We're more than that.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

I didn’t quite understand what Dongwoo-hyung was talking about.

Be careful of Sungyeol-hyung? Aish, waeyo.

So far, he hadn’t made scary things to me or anyone lately.

 

When our manager came back with food, all of us sat together in the living room to enjoy the food.

It was no surprise that we were all starving when the food quickly finished.

I kept glancing at Sungyeol-hyung  to really find out what Dongwoo-hyung meant.

Sungyeol-hyung caught me looking at him that he gave me a death glare. I immediately turned away to drink my water. Meeting with his eyes was something I never wanted to encounter.

“Yaa, maknae-ah.”  Sungyeol-hyung called suddenly.

How startled I was when he did that. It felt like as if my heart was about to pound away from me. Oh god, help me.

Sungyeol-hyung continued when I didn’t respond, “The juice on the kitchen floor, did you clean it well?”

I tilted my head to him with full of hesitation and nodded, “Ne. I did.”

I noticed that Dongwoo-hyung was giving Howon-hyung one of his ‘I told you so’ look.

What was that for?

“He really did clean it well.” Myungsu-hyung chimed in, “ Didn’t you know, hyung? The floor is now a mirror.” He was trying to make the mood slightly brighter.

Dongwoo-hyung turned to Myungsu-hyung, “Yaa, ssinja-yo? Are you for real?”

Aigoo, gullible Dongwoo-hyung..

Myungsu-hyung nodded sarcastically.

Sunggyu-hyung chuckled, “Are you making a joke, Myungsu?”

“Aigoo! That’s pretty funny.” As Woohyun-hyung laughed along with the loud Dongwoo-hyung who was already laughing his head off.

When I see Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung laugh like that, I wonder why when it comes to me, it’s all disappointment and frowns. Am I really a burden tothem? Eomma, I’m trying to understand.. but, it seems that I can’t.

Manager-hyung’s laugh short-lived. He stood up and checked his cellphone before facing all of us,
“You kids, you better wake up early tomorrow, as early as 5am. I’ll be meeting you outside for your daily routine.”

“Mwo?” Sungyeol-hyung whined, “What daily routine?”

I got curious too, that I just had to ask him the same thing, “Yeah, manager-hyung. What daily routine?”

The only hint he was giving us was a smirk and a “You’ll see.” reply.

 

NOONE’S POV

After that small dinner, everyone agreed to give the cleaning chores to the rapper liners.

Sungjong wanted to help too, but Howon insisted on him to get a rest since he had twice the work today.

As usual, Sungjong would be bubbly and thanked him for what he was doing. “In return, I’ll prepare your bed.” He then went off to their room happily.

As the two rappers were cleaning and picking up the crumpled tissues on the floor, Howon suddenly stopped and sat straight.

“I’m worried for Sungjong.” He said out of the blue, making Dongwoo paused too.

“Worried?” he repeated.

Howon sighed and faced Dongwoo. “Hyung, it feels like Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeol really dislike him. Haven’t you notice that?”

“Ahne. They’re getting along pretty well. I don’t see any arguments between them.”

Howon shrugged his shoulders before continuing picking up the mess on the floor. Maybe Dongwoo was just playing oblivious, he thought.

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

Though I agreed to prepare Howon-hyung’s bed, I couldn’t help but feel the awkwardness between me and Sungyeol-hyung who were the only two in the room.

He was busy searching through his bags that he might not even notice me getting into the room.

I wanted to ask him what he was looking for, however if I didn’t want to be receiving any mean comeback, I kept it to myself. I ignored his presence and walked towards Howon-hyung’s bed and settled the blanket and pillow in.

“Yaaa.” Sungyeol-hyung said, as he pushed me away from Howon-hyung’s bed, almost making me tripped.  “What are you doing!? Don’t touch others’ belongings! Are you an idiot? Who told you to-”

The room’s door suddenly swung opened. Both of us turned to the door, to find Howon-hyung standing there.

“What’s going on in here?” he asked exasperatedly, he glared over Sungyeol-hyung, “Do you hear yourself? Me and Dongwoo-hyung can almost hear you from outside. Why are you shouting at night?”

