Haunted dorm.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"Mwo? Hyung, you better not lie." I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or making it all up.
It was really a.. stupid reason.

Woohyun-hyung scoffed, "Why would I lie? And why aren't you going? I told you the reason, right? But, why can I still see you infront of me?"

I crossed my arms, as to suspect something fishy, "Hyung, I don't believe you. You're lying, I know it. So, you better just tell me the truth, arasseo?"

"That is the damn truth!" Woohyun-hyung shouted irately, leaving me after that, not even waiting for me to blurt out what was on my mind.

"Hyung-" I called again. I wanted him to listen!

Woohyun-hyung paused his steps and whirled to me, "Hyung, hyung, hyung!" he yelled, "Stop calling me that! It's so freaking annoying, you know that?"

"Woohyun-ah," I started, this time calling him in a different way. Well, in an informal way.

As expected, he quickly approached me with his right hand in the air as if to hit me, "YAA! Who do you think you are, calling me that way? I'm older than you!"

I covered myself, to protect from getting a whack from the loud-hyung, "Arasseo. Forget it. I'll leave." I said, trembling.

Woohyun-hyung smirked, "Geurae. You should. My eyesight is degrading just seeing you too much. Leave."

I bit my lower lips and slowly bowed my head, "Ne." and I turned away from him, but before I did really leave, I needed to tell him something. I should tell him that I was the one who drew his face, not Sunggyu-hyung.
Wait- what am I thinking? ..
Why would I even do that? I might get killed in public by him!

Nevermind then. See you later, hyung. It was a waste of time chasing you when I didn't even earn anything in the end.
Chhh. 
He hid your IPod? Hyung, you must be crazy.

 

When I reached the dancing studio, my hands were shaking just holding the doorknob.
Fear was hovering around me.
Fear of getting scolded. Fear of getting punished.

"No, Sungjong." I murmured to myself, "It's not your fault. Woohyun-hyung was the one who left, not you."
And with that positive thought, I carefully opened the door as the loud music boomed its way out.

The mirror reflected my presence and that was enough for everyone to suddenly stop their dance.
Sunggyu-hyung turned the music off and whirled to me in a very furious expression,
"What are you doing here? Aren't you skipping practice?" he asked, with full of sarcasm.

BLEH. Who said I was skipping practice? 
But, when I stared at him, I suddenly remembered what Woohyun-hyung told me.
The part where he said that Sunggyu-hyung hid his IPod. It didn't seem convincing enough because I never knew that a person like Sunggyu-hyung would do such an immature act.

Howon-hyung was then asking, "Woohyun-hyung? Where is he-"

"He's not going to be here." I replied, a little unsure though.

Myungsu-hyung, who looked tired from the dancing, walked to me and moved closer for a whisper, "Don't go after him again."

I gave him a quzzical look and chuckled, "Wae? It's nothing wrong, I was just-"

"Going after someone who had bullied you? Sungjong-ah, don't." he said, and he wasn't smiling at all, instead, he wiped his sweats and sat down on the floor.
Hyung, why are you saying that? I was just worried..

Sungyeol-hyung clapped his hands, "Waah~ Sungjong has finally come back. I wonder if you would ever get lost." he then smiled in an evil way, "Because that would be great too."

I clenched my fist and forced a smile at Sungyeol-hyung, "Geurae. Maybe I should even die, right?"

Sungyeol-hyung's smile faded and only a small, 'Mwo?' came out from him.

"Don't die, Sungjong." Howon-hyung chimed in and when I turned to him, he gave me one of his adorable-sly smile, "I like you around."

I could feel that my cheeks were getting warmer that I just had to laugh at that silly statement of him.
"I like you around too, Howon-hyung." I answered sheepishly.

Sunggyu-hyung scoffed, "Yaa, what is this?A time for confessions? You guys like each other, is it?"
If only I could slap you, dear Sunggyu-hyung who looks like a hamster. But, somehow, I am restraining myself to do so.

Dongwoo-hyung, who was quiet from the moment I stepped in, was now looking back and forth at me and Howon-hyung, "Mwo-ya?" as he laughed, "That's definitely not true. Right, Howon?"

Howon-hyung glanced at the somehow worried Dongwoo-hyung and shook his head, "Of course not."

That's right. Howon-hyung likes Dongwoo-hyung. 
Aish, Sunggyu-hyung is really clueless.
Who can blame him anyway? He doesn't know anything of Howon-hyung cute-little crush towards Dongwoo-hyung.

