Woohyun-hyung and his courage.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Should I say yes or-

"It's alright if you don't want to." Myungsu-hyung added as he smiled, "I can't promise you that we'll go anywhere anyway, since manager-hyung said that we'll be spending it with the other members as well."

I faked a laugh and nodded, "Geurae. Even if I say yes, we can't even go anywhere."

Myungsu-hyung paused from what he was doing and tilted his head to me, "Were you about to say yes?"

I was surprised of his question that I quickly shook my head, "Ahne, I didn't."

"Then, were you about to say no?" Myungsu-hyung asked again, this time, a different one.

I looked away nervously and stood up , "I didn't say anything, so.." as I headed to the door, "I'm going now. Goodnight." with a small wave, I exited the room to release the pressure that was building in my chest.

Aigoo. So many confusing questions! Can't he atleast be quiet so that I could think properly?

I stomped my feet and darted back into my room.
In there, Sungyeol-hyung was eating some snacks on the floor and Howon-hyung was talking to Dongwoo-hyung.
When Sungyeol-hyung noticed that I walked into the room, he frantically hid all the snacks he was eating and shoved it all under the bed.
"YAA!" he shouted, "Knock before coming in, will you?"

I rolled my eyes and replied, "It's my room too."

Hearing the pre-argument, Dongwoo-hyung got up, smiling, "Sungjong-ah, you're here!"
I nodded solemnly, "Ne, I'm tired."
He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Then, I should leave too then. I bet all of you are exhausted."
With another bright smile, he waved at Howon-hyung and then to all of us while saying his goodnights.

When he had already left, Sungyeol-hyung climbed to his bunk bed and pulled the blanket up to his head, as if to say, 'Don't talk to me.'

I diverted my attention to Howon-hyung and was quite curious of what he and Dongwoo-hyung were talking about.
Maybe they were talking about the New Year's Eve we were going to celebrate together.

I always feel excited when it comes to New Year's Eve, thinking that I have washed all my past away.
I would always be wide awake in my room, just counting the seconds left till the clock would strike at midnight, however, this year? I won't be doing so, because the kingkas of this dorm, wait- should I even put them in that name? Oh well, the kingkas of this dorm would make me do things such as clean their room, buy snacks for them and many other useless things.

"Sungjong-ah." Howon-hyung called, bringing me back to reality. "Aren't you sleeping? Tomorrow's a busy day."

I flashed a smile and quickly climbed my bunk bed, placing my teddy nicely next to me.
I stared at its fluffiness and without thinking, I slapped the face of my new companion numerous times and finally settling down when I felt satisfied, "That's for making me take the glass. The second one was for telling me 'I'm dead.' "

"What are you doing?" a sudden intrusion from the bed neighbour, Sungyeol-hyung. He had been watching me vent my anger on the poor thing that he just had to ask. He smirked in a sly way, "Are you indirectly slapping me?"

I could hear Howon-hyung's chuckle but I decided to ignore both of them. I embraced the teddy and laid back on my pillow, tightly shutting my eyes, hoping to sleep as fast as I could.
"Sungyeol-hyung, you're my next target." I murmured, and when I tried as hard to sleep adn visit my dreamland, I had  great idea.

Ah. Wait- since tomorrow's New Year's Eve, I might as well try something daring and bold to say my goodbye to 2009.
But, what should I do? ..

 

  The next day, the moment I opened my eyes, I literally jumped out of my bed, throwing my teddy away and climbed down the bed like a squirrel.
I woke up as early as I could, waking up Howon-hyung too. He was a little surprised of my ecstatic behaviour, but he gladly played along. 
"Someone's excited." he said, rubbing his eyes. From the way he looked, it was obvious that he was still sleepy.
"I've done something I'm not suppose to." I told him, my voice quivered with a small amout of fear.
Howon-hyung's eyes grew wider, "Mwo? What did you do?"

NOONE'S POV

Sunggyu woke up to his beeping alarm clock and sat up straight. He glanced at his heavy-sleeper roommate , Woohyun, whose face was covered by his blue blanket and kicked his body, like he would always do.
Sunggyu nonchalantly ruffled his messed-up hair and stood up drowsily, trying to balance his feet on the floor.
He stretched his arms and walked out to hit the shower before any of the member did, however, as he was taking his towel near the mirror, he froze.
His face was full of black doodles, all over his face. He couldn't even utter anything but pure silence and shock and his thoughts were mainly, 'Who had the guts to do this to him?'

