Hyung's sketchbook.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

When I paid for the teddy at the cashier, I could see Howon-hyung outside the toy's shop, somehow searching for someone.
I quickly gave the lady my money and grabbed my teddy to call Howon-hyung.

"Hyung!" I shouted, in hopes he could hear me despite the crowded street.

Howon-hyung seemed to hear me that he turned around and just as soon as he saw me, he frowned. It was rare to see him like that. 
"Sungjong! What are you doing?"

He approached me and shouted angrily, "You have no idea how mad Sunggyu-hyung is and how upset I am."

"Mwo?"  

Omo, this was bad. Howon-hyung was very upset. Did Sunggyu-hyung send him to look for me?
From the look on his face, it was obvious that I would get scolded the moment I stepped into the studio by either Sunggyu-hyung or Woohyun-hyung.

Wait, I wasn't alone. Sungyeol-hyung should take the blame too for taking me away from the studio! It wasn't like I wanted to walk off just like that, he grabbed me and told me to walk with him. 
Yeah, that's right. He's in this too.

"But, hyung," I started, hugging the new teddy of mine tighter, "I'm not alone. Sungyeol-hyung is in the streets too."

Howon-hyung glanced at the people passing by, "Geurae? Well, you better just get back now."

I murmured an answer and slowly paced back to the dancing studio.
While walking, I was thinking of a way to hide my precious new friend. I didn't want any of them to find out, especially Sungyeol-hyung. He'd teased me!

 

It was no surprise that the moment I walked in, I could hear scoldings, yellings and shoutings.

"Where the hell were you?" barked Sunggyu-hyung as he moved towards me as fast as lightning. "You think it's your day off, maknae? You think being a trainee is a joke, don't you? If you're not committed enough, just quit. It's easy as that."

"Ahne, hyung. It's not like that-" I tried to explain myself but I was cut off.

"Are you.. talking back at me?" Sunggyu-hyung scoffed and clapped his hands sarcastically, "Wow, bravo. I'm amused."

I clenched my fist as tight as I could in order to surpress my extreme anger towards him because if it loosen, I would be hitting him again, just like last time and there was no way I was going to let that happen one more time.

I looked away, sighed and turned back to Sunggyu-hyung, "Hyung, Sungyeol-hyung walked off too!"

Sungyeol-hyung.
The hyung that suddenly arrived here before me and Howon-hyung did.
Yes, the one that grabbed me and took me away.
It was strange that when I reached here, he was already sitting down next to Dongwoo-hyung.
Making my plan to blame him washed down the drain.

Sungyeol-hyung gave me one of his death glare, before telling Sunggyu-hyung,
"Ahne, I didn't. I saw Sungjong making his escape. I advised him but he just wouldn't listen."

"You're a liar!" I blurted out angrily, "Why are you lying?"

Woohyun-hyung intruded us and said to me, "Just get ready maknae. Since we're spending New Year's Eve together, just like what the manager had said, I will make it hard for you. Arasseo? So that, you won't do this kind of mistake ever again."

I gulped when I heard that.
Darn it, why did he have to say it like that? Intimidating people, aren't you, hyung?
You know what? You're good at it and I hate you.
Aish!

When Sunggyu-hyung had enough in scolding me, he instructed us to get back practising and that he wanted it to be really snychronized and if it didn't, regardless who it was, he would punish them.

Myungsu-hyung suddenly pulled me in for a whisper before Sunggyu-hyung played the Mirotic song on,
"Sungjong-ah, I have a favour to ask you. Stay behind after practice."

And after that, I nodded, as to say that I would.

Practice on that day stinked. Sunggyu-hyung kept scolding and yeling at all of us, yes, not only me, but all of us.
Good for a change.
He kept repeating the word, 'debut', 'aim', 'synchronization' and lots more.
My ears got pretty tired just listening to his voice all day long.
How I wish to shut his mouth, but that would be disrecpectful of me, like 'they' would say and by that, I meant by Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung.

The most amazing feeling was the moment practice ended and when the clock struck at 6pm.
Less shoutings and less bullying.
I totally forgot about what Myungsu-hyung had told me that he had to pull me away when the others were exiting the studio.
I looked at him with a confuse expression.

