Home

Comes with the job

Yifan was supposed to leave over three hours ago. Nearly everybody else but night security had gone home, yet he was still there. He wasn’t planning on going home; he had packed an overnight bag just like he had done every other night so far and ordered takeaway earlier, so he could stay for the night if he wanted to. He was sure there were showers built into the building somewhere he could use the next morning and there was a spot comfortable enough on the floor he could set up a makeshift bed like he always did.

Hunched over his desk with files surround him, the glow of the laptop illuminating the room, Yifan fights to keep his eyes open. Yesterday he had only gotten a total of five hours sleep, if he worked quick enough, he could probably push for six hours sleep today. He could just leave it until the next morning, but then more work would just be there piling up for him. 

Sighing, Yifan leans back in his seat and stretches, groaning when both his elbows click before hunching back over his desk. Picking up his pen, he goes back to the documents but cannot be bothered to look over anymore text, to sign or decline anymore agreements, all he wants is to go back home so Qian can feed him and he can sleep in a comfortable bed for one night, but too many people rely on him, Siwon isn’t going to be back for a while and he’s finally close to breaking point! Running a hand through his hair, he focuses on the pen in his other hand, the one he had kept since Joonmyun left it there and hadn’t given back since.

I actually thought that maybe we had a chance, maybe we could work it out

Like you said; it’s over

Groaning, Yifan’s head falls into his hands. He’s made mistakes before in the past he’ll admit, but this the one time he’s well and truly screwed up. Couldn’t have happened at a worse time ever when Siwon got in the accident and he was suddenly left to care for the business until Siwon was back on his feet. The one person who maybe could have helped him through this, yet Yifan was too prideful and too afraid of what other people would have thought if he tried sorting it out with Joonmyun.

There were some nights he considered ditching work and just going over to Joonmyun’s to sort it out. Once or twice he came close to calling him but put his phone down when he chickened out. He put on a front to show people that he didn’t care he just let Joonmyun walk away from him like that, but it must have been obvious by how obsessively he watched the news to see Joonmyun’s reports, or how it was just his pen he always used. All these signs showing him that he should go and speak to Joonmyun, but he didn’t, he just retreated himself to his office instead.

Maybe in reality he’s just a coward.

“Come in” he calls out tiredly to the knock at the door, not even bothering to compose himself when the person walks into the room. “There better be a good reason you’re in here this late” he says and there’s a pause before a very familiar voice speaks

“I’ve come to take you home”

It’s quiet, but Yifan hears the voice and immediately freezes. He thinks for a moment that it’s just his mind playing tricks on him. As he looks up he’s expecting to see nothing, but is sat there in complete shock when he sees Joonmyun stood by the door smiling gently at him.

“Look at you”

The reports about Yifan were right; he was a looking a lot more tired recently. Even from where he was stood, Joonmyun could see that the bags under his eyes were extremely prominent. The closer he got, he could see how gaunt Yifan had become lately as the latter still stared at him in disbelief, even when Joonmyun took his face in his hands and gently fan a thumb over his cheek.

“Wha-what are you doing here?” he asks

“Isn’t it obvious?” Joonmyun replies

Yifan knows, but he doesn’t understand why. Why was Joonmyun there in front of him? After all Yifan had put him through and how he had treated him, he still turned up in front of him like this?

“Why? After all I’ve done, why are you still here?”

“Because I’ve had time to sit down and properly think things over. I’ve spoken to people and thought about the bigger picture. This is just one part of it Yifan, there’s so much more” Joonmyun explains, resting Yifan’s head against his chest.

“I’ve been the absolute worst” Yifan whispers, wrapping his arms around Joonmyun who’s running his fingers through his hair

“Nobody’s perfect. I haven’t exactly been a saint myself” he replies, smiling when Yifan leans into his touch. He lets him stay like this for a while, Joonmyun’s more than happy to wait and keep running his fingers through Yifan’s hair until he hears him sigh and shake his head.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry” he says, his forehead leaning against Joonmyun’s chest

“It’s fine Yifan. I know it’s been difficult, but I forgive you, please stop apologising and just come home”

“… I don’t want to go home. Not to Qian, I’m not ready to face her and whatever she has lined up for me” Yifan replies, smiling when he hears Joonmyun laugh

“Then come stay at mine”

Yifan looks up to see if Joonmyun’s being serious. When he does, Joonmyun’s looking back down at him with a smile still on his face. Whilst Yifan looks and feels terrible, Joonmyun is still as he remembered him; just as handsome as when he first met the guy.

“Really?” he asks, just to be sure

“Really” Joonmyun replies, leaning down to kiss Yifan. It’s not rushed like their previous kisses, it’s not where one is kissing the other just to prove a point. It’s nice and relaxed, when one kisses the other returns, it’s slow and just feels absolutely right. For the first time in weeks, Yifan is finally able to relax.


It's the scene you've waited for, it's the scene I've waited for and it's finally here!!!

Fun fact about this chapter: It was actually the first ever scene that inspired this whole fic. I have literally waited for 29 chapters to post this thing. 

Second fact about this chapter: I was torn between this idea or another original idea where it would actually been an office romance/ affair...

Finally: The next chapter I'm afraid is going to be the last... I know it's going to be sad, but I'm going to make it just fluffy and cheesy as this chapter was and not have a care in the world!!

Until then!!