Sungyeol woke up when he heard the sudden car honking outside. 
"Damn it," he cursed as he grabbed his extra pillow, hiding his ears from the disturbing noise.
Their dorm was located in a place where cars kept passing by and where the neighbours were awfully loud.
Sungyeol wished that they would move to a better location where there was peace and quiet, away from here.
His sleep was also interrupted when he sniffed something odd.
Odd as if someone had put a marker pen infront of him and let the horrible smell of it fly to him. Sungyeol slowly opened his eyes and found that there was noone infront of him, however, the smell didn't wear off.
Unless..
He quickly grabbed the nearest mirror on his bed and stared into it. He gasped when the reflection showed something shocking. "What the HELL." he screamed as he checked his face in the mirror again, "WHO'S THE DEVIL BEHIND THIS?"
Yes, fellow readers, he was a victim of face painting too. Scratch that. A victim of random face doodling.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Howon-hyung was laughing his off when I told him what I had done.
We were in the middle of our jog and when I felt safer and that we were already far from our dorm, I decided to tell him what had happened.
"You drew on their faces?" he asked again, now trying to surpress his laughter, "Sungjong-ah, why did you do that? It's funny and all, but, you're getting yourself killed."
I sighed exasperatedly, "I want to make them feel teased. They've been doing that to me and I hated it. For once, I want them to feel what I have felt."
Howon-hyung gave out a small laugh and pulled me for a one-arm hug.
"Aigoo, this kid!" he joked.

NOONE'S POV

Sunggyu stormed out from his shared room and darted to the bathroom, locking the door as fast as he could.
The door slammed, making the somehow heavy-sleeper, Woohyun flinched and woke up.
He grunted and slowly sat upstraight. He was still in his dreamland but he managed to get up and the first thing he would usually do was.. check the mirror. Every now and then, it was his morning routine to check his face in the mirror and feel good about himself, but not today.
Today, he didn't smile, today, he moved closer to the mirror and stared at his face because something was wrong.
He never had animations on his face. He never had any word on his forehead saying, 'JERK.' what is this-
He chuckled to himself when he understood what had happened to him, "HAH. Very funny. You're really looking for a fight, aren't you?"
He walked out from his room and tried opening the bathroom's door but it was already occupied. The running water inside was audible but he kept trying to open it vigorously, not until he was scolded, "Stop it! It's taken!" Sunggyu yelled the top of his lungs.
Woohyun kicked the door and walked away, upset was evident. 
He then walked into the kitchen and tired washing the doodles off his face at the kitchen's sink. "This isn't happening to me. This isn't happening to me.." he repeated as he washed his face like there was no tomorrow.

Sungyeol was the last one to step out of his room. When he realized that both of the only water source in the dorm was occupied and taken, he had no choice but to use outside's water tap.
He grimaced at the thought of it but he had no other choice. He needed to remove the stupid mess off his face.
When he grabbed his jacket and stepped out, people were already passing by and cars were driving by. 
Bad timing.
He hid his face with one of his hand, preventing people to look at him, unfortunately, a little girl who looked like she was 6 years old, pointed to Sungyeol's face, "Ah, eomma," as she pulled her eomma's shirt, 
"Eomma, look at him. He's an alien! He's so tall too! A tall alien, eomma!"
The little girl's hand was slapped by her eomma and got scolded,
"Don't say things like that!" and after that, apologizing to the humiliated Sungyeol.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

Howon-hyung and I reached the dancing studio and switched on the lights, sitting to catch our breaths.
"Are you not scared, Sungjong?" Howon-hyung asked for the fifth time that morning. Who could blame him? I might get murder before 2010 arrive.

I faked a smirk and shook my head, "Ahne."

Howon-hyung stared at me for minute, as if to know that I was lying.
In the end, I started screaming and ruffling my hair, "Ah~ Hyung, eotteokhae? What am I going to do? I'm so dead! I don't want to die!" I grabbed his arm and forced him to give me any advice.