He chuckled, "You forgot?"

"Ne?" was all I could say. I didn't seem to get it-

"You forgot." he repeated.
And that was when I remembered.
"Ah, mianhae, hyung!" I bowed my head.

When everyone had already left the studio, Myungsu-hyung landed both of his hand on my shoulders.
"Sungjong-ah," he smiled, "New Year's Eve is tomorrow. Do you want to spend it with me?"

YES. I mean,
"Waeyo, hyung?" I queried, "We're going to spend it together any way." as I mentioned all the other hyungs' name.

"We'll go somewhere. "

I laughed and shoved his hands away, "Stop joking." I then made my way to the door, without turning back to him. "Don't make me punch you, hyung!" I teased.

But before I could even step out from the studio, Myungsu-hyung grabbed my wrist, completely stopping me.
"Sungjong-ah, do you know what they'll do to you if you spend it with them?" he asked, in a concern way he usually was in.

Did he mean the hyungs? That made me stood still.
He was making a point. They would boss me around. It would make me a slave for a day.

I whirled to him and flashed him a smile, "I'll think about it."

Why can't I just give him a straight YES? ..

 

As me and Myungsu-hyung casually walked in the streets back to our dorm, he suddenly snickered and that caught my attention.

"What's so funny?" curiosity built up in me.

He pointed at the big-teddy bear I was hugging and said, "Where did you get that?"

I pouted, "You don't like it? While I was away from the studio, I stumbled on a toy's shop and I found this."

"Do you still sleep with it?"

I glared at him, "As a matter of fact, I do. You can call me a baby, for all I care."

Myungsu-hyung laughed and ruffled my hair, "Ahne, I think it's adorable."

With that statement of his, I could feel the blood rushing on my face and my ears were getting warmer.
Quickly, I buried my face onto the soft-bear, not giving a chance for him to see how embarrassed I was.

 

NOONE'S POV

The manager had arrived at the dorm and he told everyone to hit the shower before the dorm smelt like the gym.

Sungyeol walked out from the kitchen and said, "Hyungnim. There's only one bathroom. What do you expect?"

The manager cleared his throat and changed what he had told them.
"One of you hit the shower, now."

Howon grinned at the manager and walked into his room.

"Ah, Woohyun-ah." the manager called when he saw Woohyun coming out of his room, "Where's Myungsu and Sungjong?"

With a cold shrug as a respond, Woohyun then entered the kitchen to drink a glass of water.

Ah. This could be the right time. Since Myungsu is not here yet, I better just request something to Dongwoo. 

The manager slowly opened the door to the shared room of Myungsu and Dongwoo, surprising the boy who was inside.

"Hyungnim." Dongwoo was sitting down, looking through his cellphone.

 

"Dongwoo-ah." the manager started, when he knew that the room was empty and noone was around except for the two of them, "I want you to do something for me."

Dongwoo moved closer to the manager and asked, "Ne, what is it, hyung?"

The manager took something out from his sling bag and shoved it Dongwoo. 
"This camcorder. I want you to secretly videotape what the others are up to."

Dongwoo stared at the camcorder the manager was holding, "Mwo?"

"I've been watching you guys fight and argue, especially Sunggyu and Woohyun." he said, stating the obvious. "So, I want you to videotape them for me. Can you do that?"

Dongwoo gazed for a while and after that, nodding to the idea as he took the camcorder from the manager's hand.

He was then laughing, "So, I'm a spy? This is awesome. I've always want to be one! Thank you, hyungnim."

"Don't let any of the members find out or the  mission fail. You'll start tomorrow." whispered the manager. He didn't want any of them to hear any of this conversation.

It was top secret.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

We reached the dorm and walked in.
At the same time, manager-hyung was coming out of the door too.
He was surprised to see me and Myungsu-hyung.

"YAAA, where were you?" he asked.

"Sungjong left something." Myungsu-hyung answered.

Manager-hyung's eyes then diverted to the teddy bear I was hugging.
"Did you guys go to an amusement park or something? Aish.." he then left us to go to his car.

"Have a good night, hyungnim!" I shouted happily as I waved at him.

Both of us got inside and Sungyeol-hyung was the first one to see us.

