Episode 11: Hard at Work

We Got Married!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol is walking through a parking lot as he looks over the parked cars towards a group of people standing outside looking over filming equipments in boxes.

 

Caption: What is Chanyeol up to?

 

Mi Sun: Is it another surprise event?

Kyung Hwan: It’s always surprises with them.

 

“Hello,” Chanyeol bows and greets the men who in turn also greet him back with surprised expressions. “Are you guys still filming?”

“Yes,” one of the men replies, “actually we are preparing to film. Are you here to meet Yifan-shi?”

 

Eric Nam: I think that’s what everyone thinks. They are legit couple in the eyes of the public.

 

Chanyeol smiles brightly at the mention of his husband’s name and nods his head.

“He should be inside with the other actors getting ready to film. We should start in less than an hour.”

“Thank you.” Chanyeol bows again and asks them last few questions before he makes his way inside the warehouse.

 

Chanyeol: Today I decided to visit hyung at work. (He claps his hands) I would be leaving for work to Europe and won’t be able to meet up with hyung for a while so I wanted to do this and also to celebrate something.

 

Caption: Celebrate what?

 

Chanyeol: Hyung’s drama did really well! (He looks very pleased) Who knew that hyung would be amazing as a mental patient but I kind of had a feeling. He’s literally blowing up every search engine. I wanted to congratulate him for that and wish him luck with his current drama.  

 

Mi Sun: Omo, how nice of him.

Choa: Yifan-oppa’s drama was really good! I was addicted to it, it was pretty bad.

Eric Nam: He played the bad guy perfectly.   

 

The filming location is pretty secluded and it took Chanyeol around two hours from Yifan and his apartment. He had brought many things with him but wanted to meet Yifan before anything so left his baggage in the parking lot as he looks around the warehouse. The building is giant even for a warehouse and very empty. There are multiple sets already built and many are busy working at finishing up everything so filming can proceed.

Chanyeol stops by to ask for directions because he is completely lost. On the way to actor’s waiting room he runs into the director and they greet one another with much excitement. The director listens to Chanyeol’s plans and request and she agrees wholeheartedly.

 

Kyung Hwan: That director is really good, I like her work.

 

Chanyeol: I didn’t want to disturb the filming but all of the people I asked to help me out were completely willing.

 

Choa: Oppa, you can never be a disturbance.

 

He finally makes his way to a little area blocked off by wall dividers. Near the entrance a small sign hangs written “Waiting Room.”

Chanyeol slowly enters the room and sees the actors he had met during his wedding and other staff members seated around. His eyes quickly find Yifan who is reading over his script with Ah In.

Yifan has a straight face, with no emotions, as he looks straight into Ah In’s eyes as he says his lines. However, his eyes weaver when he sees a movement near the entrance and how the staff has begun to stir around the room.

 

Eric Nam: Hyung looks really cool like that.

 

He turns his head towards the commotion and sees a very familiar face happy greeting the staff members who are gathering around the man.

“Chanyeol!” Yifan is surprised to see him there.

 

Yifan: I was in the middle of practicing and my mind was so immersed in the script that when I saw him I did not believe it. I honestly thought I was seeing things. (He laughs) Complete surprise.

 

Chanyeol turns his attention back to Yifan as he sees the said man getting up and walking up to him. Ah In also stands up from his seat, equally shocked to see Chanyeol.

Before Chanyeol can greet his hyung or the other actor he sees in the background he has a firm chest and arms around him. It doesn’t take long for Chanyeol to move his own arms around the familiar body.

 

Kyung Hwan: That right! You should go with the mood.

Eric Nam: Timing is everything. That was smooth.

 

“Hi, hyung.” He turns his head slightly to see his hyung’s face. “Surprise!” His giant smile is on his face.

Yifan pulls away from their hug and gives Chanyeol a chance to finish greeting the rest of the staff and his co-actors who are now standing around them.

“Chanyeol, nice to see you again.” Geun Young says with a cheerful voice.

“Hi, noona,” Chanyeol replies, “you really have a blond hair.”

Geun Young beams at Chanyeol and nods her head. Yifan looks slightly taken back by it though.

 

Mi Sun: Oh? Are they close?

 

Caption: What happened with Geun Young-shi?

 

Chanyeol: During my wedding we began talking about hair, (he looks thoughtful) I don’t really remember why, but we did and she said that for her role her hair has to be blonde and that it was really strange. (He laughs) I don’t know why I remembered that but I just liked getting to know more about Yifan-hyung’s friends and co-workers.

 

Yifan: Were they close? I didn’t realise that they got so close during our wedding. (Yifan sighs) Chanyeol is really friendly with everyone. No one can hate him.

 

             “For some reason, you look more like Park Chanyeol from EXO today than you did during your wedding.” Ah In joins the conversation. Geun Young also agrees with him.

             “Really? Is that a good thing or not?” Chanyeol tilts his head to the side and in the background the staff cooes.

Yifan puts his arm around Chanyeol’s waist and pulls him closer.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well,” Chanyeol laughs, “congratulations hyung!” He enthusiastically claps his hands.

Yifan looks slightly confused but is always happy to receive anything from his husband.

“Your last drama! It did really well!”

A look of realization flashes over Yifan’s features. He smiles at Chanyeol.

“Thank you.” Without much delay his head leans towards Chanyeol’s head and he plants a kiss on Chanyeol’s temple.

 

Studio claps with approval.

Mi Sun: They get more close with each episode.

Choa: I look forward to this couple more and more.

 

Yifan: It just happened very naturally.

 

Chanyeol looks very satisfied as the people around the couple turn their eyes away to give them some privacy. Chanyeol breaks the moment when he reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone. He quickly replies to a text and takes Yifan’s hands into his own.

 

Chanyeol: It was time!

 

Caption: For what?

 

He drags his husband out of the waiting room and the rest of the staff and actors follow the couple. One of the giant garage doors are opened up in front of them and two food trucks pull up into the warehouse. On the sides of the trucks are banners hung proudly with Yifan’s face on them and words written, “Good Job on a Successful Drama!”, “Good Luck on This One!”, “Please take good care of our Yifan!”, and “Fighting!”

 

Kyung Hwan: Wah~ You only see this in dramas.

 

Yifan looks very surprised.

“Everyone!” Chanyeol shouts over the crowd of staff now beginning to gather around the trucks. “Thank you for your hard work, please enjoy and take care of my hyung!”

The staff all cheer and thank the couple, one replying to their sincere thanks and the other still gaping at the trucks and his husband.

 

Yifan: Surprise! (He laughs) He got me this time. I was very thankful for his thoughts and I felt really special to have someone do this for me. That kid can be really cool at most unexpected times.

 

Eric Nam: Chanyeol is actually really cool.

 

Chanyeol: He liked it! That’s all that mattered.

 

“Hyung, are you hungry.” Chanyeol brings Yifan back to reality and Yifan quickly nods his head. The two walk over to one of the trucks while holding hands and Chanyeol, instead of standing in line with the staff members, walks over to the passenger seat and picks up a box. “This one is ours.” He replies to the strange look he receives from Yifan.

The two walk over to a quieter place and sit down on the ground, Yifan placed a blanket before they sat down, and lean on the wall as they take out their own food.

 

Caption: Special food for Yifan?

 

Mi Sun: Homemade?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter