Balloons and light sticks

Comes with the job

It took a lot longer down at the police station than Joonmyun had imagined. First off he actually had to go into a room where the officer questioning him had to record the full interview as part of evidence in case it needed, then he had to go identify the man in question from a set of photographs (kind of setting Joonmyun back as the guy in question had used the darkness to cleverly conceal himself).

Though discouraged at first, Joonmyun was able to put two and two together and figured that the only man who had bruising around his nose- remembering from the earlier article that man who had filed the charges had a suspected broken nose- and was able to correctly identify. Then he had to sit in a separate room whilst Yifan was called back in to confirm that Joonmyun’s account was indeed true. He didn’t get to see Yifan during that time to find out if the charges against him had been dropped, in fact he was allowed to leave without anybody telling him what was about to happen next.

It meant an almost sleepless night catching up on the hours lost, but reading a new article two days later made sure that Joonmyun had a clear conscience in knowing he had done the right thing. Even if he didn’t particularly like Yifan.

CHARGES AGAINST WU YIFAN DROPPED

It was reported previously that Wu Yifan had been charged with assault after an altercation with a man who had supposedly done nothing to provoke him. Sources are telling us that the charges against him have since been dropped after an eye witness came forward causing the charge to fall into shambles. The witness has not been identified, though it goes without saying that Wu has a lot to thank them for!

“I guess I don’t get the satisfaction of seeing his reputation fall into shambles” Joonmyun says with a sigh, making sure to play his role of absolutely despising Yifan as well as possible a means of slight paranoia and making sure that this meant neither Luhan nor Baekhyun became suspicious and suspected it was him.

“Sadist” Baekhyun shoots back “I’m telling you now you’re a sadist Kim Joonmyun”

Joonmyun chooses to not react to the comment, making Baekhyun come to his own conclusion, though it does get a laugh out of Luhan. Whilst the story of the son of one of the richest men in the country being saved by an unidentified witness is the main talking point for many gossip columns, it does eventually die down much to the relief of Joonmyun.

 

 

Joonmyun and Luhan had been looking forward to the concert just as much- if not more in Joonmyun’s case- than Baekhyun. For the two of them it was some well-deserved time off and to let themselves go for a few hours. So determined were the three of them to get to the concert that they made sure their entire schedule for that night and the next morning (they never know) was completely cleared.

Being the eldest of the three, Luhan had offered to drop Baekhyun and Joonmyun there and back. Chanyeol living on the other side of the city, he would meet them outside the actual venue.

“You guys seriously have no idea how excited I am! I don’t think I slept at all last night I was so excited” Baekhyun says excitedly from the back seat

“It’s just a concert Baekhyun. It’ll be like every other concert you’ve probably been to in the past and possibly see in the future” Luhan replies but Baekhyun disagrees with his argument and shakes his head.

“It’s the first concert I’ve been to where we’ve been allowed backstage!” he exclaims “There will be other media outlets there and yet I’m the only one who will get exclusive rights to interview them afterwards, with exclusive access to their new album cover! This is sure to launch my career!”

Joonmyun laughs at his friend but can’t help share his excitement. He remembers hearing Jongdae sing in class and during lunch breaks when they were at school, but he’s never seen him perform live before and cannot wait to see how he looks up on the big stage.

Chanyeol is waiting for them outside the concert venue and already fans are lining up, the line going way beyond Joonmyun’s vision of sight. Chanyeol has his camera equipment with him and shares the same excitement as Baekhyun as they go straight inside and are led to their seats; not too far away but not too close, the perfect view. On their seats are silver balloons and light sticks and already fans and other press alike are taking their seats, excitement hanging in the atmosphere.

“This is going to be amazing! I can feel it!” Baekhyun says excitedly and they only have to wait a few more minutes before the concert officially begins. Hearing the screams and cheers of fans as the first performance begins, Joonmyun’s taken back; Jongdae and Yixing hadn’t even made their official debut in the country and already they were this popular, in fact they may be so popular the concert looks like it’s sold out!

“I love this already!” Baekhyun shouts to the others and begins cheering, waving his light stick like crazy. Joonmyun joins in as well but watches in total awe at how impressive Jongdae’s stage presence is. He sounds his best during the ballad performances but is just as impressive when dancing and singing at the same time. They sing a few songs they had released in China, and looked pretty touched when the fans had obviously done their research and looked up the chants online so they could sing along. Even Luhan was getting in on the chanting and he was the least excited out of the four of them in the beginning!

By the end of the concert Joonmyun’s throat is sore from cheering and chanting along so much. That doesn’t stop him from jumping out of his seat to cheer one final time as Jongdae and Yixing give their final thanks and the concert officially ends. Fans and press alike begin to leave, but Baekhyun begins to push the others out of their row and towards the entrance to the backstage, squealing and bursting with excitement.

 

 

When they enter the room Yixing and Jongdae are in, the two are locked in a tight embrace cheering and jumping about before moving to hug their parents and friends alike who turned up to watch them.