"Yaa, Sungjong-ah," he walked towards me with a glass in his hand, "Where were you? We were about to call the police to report a missing person."

I ignored his teasings and darted into my room, where I saw Howon-hyung sitting on his bed.
He noticed me and told me to come closer.

I obeyed him, "Ne, hyung?"

"Are you mad at me?" his sudden question surprised me.

"No."

He chuckled, "I'm sorry that I snapped at you. I was just so.. I'm sorry."

I shook my head as I smiled, hoping him to cheer up as well, "It's fine. It's not like I'm new to people scream at me."

 

NOONE'S POV

When Sungjong got into his room, Sungyeol glared at Myungsu.
Myungsu avoided eye-contact and moved out of his sight.
"Sungyeol-hyung, don't be so mean towards Sungjong. He's pretty vulnerable at times." 
And with that advice, Myungsu got into his room.

"Who does he think he is saying that? I'm not being mean." Sungyeol scoffed and drank his glass of water.

 

SUNGJONG'S POV

It was already 8 and I bet that Woohyun-hyung's mood was good that he cooked us dinner.
He warned me something like I should be finishing what I have in my plate and be grateful.
Chh, him and his baby threats.

Sunggyu-hyung started eating but suddenly stopped.
He tilted his head to me, "Yaa Sungjong-ah. Get me a glass from the kitchen."

I ate the meat I picked up with my chopsticks and made way to the kitchen.
Wow, since when was I this obedient? Maybe I was just scared to get scolded.
Alright, where did they put the glass?
Assa, there it is!
It was inside one of the cabinet.

I took it out from the cabinet but something terrible happened.
Of all days, why now?

It slipped out of my hand.
The glass hit the ground, shattering into pieces, sending tiny crystal all over the floor.
I'm so dead. Officially dead.

Myungsu-hyung was the first one to check on me, but he flinched when he did.

"Hyung, be careful!" I warned, but it guessed it was too late.
Myungsu-hyung had a slight slit on his sole and was bleeding.
He accidentally stepped on a piece of the shattered glass and that made me really panicked!
I should've warned him earlier! Sungjong pabo!

I couldn't walk to him to make sure he was alright since the pieces of glass was around me, but I was not looking forward in stepping onto any of them. I never like shattered glasses, it gives goosebumps and this eerie feeling and I can't move at all.

Howon-hyung was the second to check on me, "Sungjong-ah, what happened?"
When he saw the mess on the floor, he told me not to move. "I'll get the vacuum. Don't move."

Dongwoo-hyung attended to Myungsu-hyung's injury.
Myungsu-hyung didn't look panic like people usually do when they had a cut, but he was calm and composed as if he didn't hurt himself. Poker-face, Myungsu-hyung.

When Sungyeol-hyung saw me standing still as if I was on a deserted island, he laughed, "Omo, stranded? Good." 
He then continued eating with Woohyun-hyung, who wasn't interested at the situation at all.
The heck? They still had the mood to eat?

Sunggyu-hyung glowered at me from where he was sitting and mouthed the words, 'You're dead.'

Oh god, he's going to kill me while I'm sleeping tonight.

 

Howon-hyung vacummed the glasses and told me to carefully walked out of the kitchen.
"Mianhae, hyung." as I bowed my head to Howon-hyung.

He gave me a sincere smile, "Gwaenchana. Just go and eat."

"Ahne. I'm full." Full because Myungsu-hyung wasn't eating anymore.

"Yaa, maknae-ah." Woohyun-hyung called, "Are you not finishing your meal? Didn't I say to finish it?"

BLABLABLA. I am not going to finish it. BLEEEH. I hate you.

"What was that?" Woohyun-hyung asked, as if he had read my mind.

I quickly sat down next to Sungyeol-hyung, but my heart was telling me to go and check on Myungsu-hyung if he was alright, it was my fault any way.

"Yaa," Sungyeol-hyung tapped the bowl infront of me with his chopsticks, "Finish it."

"Sireo." I mumbled angrily.

"Mwo?" without me expecting it, Sungyeol-hyung was feeding me. Well, with force. He scopped up some rice from my bowl and the food towards me,"Eat it. Eat it and if you don't, I'll pour that soup onto your bed, arasseo?"