"Don't worry, maknae-ah. They won't hurt you, even if they did, we can always turn them to the police." he said. Though it sounded funny, he did make a point.
I can sue them!

The other hyungs arrived at the studio late. They even brought manager-hyung along with them, but he looked so pissed.
Dongwoo-hyung and Myungsu-hyung didn't get punish like the other three hyungs, who were told to do jumping jacks at least fifty times. 
Both of them approached us and explained to us why they were late.

"Blame Sunggyu-hyung." Dongwoo-hyung said, "He basically locked himself in the bathroom for.. I don't know how long! Making all of us late!"

Myungsu-hyung chimed in, "He said something had happened to him and once he got out, he kept shouting at Woohyun-hyung."

I bit my lower lips, stopping myself to say anything.
Behind all of this was me. 

"Even Sungyeol," Dongwoo-hyung added, "He didn't seem happy just now."

I needed to change the subject, "Myungsu-hyung, " I started, "How's your sole?"

"It's healed." he answered, together with an assuring smile.

All of us then silently watched the other hyungs being punished.
Dear readers, you don't know how happy I was when they got punished like that.
Omo, it's like.. Aigoo, all that sufferings were.. gone.

When they already reached the fifty jumps, Sungyeol-hyung quickly approached me.
"YOU." as he pointed his index finger to me, "You were the one who did that art on my face, didn't you?"

My heart jumped when he said that. How did he know that? Was it too obvious?
I forced a smile and tried to put on my best poker face, well, I learnt it from the best;  Myungsu-hyung,
"Museun iriya? What are you- Hyung, don't accuse people, alright? You don't even like it yourself when people points fingers at you."

Myungsu-hyung walked infront of me, somehow protecting me from Sungyeol-hyung,
"What are you talking about? What did he do to you?" he asked solemnly.

Sungyeol-hyung looked away and scoffed, "Ah~ ssinja. Yaa, Sungjong-ah," he said, peeking me who was behind Myungsu-hyung, "Don't you dare try to act innocent! I know it was you so don't give me that stupid aegyo of yours!" he took a grip of my wrist and pulled me away from Myungsu-hyung, "Do you know how hard it was to wash it off? What did you use, permanent marker?"

The moment Sungyeol-hyung stated permanent marker, I gained a quick turn from Myungsu-hyung.
Mianhae hyung, I kind of borrowed your marker. I couldn't find anything else.

"Let me go." I snarled, trying to remove Sungyeol-hyung's tight grip, "You're hurting me- I said I didn't do it!"

"Then, who did?" Sungyeol-hyung shot back, "Who did?"

Howon-hyung grabbed Sungyeol-hyung's shoulder, demanding him to stop, "If you don't want to be in more trouble, please stop it."

Sungyeol-hyung glared over Howon-hyung, "Mwo? Hyung, you're in this with him, aren't you?"

 

"I knew it was you!" a sudden shout caught our attention and it was from Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung.

Sunggyu-hyung squinted his eyes and asked, "Mwo? Yaa, watch your mouth, Nam Woohyun."

"Why would I when I knew it was you who ruined my morning face?" Woohyun-hyung queried as he crossed his arms, "Tell me, is this how you want it to be? Just because of that stupid thing had happened, this is how you want it to end?"

'Stupid thing had happened?' .. Oooh. That intrigued me in a way.
What stupid thing? .. So there is  reason behind all their silly bickerings!

"I WANT ALL OF YOU TO SHUT THE HELL UP." shouted manger-hyung when his patience was wearing thin. "Can't you hear yourselves? Every morning, you fight. I mean, what's your problem? You boys should get along by now. It's already the sixth day since you guys are together and I'm not seeing any progress! None."

Woohyun-hyung was bold enough to talk back at manager-hyung and that shocked everyone,
"That's because we have our differences." he emphasized, "We're strangers among ourselves, isn't it clear enough?"

"Get out from this studio." Manager-hyung's patience had finally ended, "GET OUT!" he yelled as loud as he could, echoing the studio.

For a second there, I thought he would apologize to manager-hyung, but instead he gladly stepped out from the studio.

