Reunion

Comes with the job

Baekhyun giving Joonmyun the chance to meet with a friend he had not seen for the best part of four years was all he had been looking forward to in the days leading up to the interview. He even went as far as to make sure his schedule for that day was completely clear until later that evening where he had dinner arrangements with his family!

Stepping into the studio with Baekhyun and Luhan, Joonmyun can hear three sets of laughter before he sees who the laughter belong to. The first- and one of the loudest- belongs to the guy holding the camera, this must be Baekhyun’s friend who manages to get him the interview. The second- but just as loud- unmistakeably belongs to Jongdae, sounding just as Joonmyun remembers it. The final laugh is by far the quietest out of the three, yet what strikes Joonmyun is that the owner of the laugh has a very defined dimple which can only really be seen if he’s either laughing or smiling.

“Park Chanyeol” Baekhyun begins as he walks over to his friend with his arms out wide “You are just amazing! I don’t know how I’ll repay you, but trust me I have a long list of possible ideas which is ever increasing” he finishes and proceeds to back hug his friend tightly who groans and tries to pull himself out of Baekhyun’s grip.

“How about those drinks you offered me just before graduation we never got around to and we’re even?” Chanyeol asks

“Deal!” Baekhyun exclaims and unwraps his arms from his friend, choosing to ignore how he rubs his sides from where Baekhyun had hugged him too hard.

Turning to his two interviewee’s for the afternoon, it takes all his willpower to not literally squeal. Instead he clasps his hands together and bites his bottom lip- maybe a small sound escapes, but no one comments about it- before smiling.

“Okay, okay I’m gonna guess” he begins before pointing to the first guy “Jongdae?” he asks and when said guy nods, turns to the second guy “And Yi Xing?”

“Lay’s probably the easier to pronounce” Yixing replies, heavily accented, as Baekhyun nods and sighs happily

“You two have no idea just how much I’ve been looking forward to this interview!” he exclaims and claps his hands together “Now, I’m thinking first off we do individual interviews so that people can get to know the two of you a lot better than what they already know. After that, I’ll interview the two of you together and we can then pick a bunch of photographs to include in the interview. How does that sound?”

Both agree to Baekhyun’s idea of how the interview would go. Choosing Yixing to go first, he has his doubts as to whether he’ll get through the whole interview without screwing up on way or another because his Korean was still lacking in some areas.

“Don’t worry about it!” Baekhyun reassures “If you want, I can have Luhan sit next to you and act as translator if you need it” he offers as Yixing’s eyes widen and he quickly turns to Luhan.

“You’re Chinese?” he shoots out in rapid Mandarin, Luhan laughing at his choice of words as he nods his head

“I’m originally from Beijing, though I’ve lived over here long enough to have gotten used to the language” he explains as Yixing sighs in relief and looks almost ecstatic.

“Thank you! Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve heard someone speak Mandarin like this?” he asks, Jongdae catching onto the conversation as he pouts and nudges his groupmate

“Hey! My Mandarin is pretty good” he whines, just as heavily accented as Yixing sounds when speaking Korean

“You know what I mean” Yixing replies with a wave of his hand and though Baekhyun has no clue on what’s being said, he steps in to get the interview underway.

Joonmyun wasn’t really paying attention to what was going on beside him. He had been looking through the monitor to see the pictures that Chanyeol had taken so far- he’s actually pretty good- and doesn’t really catch onto what’s happening until he hears Jongdae shout and looks up in time to see his friend before he’s nearly smacked off his feet, such is the force of the hug.

“I haven’t seen you in years!” Jongdae says excitedly and laughs happily, making Joonmyun laugh as he staggers to stop himself from falling onto the floor

“Tell me about it! Now look at you, a famous and award winning singer in China! Who would have thought you would have made it this far?” he jokes.

Even after all this time, it’s still easy for them to slip into a conversation. It’s generally full of asking how they were, what they had been up to, and what Joonmyun was doing at present, hearing them it was as though they had never been away from each other at all. During this time, Baekhyun decides to begin their individual interviews and tugs Yixing along to follow him. Joonmyun finds the pout on his lips just a tiny bit cute, but the expression in Yixing’s eyes is completely different, a mix between hurt and possibly anger. It almost looked as though he was envious.

“So come on, tell me; how the heck did you get to be some celebrity in China?” Joonmyun asks as he and Chen sift through the different pictures Chanyeol had taken earlier

“Well you know; picked to go train under the company, spent about… a year and a half training. Yixing had already been there for almost three years by the time I arrived and we became friends instantly” Jongdae begins, pointing to a few pictures which he thought would be good for Baekhyun to include “We do a few pieces together and the company thinks we have potential, but because people are debuting literally all the time here, it was decided China was the place to go until it kind of died down here”

“I would love to have seen you try to grasp the language” Joonmyun jokes as Jongdae laughs and nods his head

“For the first year of being there I relied solely on my translator and Yixing!” he exclaims “Mandarin is all about tones and I was so bad I ended up- unintentionally may I add- calling a host on a show we featured in a horse!”