I gave in. I didn't want to sleep in a dirty bed because that would be the most uncomfortable thing in the world!
Why was he always like this? Force someone else to eat because I don't like you, hyung, at all. Chh.

 

After dinner finished and the pieces of glasses were already cleared, I sneaked into Myungsu-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung's room.
"Hyung.." I said in a low voice when I peeked from the door as Dongwoo-hyung watched me from where he was sitting.
"Sungjong?"  Myungsu-hyung was searching through his bag but paused when he saw me, "What are you-"

I quickly kneeled down infront of him, "I'm very sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to- your cut- I-"

"Sungjong-ah, it's alright." he assured. "Do you want to do something fun?"

I moved back a little, "What?"

"Ta-dah!" as he took something out from his bag, "It's a sketch book."
We could hear Dongwoo-hyung's small laugh when he saw Myungsu-hyung acted an indirect aegyo.

"A sketchbook? What?" I didn't get it.

"I usually draw random things when I'm bored." he explained and taking out colourful markers out of his bag.

Dongwoo-hyung was suddenly standing up, saying that he wanted to talk to Howon-hyung about something, leaving us alone.

"Hyung, are you really alright? When I was little kid, I had a cut while I was picking up broken glasses. It really hurts, you know." as I reminisced back to the moment I had that tiny slit on my palm.

Myungsu-hyung paid attention to his markers and shook his head, "Ahne, I'm used to it."

Used to it?

Myungsu-hyung started to draw on his sketchbook, probably ignoring my presence.

"Sungjong-ah," he said, as he intensely doodled on his sketchbook, "If we have debuted, and if you were ask which member you are close with, who would you choose?"

I thought about it for a minute.
Howon-hyung and I have a close relationship, I even know his secret. We talk about personal things and he cares for me. He's very kind too.

"Hurry up." Myungsu-hyung murmured, still eyes on his sketchbook.

I smiled and answered, "Myungsu-hyung."

I could see the little smirk he made.
"Why me?" he asked, continuing his doodlings again.

I gazed at the ceiling and slightly pouted, "Because.." I like you.   "Because..I find you attractive."
Attractive? Someone slap me now. Aish, what's wrong with me?

But, when I said that, Myungsu-hyung only smiled and after that he showed me what he had been doing while we were talking.
"This drawing, what do you think?" 

It was a little kid on top of a mountain and some tiny ants were climbing the mountain.
"What does that suppose to mean, hyung?"

He chuckled and explained, "You don't get it? That's you on top of the mountain and the other three tiny people are your servants."

"How I wish they were Sunggyu-hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung." I blurted out.

"Oh, didn't I say that?" he said sarcastically as he put his sketchbook down and flipped to another new page.

Wait, back to the topic.
"Myungsu-hyung, what about you? Who would you pick?" I asked, now wanting his answer.

He didn't look at me but he replied, "My Sungjong."

"Don't call me that." I demanded. "Come on, I need to do something later. Give me your most truthful answer."
When Myungsu-hyung didn't give me any other names, I asked him why and it was that moment,
he paused from doodling and tilted his head to me,
"I.. feel safer with you around."
Both of us went silent but Myungsu-hyung broke the silence,
"So, do you still want to spend New Year's Eve with me?"

Should I say yes or-

 

PREVIEW FOR NEXT CHAPTER

SUNGJONG'S POV

I knew the reason to all Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung's bickering.
All those fighting and arguing were all because of that stupid thing?
This needs to stop.

 

A/N Helloo :3 it's me, Lovelywinter. I was very upset while writing this because ..ugh ;__; Sorry that it wasn't a long update and a boring one at that too *bows soory! T.T But, anyway, here's chapter 10. Wootwoot, double digit ;3 hihihi. Oh, I wanted to write more myungjong moments but I deleted so many scenes (actually) aaand I want to make a sad chapter 11 but I'll think about it again -.-'  MIND THE SPELLING AND GRAMMARS.
OMO. Thank you to all the subscribers (I love you T.T) and to the comments that I have received. *make a heart-shape with hands and fly it all to you. (woohyun style :3)  Do subscribe or comment! <33 I appreciate every single of them ;3