Sungyeol-hyung scoffed, as if to defend himself, “Hyung, can you tell Sungjong here, NOT to touch other people’s stuf-”

“No.” Howon-hyung cut him off, “For all I know, Sungjong didn’t do anything wrong. Now go to sleep.” And after that, he slammed the door, leaving Sungyeol-hyung a little shock.

He sighed with disbelief, “So you and Howon-hyung are friends now? No wonder you seem to be happy.”
Sungyeol-hyung then climbed to his bunk bed and covered himself fully with his blanket, not even saying goodnight.

I still stood in between the two bunk beds, clenching my anger away. But, I guess,  I wasn’t an expert in that yet.. which was why,

“Ne,” I blurted out, “Howon-hyung is kind to me, unlike you, hyung. He doesn’t insult me or talk to me in a mean way, unlike YOU. You hear that? I’m happy to be his dongsaeng, somehow I’m not happy to be yours, arasseo?” I didn’t even notice that I was almost shouting.

 

NOONE’S POV

Sungyeol, who was hearing all those words that Sungjong said, clutched his blanket and shut his eyes tightly.

“Sungjong-ah, you are the mean one.” He murmured.

 

SUNGJONG’S POV

The next day, everyone woke up at 5am as what manager-hyung had told us too.
However, I woke up pretty late, at about 5:15 am.

When I got up, everyone in the dorm was already gone for a jog with manager-hyung.
I knew I was about to get scolded when I found them stopping their jog at a nearby park, waiting for me.

Once I reached them, it was as I predicted. Manager-hyung approached me and scolded me.

“Did you look at the time, huh, Sungjong-ah?” he shouted angrily that my heart shrunk. He was clearly upset. “Compare to the time you woke up with the other members, you are fifteen minutes late. Explain yourself.”

I bowed so many times that I couldn’t count them and all I could say was  “I’m sorry” , but I knew it was still not good enough.

I blamed myself for not getting up early, for not setting up my alarm clock, for everything.

Sunggyu-hyung watched as I bowed and crossed his arms, “You really are one tardy kid. While all the hyungs are out early, you are still sleeping your eyes off.”

“Imma, did you even set your alarm?” Woohyun-hyung continued, “LAZY.”

Myungsu-hyung looked at me and turned away. Was he upset too?

Eomma, the tears.. I could feel it bundling up in my eyes again. But, I already promised Myungsu-hyung to hold it back.. I shouldn’t cry, right?

Manager-hyung took a deep breath and instructed us to jog our way to our dance practice, which was pretty far from where we were.

When everyone including manager-hyung was ahead of me, I decided to stop and try catching my breaths.
Little did I know, I was also sobbing my tears out as well.
Not only my chest hurt, my heart hurt too. I tilted my head down as I clutched my shirt on where my heart was.. Was it always aching like this when I run? Ahne..
There was something else too.

“Gwaenchana..?” a voice assured.

I could see his shoes and I slowly looked up.

My eyes were cloudy, that for a second there, I didn’t have any idea who it was. But when he asked me if I was alright for the second time, I knew whom that voice belongs to.
Myungsu-hyung.

I wiped my tears like a crying child and nodded, “Ne, gwaenchasumida.”

Shoot, he just saw me crying. Not good!

He chuckled, “You know something? You always find a way to worry me.  Worry me, a lot.”

I found that a burdensome that I automatically bowed, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.” He interrupted as he stopped me, clenching his hands on my shoulders, “Sungjong-ah. Do you want to jog with me to where we’re heading?”

Jog with him? Only the two of us? ..

But, before I even gave him my answer, he grabbed my hand and held it tightly, “Let’s go.” Slowly pulling me in for the jog.

I was as if a lifeless human, following him.

“We’re good friends, aren’t we, hyung?” I asked.

He laughed at that question, probably thinking it was a silly question.
“Ahne, we’re more than that.”

 

A/N hello there! :)
I decided to post up earlier than I planned to. (scared that I couldn't post it up somewhere in time)
All comments and subscribers, I sarang you. get it ?;) hhaha I LOVE YOU. *hugs each of you~
You make my day <333