“You were amazing!” Joonmyun shouts excitedly and laughs with Jongdae when he’s brought in for a hug. Even champagne bottles are brought out to celebrate the success of their concert!

“You guys really think we were that good?” Yixing asks, Jongdae at his side and handing him a glass of champagne

“Good? You guys were brilliant! Amazing! I don’t think my throat has ever hurt from cheering so much before!” Baekhyun replies as the people in the dressing room clunk their glasses together and being their celebrations.

“Well, well Yixing, I never thought you would be that good”

Yixing gasps and runs over to the owner of the voice. Joonmyun recognises the unmistakeable voice straight away and chokes on his drink.

“You came?” Yixing asks, hugging Yifan who genuinely laughs and hugs him back

“I wasn’t going to miss out on this now was I?” he replies looking up to see Joonmyun and the smile on his face previously changes instantly “Oh, it’s you”

His comment makes Yixing frown, looking between Yifan and Joonmyun “Wait, do you two know each other?” but his question goes unanswered as Joonmyun scoffs and shakes his head.

“Are you really going to speak to me like that after I just saved your against those assault charges?”

Most of the people around them are doing their own thing. The stylists and fashion co-ordinators are in the midst of their own celebrations, their manager is online looking up the reactions of those who attended, however Luhan, Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol have now been pulled into the conversation themselves.

“Wait a minute, it was you who was the witness all those gossip columns spoke about?” Luhan asks

“It’s a complicated story but yes I was the witness” Joonmyun quickly replies

“If you must know” Yifan begins over him “I saved his when some idiot tried to make a move on him in a dark alley he didn’t consent to. I actually think some respect is deserved on my part for saving you”

“Whatever respect for you I may have always diminishes whenever you open that mouth of yours” Joonmyun snaps back, turning to Luhan “Remember when I had dinner over my parent’s house? We got into an argument and when I stormed out the house I went the wrong way. Carrying on from what Yifan said previously I went to the police station to say that what the idiot who placed the charges on Yifan had said previously was all a lie”

“But, but you hate him” Baekhyun points out and Yifan grips his chest and feigns a pained expression

“You hate me?”

If the desire to punch Yifan wasn’t there before, the desire was definitely within Joonmyun and rising with every other word that left Yifan’s lips.

“Hate’s such a horrible word. Strongly dislike better suits my feelings towards you” Joonmyun replies. He realises that he and Yifan are having this conversation right in front of the others who are not doing anything at all to conceal that they are listening to every exchange between the two of them.

“Excuse us”

Grabbing Yifan’s arm, Joonmyun drags him out of the room and to somewhere they can continue the conversation in private. Yifan’s much taller- and probably stronger- than Joonmyun, but he makes no move to resist and is quite content with letting Joonmyun drag him like this until he’s shoved into an empty bathroom.

“What the hell is your problem?” Joonmyun asks angrily “I came here tonight to be here for my friend and have a good time, not to spend it bickering with you!”

“I’d like to call it playful banter” Yifan replies “But hey, if you’re that offended then I’ll apologise. I still think though I deserve some respect for saving you”

“And I expect the same respect for getting those charges against you dropped, but we don’t always get what we want” Joonmyun points out

“Technically you still owe me” Kris says and being the son of a man who works with money for a living, who has grown up in a world of numbers and business, Joonmyun thought Yifan had a good brain on him… not knowing when to shut up assured Joonmyun that maybe he didn’t even have half of a brain.

“I don’t owe you anything! I think I paid off that debt going down to the police station, taking time out of work, to help prove your innocence! If anything it’s you who owes me” he says and jabs a finger into Yifan’s chest. Realising just how close they now were, his eyes widen and he steps back with a huff, turning himself away from the source of his anger and frustration.

“I know the perfect place to go to where we can both pay each other for what we owe. Shall we say Sunday evening at six? It’s the only time I’m available” Yifan asks

“Whatever. I don’t care. Now can I please go back to celebrating with my friends?” Joonmyun replies, walking over to the door.

“It’s a date!” Yifan calls over to him

“It’s not a date!” Joonmyun shoots back. Once outside, he leans against the wall and take a deep breath in. He actually feels like crying; why did it have to be him to get stuck with someone like Yifan? He wasn’t sure if this was karma for what he had done in his previous life, but Joonmyun was more than willing to do anything else to pay for it.


I'm gonna be honest; I love writing their interactions with each other. I just love that Joonmyun gets so riled up and thinks that they're arguing when Yifan just knows how far he can push him and maintains it's just playful banter. Whatever I had in mind for the two of them I just really want to forget and keep them like this... but then the story would go nowhere... damn...

Told you these side characters would have a role to play or another, even their own stories (if I can fit them in of course)

Next chapter we have the date that's not a date (depending on whichever side you're on). How will it go? You'll have to wait and see...

Until then!! (Comment and let me know what you think about this... I don't bite... honest....)