"I don't like him that way," I tried clearing the misunderstandings, "He's a good friend."

But, before any of them could say anything, manager-hyung had opened the door and entered, surprising us.
What shocked all of us was that, manager-hyung was together with Woohyun-hyung.
"I found him." he said solemnly as he pushed Woohyun-hyung inside.

Woohyun-hyung looked away in disappointment and said, "I'm back."

The studio fell into silence. Noone expected him to be back, along with manager-hyung. 
Didn't he have some sort of an argument with manager-hyung? Did they already work it out?
Did Woohyun-hyung apologize to manager-hyung?

Woohyun-hyung crossed his arms and walked to us, his expression still the same, upset.

Aigoo. Hyung, can you smile? You'll get old and get wrinkles if you don't smile and-

Suddenly, Woohyun-hyung turned to me and gave me a death-glare.
Omo, is he a mindreader or something? How can he hear my thoughts?

"You boys will be dismiss at 6, the usual time and you'll be spending New Year together back at the dorm." Manager-hyung reminded us. 

"Can't we go anywhere?" Myungsu-hyung asked out of curiosity, making all eyes stared at him.

"No, now, start practising. I'll be back with food." and after that, he left.

What kind of manager is he? Trapping us in this four-walls half of the day?
Nothing but mirrors and annoying hyungs.
Chh. For all I know, he should really find out what's really going on.

 

Practice stopped at exactly at six in the evening.
My heart started beating faster everytime I remembered that it was going to be New Year soon.
Another New Year, another new start.

Manager-hyung told us that he had switched on the dorm's light and that we should all go back as soon as practice ended, to prepare the drinks and food for the celebration.
All of us followed his order and started waking back to the dorm. Everyone was so exhausted that they wanted to just sleep early  and forget about New Year.
Oh no, not me. I'm not tired!

The street we usually past by was now filled with colourful lights, hanging around the branches of the tree, and some restaurants were putting up signs and posters that they would be having a New Year countdown and stuff, and goods were cut to half-price. The street sounded busy and the people seemed excited. The cafes were full of laughters and bright smiles.
Looking at us trainees, we weren't even close to each other that we couldn't even  share our jokes together.

As we walked back to our dorm, I saw this middle-aged woman, whom looked like my eomma.
I sighed and smiled sadly.
Eomma. I miss you.

Myungsu-hyung, who was behind me, suddenly held both of my shoulders and sang happily, "New Year! New Year! New Year!~"

I giggled and just sang along, like that song of his was famous or something, "New Year! New Year!~"
It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one who was excited and looking-forward to the brand new year, what was more, it was from someone who usually doesn't show his emotions that much.

 

When we had reached our dorm to have the rest we were craving for, something shocked us.
Our dorm was in total darkness. Not a single light at the place.
Usually manager-hyung would already switch the lights on, but he was also surprised to see our dorm-house in darkness.
"Hyungnim," Sunggyu-hyung started, "Where are the lights?"

"I already switched the lights on. What happened?" Manager-hyung was really dumbfounded when he saw the place was completely pitch-black.

"Hyungnim," Howon-hyung poked manager-hyung, "We can't spend New Year in a blackout place."

Sungyeol-hyung squinted his eyes to our dark-dorm and commented, "If you take a good look at our dorm, it looks like a haunted house for some reason." and out of nowhere, he was making this high-pitched scream that startled everyone.

My heart jumped and I immediately covered my ears, while shutting my eyes. 
Stupid Sungyeol-hyung. Where did he get that high-pitched scream anyway? Chh.

Woohyun-hyung let out a half-laugh and turned to manager-hyung, "Did you pay the electric bill?"

When manager-hyung heard the word, 'electric bill', he suddenly grimaced.
"Ah, about that."

"Hyungnim!" Dongwoo-hyung shouted, "You didn't pay?"

"Yaa," manager-hyung faced all of us, "You boys have just been living there for six days. Who could ever thought that they would cut the electricity?"

Sunggyu-hyung sighed exasperatedly and placed a hand on his forehead, "Where in the world are we going now?"

I think manager-hyung was feeling guilty that we wouldn't be spending in the cozy-warm dorm-house, that he suddenly had this crazy idea.
"Then, we'll just spend it outside."

