INTRODUCING THE HYUNGS.

Sungjong vs. His hyungs

Annyeong.

I'm Lee Sungjong. Sungjong, for short.

I'm the maknae in the boy-group called "Infinite".

Yes, the maknae. You might think something like, 

"Waaah~ he's the maknae! Must be fun!"

"Being the maknae? That's so cute!"

Well, you know what?

No. It's not 'fun', not 'cute'.

It's torture. 

The hyungs in Infinite are not the most understanding. What you see nowadays, on how they treat me, it's much better than the way they had treated me back in our trainee days. Yeah, that's right.

They were the reason that I bought a huge-size teddy bear and punched my anger out on the poor thing.

First off, before I tell you the story of how my trainee days with the other hyungs were, let me take this opportunity to describe a little bit about them.

Starting from the eldest, but not according to their age.

SungGyu-hyung.

He is a very strict hyung and he bosses me around.  People says he’s a caring person, but I’m not convinced yet. The way he pushes me around is something I hate about him.

Then, there's Woohyun-hyung.

During trainee days, I’m not close to him but I hate him. He and SungGyu-hyung doesn’t get along really well during that time. Woohyun-hyung seemed to always isolate himself from others.

Dongwoo-hyung.

I don’t know why, but Dongwoo-hyung is pretty gullible. He falls for every prank easily. I can say that he is like me. Teased and made fun of.

Howon-hyung. (Hoya)

He is a very calm hyung until now. When I needed advice from him, he’ll give them alright. However,  it’s always at the wrong time and always too late. Oh, and he may be quiet, but he’s pretty vengeful in the inside.

Sungyeol-hyung.

I hate him. I can say that he’s a hypocrite and a pretender. He will always find a way to make my day miserable.  He teases me a lot, and I don’t know why! As far as I could remember, I didn’t even do anything to him!

Myungsu-hyung.

Hyung is mysterious. I don’t really know what he’s thinking most of the time. He keeps telling me to ignore the other hyungs because he knew that I was having a hard time, I guess. I saw him cry once.

 

Did any one of the facts shock you?

Well, that's only half of it. 

 

Sungjong's POV

Today is the first day of meeting the other trainees. I wonder how they are. Kind? Playful? Serious? Calm?

I walked into the WoollimEnt's building , shaking. My head was filled with 'what if's at the moment. 

Then, my attention diverted to a group of boys sitting at the sofas in the lobby. 

Everyone seemed to mind their own business. One was listening to his headset, one was dozing off and some were just being quiet.

Could they be the other trainees?

Then, out of nowhere, someone patted my back. 

"SungJong-shii! You're here."

I whirled to see that it was just the hyung that was said to be our manager.

I smiled cutely and nodded, "Yeah!" and out of curiosity, I asked him, "Are they the other trainees?"

The manager flashed a smile and pushed me towards them. 

"Wha- No. Wait!" I struggled to escape from him. I wasn't ready to meet the others like this. I haven't even had the chance to fix my hair!

"Yaa, kids." the manager called them.

They were all now shifting their attention to him. 

"This is Lee SungJong." the manager gestured his hand towards me as he introduced me to them.

A slightly slender figure approached me and examined me from my hair until my shoes.

I slowly gulped.  What was he staring at?

"You do know that this isn't a co-ed group, right?" he teased.

The others were trying to supress their laughter at that insult.

I could feel my anger and the heat on my face. How could he say that infront of everyone? 

At least, think before he said it.

I just smiled politely, "Yes. I'm aware of that."

I mean, what else could I do? I shouldn't be rude. That would be a bad first impression.

The manager then hit the teaser, "Sungyeol-ah. Where are your manners? You just came here and you're already making an attitude."

Sungyeol then bowed his head slightly, "Mianhae."

I waved my hands and kept repeating 'gwaenchana'.

"I'm Sungyeol by the way. I'm 17 years old." he said.

"You're older than me! I'm Lee Sungjong. I'm 15 years old." I stated bubbly.

A/N I'm using their age when they were still trainees.

Soon, the other members introduced themselves. They were Sunggyu-hyung, Hoya-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung and Woohyun-hyung. I felt a little better now that I knew I wasn't the eldest in the group.

I heard that being the maknae was really good. You can just act out an aegyo and people would fall for it easily.

There was someone that had his age close to mine.

He said his name was Kim Myungsu. He was a 92-liner whilst i'm a 93-liner. So, there wasn't really much of a gap.

When I first saw him introducing himself, I couldn't stop but stare.

His face was flawless, the way his eyes could send chills to your bones with no apparent reason.

It was the first time I have seen such a beautiful creature infront of me.

........

 

Our first training day started. I was so nervous that I got lost on my way to the dancing studio.

And the worst thing was that, I was the last to arrive.

Of course, I was reprimanded by my manager and SungGyu-hyung.

"Eventhough you're the maknae here, try to grow up or try to act mature around here." SungGyu-hyung advised angrily.

That hurt me. A lot. I wasn't expecting to be scolded like that.

I was just like them. 

New and clueless.

But they treated me as if they had been together for years and I was some crasher or something.

"And what's up with those?" as Woohyun-hyung pointed down on where I was standing.

I titled down to the ground. 

Oh no.. I forgot my shoes! What was I suppose to do now?

"We don't use flip-flops, imma." Woohyun said.

I froze. What was this?

Was it pick on Sungjong day? ..

Eomma, I feel like crying. I hate this. I thought we'd be good friends but all I get was scolding.

"I was in a rush." I replied slowly.

"In a rush? What time did you wake up?" Woohyun asked again. Annoyed was evident in his voice.

"Geumanhae, hyung." Myungsu-hyung started. "Let's just let it go. It's our first day! We tend to do mistakes."

Dongwoo-hyung chimed in, "Yeah, that's true! But, I don't wear slippers though."

Hoya-hyung kept quiet as he watched the situation silently.

The manager couldn't help but shout at them.

"Shut up. All of you. You are all newbies here. Don't try to act like you own this studio or this group."

I felt so insignificant. Was I going to survive this?

No, I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to show any weakness.

Sungyeol sighed and shook his hair. "Aish, whatever. Hyung, what are we here for?"

The manager gave them a glare and answered, "Pack your bags. You'll be living together."

Did he mean live together with them in a dorm?

As soon as I heard him, I knew I would be going through hell.

 

 

Hello! I'm sorry if the first chapter isn't what you expected but I will try my best on the second chapter!

Do comment!~ I appreciate them ^^ and subscribe? *^^*