Their conversation continues in this fashion and Joonmyun doesn’t really take any notice of photos that much- he throws in the occasional comment but leaves it to Jongdae and Yixing to decide which ones they want to use.

“Hey go back to that one quickly” Joonmyun says when Jongdae quickly skips a photo

“Nah, it wasn’t anything special” Jongdae quickly replies

“Oh come on I wanna see it” Joonmyun whines and with a role of his eyes, Jongdae- albeit reluctantly- goes back to the previous picture.

Having a look for himself, Joonmyun doesn’t notice anything wrong. It’s actually quite a funny shot where the two of them look like they’re fighting over the microphone and Jongdae looks like he’s shouting into it, next to him Yixing is staring at him and laughing but that’s when Joonmyun realises why Jongdae may have skipped over it; it’s the way Yixing is looking at Jongdae. It reminds Joonmyun of how Yixing was staring at the two of them earlier on, except this time Yixing’s gaze on Jongdae looks friendly… but maybe a little too friendly.

“There’s nothing wrong with it” Joonmyun quickly says before Jongdae can begin to get suspicious “It’s quite a nice photo”

All Jongdae does is grunt in response and moves onto the next picture. Looking away, Joonmyun catches Chanyeol looking towards him, a look on his face telling Joonmyun that he knows what Joonmyun is thinking. Both share the same thought, but they don’t say anything, it’s nothing to do with them. At that moment Baekhyun’s solo interview with Yixing ends and it’s now Jongdae’s turn.

 

 

“I cannot thank you two enough for this” Baekhyun says when the interview is finally over “I think you’ve literally made my year so far”

“If you guys want, we have our debut coming up in just under two weeks. We can get you all in and backstage” Yixing offers and of course everybody jumps at the opportunity- it wasn’t every day they got a free backstage passes like this!

“I’m suggesting a few drinks are in order- mostly because Baekhyun’s paying for mine- anybody else want to join?” Chanyeol asks and Jongdae and Yixing agree whereas Luhan declines because he has a deadline for a report he needs to finish by tomorrow evening.

“What about you Joonmyun?” Jongdae asks

“Really, I would love to, but I have dinner tonight with my parents” Joonmyun replies and checking the time, shoots quick goodbyes to everybody before rushing out the door and towards his car, giving himself enough time to get home, shower, and dressed by the time his brother comes to pick him up.

 

 

“You don’t have to attend this party Yifan, your father has already said so”

Growing up, Yifan had a hard time adapting to life in Korea; first there was a new culture to get used to, the food was completely foreign to him, and he had a hard time grasping the language. When he was six, Qian was hired to help him become more fluent and to basically adapt to the Korean culture. When Yifan was nine, Sooyoung- his mother- had died and Yifan made sure that Qian was to stay with him for as long as possible. Even today almost aged twenty four she was still a big part in his life.

“I know, but you and I both know that if I don’t turn up people will talk, especially after the recent news stories about me. It’s better to turn up, face them head on and avoid having Siwon face them by himself” Yifan replies, sighing and letting Qian help him with his tie when he wasn’t making any progress himself.

“Just remember; you can come home at any time, you do not owe those gossip hungry people anything” Qian reminds him and with one last smooth down of his suit, lets him go to meet his dad who is waiting by the entrance.

Yifan didn’t want to be at this evening’s event. In fact, he had no intention of going at all and his father was cool with that, but that was before the latest story of him and Soojung came out, and Yifan knew that if Siwon went alone, he was going to be bombarded with questions he wouldn’t be able to answer because he is not his son.

That wouldn’t be fair on him. He would just want to go to that event and keep it at business as usual, if Siwon wanted that then Yifan knew he would have to come along and show his face to stop people from talking. It wouldn’t be too difficult, he would just have to put on appearance that would satisfy those around him and get them to leave him alone. The world was full of fakes, and Yifan was about to attend an event full of them…


You're all gonna hate me if I say just one more chapter aren't you?

I'm sorry! I know most of you are probably like "JUST GIMME KRISHO ALREADY!" and I promise that after the next chapter it will be there. We just need an event to get to the main event... if that makes sense. I also, maybe... kinda teased you by naming this chapter reunion but hey! This chapter was originally called CJ and YL until I thought "What the hell that's rubbish" and changed it because of the reunion between Chen and Suho. And possibly a thing going on between CJ and YL.

Next chapter has to happen; we get the dinner where we see just how much Joonmyun's parents disapproved of his career choice and how Yifan goes down in this room full of fakes. To make it up to you, a reminder of how good Kris looks in suits?

I mean just look

at

him

Until the next chapter!!!