Everyone got quiet for a minute, giving manager-hyung's suggestion a thought.
For me, that was not the best idea ever. That was much more worse.
Hyungnim, please, I'm begging you! Take back that idea. The evil hyungs will boss me around!
I'll find a way to revive back the lights, just please-

"Geurae," Howon-hyung said, as if to represent all of us, "We should spend it outside then."
Only to receive an objection from Sungyeol-hyung.
"Andwae. I'm not going. We just got back from the hectic practice, and now we smell like sea-salt. I'm not going."
Myungsu-hyung must be delighted that we were going somewhere rather than spending it in an old-house, since he had been wanting to go somewhere in celebrating it.
"Sungjong-ah, we won't be spending it in the dorm." he whispered happily, like an adorable child would.
I gave him the most brightest smile I had and elbowed him lightly, also feeling happy for him.

 

NOONE'S POV

Sungyeol had decided that he wasn't coming because he smelled like sweat and he didn't like it.
He didn't want anyone to think that he was disgusting or something equivalent to that, because that would totally humiliate him.
However, when he looked at the smiling Sungjong, his heart soften. The stubborness in him slwoly faded.
But then, he realized that Sungjong was smiling to Myungsu and not him.
...
"I'm coming." he decided.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

"I'm coming." Sungyeol-hyung said, when everyone else was talking to manager-hyung.
I wonder what made him change his mind.

Manager-hyung clapped his hands and grinned, "If that's an approval from all of you, then we should be going then."

"Wait." Sunggyyu-hyung interrupted, "I need my wallet."

"Me too." Sungyeol-hyung slightly raised his had, to show that he was also in need of his wallet.

"Then, go get it." Manager-hyung demanded.

"Yaa," Sunggyu-hyung slapped me on my shoulder, "Go get it, for me. Hurry up."

"Mwo?" I was speechless. The last thing I wanted to do was to avoid getting into that dark place.
Just looking at it made me had goosebumps.
Who knows what's in that dorm?
Probably that long-hair girl from.. what's that movie?
The grudge? The ring? Ah, molla. For all I know, I'm not getting in!

"Yaa,maknae-ah. Hurry up." Sunggyu-hyung was pushing me to the dorm and when I didn't move, he stepped on my foot, "GET IT NOW."

Ouch! Aish- ne, arasseo, you win.
I stomped my feet and started whining, "Why me? Of all the people here, why me? Aish!"

"I hope you meet someone on the way there." Woohyun-hyung teased as he snickered.
Shut up, hyung.

I turned to Myungsu-hyung who was closing his eyes tightly, as to not watch me get into the dorm.
I turned to Howon-hyung, and he was shaking his head as if to say, it was a bad idea.

I know that, hyung. But, why aren't you helping me?
I slowly climbed the baby stairs of the dark-dorm and carefully searched for the door despite the darkness.
When I had took a hold of the doorknob and opened the door, it made a little creaking sound.
IT NEVER DOES THAT SO WHY NOW?  .. WHAT A TEASING DOOR. You hate me too, don't you?

I set my foot in and tried to concentrate about getting Sunggyu-hyung's wallet. Thank goodness it was only his wallet and not Sungyeol-hyung's wallet. If so, then I would be having as twice of horror than I was confronting now.

I got into his room and frantically searched the cabinets, my hands wandering and moving in every direction. 
His bed, his bag, and everything that I got a hold of.

Got it. Though I wasn't sure it was a wallet, but it felt like there was some cash in it.

I kept patting the wall to know where I was going and when I got out of his room, I bumped to something.. or someone, that I fell to the ground.
Omo, who was that , that I bumped to? .. Noone was here except for me.
Was that the girl-with the long hair? ..
Hana, dul, set..

"KYAAAAAAAH!!" I screamed my lungs out. I felt so scared that I immediately stood up, not even looking back and headed for the door.
When I got out, I ran to everyone, tears were in my eyes.

"Yaa, waegure?" Sunggyu-hyung asked as he solemnly took his wallet from my hand, not even saying 'Thank You'.

I couldn't say anything. Something was in there for sure, but who would believe me?

"Sungjong-ah," Myungsu-hyung grabbed me by my arms and gave me a very concerned look, "Are you alright? What happened?"

"You scream like a girl." Sungyeol-hyung remarked, "For a second there, I thought that there was a girl in our dorm."

