungyeol-hyung tried changing the subject, "I actually like Big Bang-sunbaenim. Yeah, I do."

"Good," as manager-hyung smiled, satisfied with the situation, "Then, I'll give you boys five minutes to choose a song."

"Ne." all of us shouted silmutaneously.

I peeked at Myungsu-hyung to see his reaction of this new practice and something tells me that he didn't like it.
He was in a daze and he looked so nervous, glancing at everyone who was already memorizing lyrics to their chosen song.
"Hyung." I called, startling him, "Have you chosen your-"

"I need some fresh air." and with that, he darted out of the dancing studio, slamming the door closed.

I watched him go and noticed that manager-hyung was confused of his action too.

 

NOONE'S POV

"What am I going to do?"  Myungsu kept repeating the same question, over and over again.
Back at the audition, everything went smoothly and surprisingly, his voice amazed him too.
But, now, it seemed like his voice got all rusty and untrained.
Moreover, he never dance and sing. The audition was different.
It's either you sing first or dance first.

"Hyung." the door of the studio shut and sounds of footsteps were approaching him.

Myungsu spun to the person and smiled in relief when it was Sungjong,
"Sungjong-ah." he said, "What are you-"

"I should be asking you that." Sungjong cut off. 

"It's just that, I can't-" but when he was about to tell Sungjong what had been bothering him, their manager had demanded them to get back in, informing that the five-minutes were up.

Sungjong looked at Myungsu with concern, "Hyung, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." he let out a sigh, in hopes all the frets would go along with it, "Let's get in."

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Myungsu-hyung was acting weird. 
I bet he was just a little anxious about this whole singing practice thing.
Don't worry, hyung! You're not the only one.

When everyone was already seated on the studio's bench, manager-hyung commenced the singing practice.
"Howon-ah, you go, first." he ordered.
We all watched how Howon-hyung sang and was enthralled by it.
His voice was perfect. Well, his rappings are also amazing.

After giving him an applause and him sitting down again, manager-hyung chose Myungsu-hyung the second one to sing.
However, he didn't move a bit from the bench, earning an irate shout from Woohyun-hyung, "Get going! Don't act so cool."
I glanced at Myungsu-hyung and whispered, "Hyung, you should go-"

Myungsu-hyung suddenly got up, with his head facing the ground.
He stood infront, facing all of us including manager-hyung, "I-I" he stammered, "I'll be singing 4Men's Baby Baby."

Good choice, hyung!
"Wooooo!" I cheered him on happily, but got scolded by Sungyeol-hyung, telling me to shut up and that this wasn't any game tournament. 
Who cares what you think, hyung?

Myungsu-hyung closed his eyes and tried to gather as much focus, before starting singing.
What we had expected from his voice was not what we were hearing now.
His voice sounded.. (I'm sorry, hyung.) Horrible.
What happened ..?

Sunggyu-hyung suddenly got up from his seat, pointing a finger to Myungsu-hyung, 
"YAAAH~ What are you doing to a very well-known song, huh? You're ruining it!" he yelled, thinking that he could do much better than Myungsu-hyung, "Let me do it."

Arrogant hyung.

Myungsu-hyung bowed his head, "I'm sorry. I'm just-"

Sunggyu-hyung pushed him back to the bench, "I said let me do it."

That instantly outraged me. Who was he to push someone just because they weren't good in singing a song?
Oh, that's right. Evil hamster-hyung!

Myungsu-hyung sat next to me with his face down, not even peeking to any one of us.
I wanted to ask him if he was alright, but, I changed my mind. It seemed like he wanted to be alone.

"You're not the only one who can sing that." Woohyun-hyung interrupted Sunggyu-hyung, who was already in the middle of the song, "You're forgetting me."

Sunggyu-hyung scoffed, "Waah~ I'm scared."

Sungyeol-hyung enjoyed watching them and snickered, "Let the game begin."

Niga neomu yeppeujanha.. oh baby~

"That's wrong!" Sunggyu-hyung yelled at Woohyun-hyung, "The way you're singing it is completely wrong!"

Manager-hyung stared at them, irritated of their once-again bickerings.
"The two of you. Sit. Now." he demanded as he motioned his hand to the bench.

Sunggyu-hyung walked back to his seat, but before that, he looked at Myungsu-hyung and scoffed,
"That's how you do it. With passion, unlike you, lifeless."

I was taken aback of what he just said, that I quickly looked at Myungsu-hyung.
He was still facing down.
Hyung, cheer up.

"Three minutes break." Manager-hyung stated, "And I don't want to see any more fights later."

Three minutes was enough for me to ask Myungsu-hyung if he was alright.
First, I changed my mind, but now, I was ready to take in the consequences of asking.
"Hyung, are you.. alright?" 

Myungsu-hyung put a hand onto his face and stood up.
I was even worried when he walked out of the studio again.
Sungjong-ah, you better do something!
I left the studio and chased after Myungsu-hyung.
He was facing the corner and I could hear light sobs.
Was he in tears? .. Did Sunggyu-hyung really hurt him?
Should I go and comfort him? Or was that a bad idea?


I couldn't help but stand there and watch Myungsu-hyung in that situation he was in.
"Hyung," I called softly, "Don't cry. It's not-"
Myungsu-hyung whirled to me, "What are you- Sungjong-ah, get back in."

"You.." I started, as I walked closer, "You always find a way to worry me, don't you?"
That was what he said when I was in tears or after I got scolded by the hyungs.
Myungsu-hyung managed a sad smile, "I shouldn't be here, Sungjong. I shouldn't be a trainee." 

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

NOONE'S POV

Woohyun was now clenching his cellphone. All the emotions in him was jumbled up that he couldn't even think straight.
"Eomma," he said, his voice trembling, "What happened? Did you say he is in the hospital?"

"Woohyun-ah, your abeohji was chased again, aigoo..Woohyun-ah!" his mother was crying and sobbing at the end of the other line, "He was chased."

Sunggyu, who was watching Woohyun, had a feeling that something bad had happened.
Could his theories be true? That Woohyun's family was..

 

A/N helloo :3 it's Lovelywinter. Here's chapter 14. Hope you like it! About Dongwoo being a spy for the manager will be put in next chapter! I didn't forget that one! Don't worry!
I will start all the drama the next chapter and I'm planning to end this somewhere in February. So, beware :3 hihihi.
MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS. (In a rush) to the ones that guessed the noona from a show, yes, dear readers, it was ;) hihihi. 
To all the new subscribers, thank you for subscribing. <33 I love you. *hugs. And to all the comments I've received, thank you so very much. It strengthens this fic. hihihi <33 :3 I love you all. *Bear hug ;3 I'll try replying to the comments tomorrow! <3