And for no reason at all, I chased after him. 
Yes, I chased after this selfish and arrogant bully.
Maybe I felt a little guilty for him. First, I gave him a 'new look' and now, he was told by manager-hyung to scram.
Was this all my fault? If I didn't do that inane action, then maybe none of them would get scolded.
What am I thinking? I love seeing them like this!

 

NOONE'S POV

Silence.
Noone uttered anything when Woohyun walked out,  who was followed by Sungjong.

"What are you boys doing standing there like statues? Get practising." Manager-hyung then stormed out from the studio, in hopes to cool himself down.

Myungsu was getting worried about Sungjong. 
"What's he thinking running after someone who is not in the mood at all?" he mused.
He wanted to go after him too, but looking at the situation, it wasn't the best thing to do at that time.


SUNGJONG'S POV

I almost couldn't catch up with Woohyun-hyung who kept speeding up as we walked in the street.
"Hyung, wait for me!" I cried, already panting of tiredness.

He paused and whirled to me, making me stopped too.
Something took me by surprise. Was he in tears? My eyes wasn't deceiving me, I know it if someone had been crying!
"Don't." he said, his voice was shaking, "Don't follow me. I don't need anyone to comfort me, arasseo?"
With that, he continued with his walk, leaving me in a battle with myself.
Should I go away or chase him again?
In the end, I decided to chase him.

We ended up walking near the Han River.
Woohyun-hyung was now slowing down as he gazed at the beautiful sparkling river.
He could sense my presence getting close that he just had to look at me and once he did, he let out a sigh.
"Didn't I told you to not comfort me?"

"I'm not here for that." I replied.

"Then what? You're here to tell me that it's alright? Tell me that manager-hyung shouldn't have yelled at me like that?"

I cut him off, "If you didn't fight with Sunggyu-hyung, then you wouldn't have been scolded."
What am I saying? I'm the worst at this thing!

"I'm not in good terms with him, alright? So shut it if you don't know anything." he his lips nonchalantly before continuing, "I don't want to see your face right now."

"I won't go." I emphasized, "If you want me to go and leave you alone, you have to tell me what had happened between you and Sunggyu-hyung. Everyone is sick of both of your bickerings, especially me."

Woohyun-hyung scoffed and walked closer to me, "Now, why would I tell you?"

I swallowed and replied in a serious tone, "Because.. the person who's infront of me right now, isn't the same person in the dorm and in the dancing studio. This person infront of me is actually a kind-hearted hyung-"

"Geumanhae." Woohyun-hyung interrupted, he sounded so upset that from the way he stared me was ice-cold, "Yaa, maknae-ah, you've been watching too much drama, didn't you?"

"You have to tell me, hyung, or I'm not leaving." I reminded, ignoring his statement about me watching too much dramas.
That's a lie!

"Something happened during our first night staying in the dorm." Woohyun-hyung blurted out.

Omo, where was this going?
I was cracking a secret which was only known to Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung.
I feel so proud.

"He.." Woohyun-hyung started slowly, "He .. hid my IPod, until now he hasn't give it back."

"Mwo?" that completely shocked me, "He hid your IPod?" 
This was unbelievable.
Now I knew the reason to all Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung's bickering.
All those fighting and arguing were all because of that stupid thing?
This needs to stop.

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

When we had reached our dorm to have the rest we were craving for, something shocked us.
Our dorm was in total darkness. Not a single light at the place.
Usually manager-hyung would already switch the lights on, but he was also surprised to see our dorm-house in darkness.
"Hyungnim," Sunggyu-hyung started, "Where are the lights?"

Oh no. Are we not going to spend our New Year in the dorm?

 

 

A/N hello :3 it's LovelyWinter. here's an update for chapter 11. I hope it's long enough to make up for chapter 10 :'3
hihihi. I was feeling really good while typing this and I don't know why, I just feel like the drama is soon to be coming xD hihihi.
Sorry there wasn't many Myungjong moment.. that would be next chapter ;3  MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS.
To the subscribers and new subscribers, thank you <33 (seriously) :3 and to all the comments I've received, I thanked you with all my hearts. *sends out hearts to each and one of you. I love you <3 T.T (I'll reply the comments tomorrow. I'm so tired right now TT.TT I'm not mean )