Myungsu-hyung realized that I was still in a shocked state of mind, that he suddenly wrapped me in his arms, somehow hiding me from any scary things that I was imagining. "Gwaenchana. You're safe." he whispered softly as he embraced me tighter.

Manager-hyung laughed at me, "Aigoo, Sungjong-ah. There's nothing in there." he promised. "Kids, let's go!"

Dongwoo-hyung jumped excitedly and shouted, "Ne!" loudly as he grabbed Howon-hyung with him.

Myungsu-hyung released me and I titled my head to him. No words came out.
His face was just so.. close to mine. 
Is it possible for him to hug me again? The warmth from his body and his mellow voice..
I don't understand it. But, my heart beats faster everytime he's close or just when I see him zoning out.
I do like him, right?

"Move." Sungyeol-hyung shoved Myungsu-hyung aside, "You're blocking the way." he said firmly.

Myungsu-hyung ignored him and turned to me with an assuring smile, "Sungjong-ah, let's go."

 

With only our jackets and scarves, we wandered into the streets.
Woohyun-hyung didn't talk to Sunggyu-hyung at all.
It made me thinking if the reason for all their bickering was true or there's another real reason to it?

I moved to Woohyun-hyung and tried talking to him,
"Hyung, are you having fun?" I asked bubbly.
He looked at me in disgust and mumbled, "Why is he talking to me?"
"Are you happy?" I asked again, hoping to get a different reaction.
"Look," he said, finally turning to me, "Just because you saw me in tears today and just because I told you that reason, that doesn't mean I like you." After that, he paced faster , wanting to neglect me as much as he could.

As we were walking, there was this game-machine that was placed outside.
"Hyungnim!" Dongwoo-hyung shouted happily, as he stopped infront of the game-machine. "It's that game where you hit the animal if they come out!"

I chuckled at Dongwoo-hyung's silliness. It's called, 'Whack-a-mole', hyung.
Aigoo..

Manager-hyung take a look and smiled, "Try it then."

Dongwoo-hyung changed his mind and said that it was actually Myungsu-hyung's favourite game and that he should be playing it. "Yaa, Myungsu-ah. Come here!" Dongwoo-hyung called and when Myungsu-hyung saw the game Dongwoo-hyung was mentioning about, he immediately smiled.
"Hey, I like this one." he stated as he pointed to the machine.
"Try it!" Dongwoo-hyung insisted.
I decided to watch Myungsu-hyung played. It was more fun that way, the feeling of anticipation was there!
The game started and Myungsu-hyung was hitting all of the worn-out squeaky animal really well and when there was no more to hit, the machine made a tingly-tingly sound as if to announce that Myungsu-hyung had hit all of them.
The game-machine lit up in bright lights and there was a little kid's voice singing, 'Congratulations~'.

"Hyung!" I said, when I heard the little kid's voice, "You won! Hyung, you won!"
Dongwoo-hyung was congratulating him as well, but then he walked away with Howon-hyung.

Myungsu-hyung turned to me and was laughing, "I won!" 
He threw the squeaky-soft hammer away and suddenly gave me a tight hug.
I froze. He hugged me again.
"I won, Sungjong!" he shouted giddily as if he had never won that game in his life before.
I was very reluctant in hugging him back, because I could feel the awkward building up.
But, when I almost did hug Myungsu-hyung back, he had already released me.
He acted like a kid for a glimpse there and to see that side of him,
made me officially fell for him.

NOONE'S POV

Sungyeol was busy talking to Woohyun when he suddenly noticed that Myungsu was hugging Sungjong.
"Yaa, are you listening?" Woohyun asked,a little irritated that he was ignored.

Sungyeol clenched his fist and let out a sigh. More of a disappointed sigh.

 

A/N Hello :3 it's me, LovelyWinter <3 I've actually changed the previous preview since it would be put in chapter 13. hihihi :3 I'm sorry to all to those who anticipated that Myungjong moment T.T I was just thinking that it wasn't the right time yet D:
Anyway, here's chapter 12. I hope it's a fun chapter. :3 If not, do tell me. Oh, and I'm not putting a preview for next chapter since something big is happenign in chapter 13 <3 hihihi. MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS.

To new subscribers, thank you so much. *hugs you to death. To all readers, and silent readers ;) I love you. To all the comments you've given me, I appreciate all of it :') *tears of joys. I LOVE YOU. (REALLY)
Do subscribe, or comment .