Busted

Comes with the job

WU YIFAN SPOTTED WITH MYSTERY MAN?

It’s no secret that rumours have been constantly circulating over the uality of Wu Yifan, yet has this latest eye witness account finally put an end to those rumours? It seems that the young heir to one of Korea’s richest men was spotted with a male companion. Whilst witnesses were unable to confirm whether this companion was just a friend, there have been reports that the two were seen getting pretty comfy one point or another!

“”

To accompany the article, the picture attached was the moment Yifan had wrapped his arm around Joonmyun’s shoulder to pull him away from the cyclist.

Reading the rest of the article, Joonmyun wishes that he never went out on that walk in the first place. Sure in the picture his face as mostly concealed by Yifan’s scarf, but what if someone nearby recognised his voice? What if someone was able to recognise him by his eyes? So caught up in the many possibilities of just how many people would know it was him with Yifan, he was just about able to hide the article from a certain Byun Baekhyun who was marching over to him.

“O-oh hey” Joonmyun tries to greet casually whilst his hands work quickly to close the webpage and bring up the article he had been working on

Instead of greeting him back in usual Byun Baekhyun fashion, the expression on his face and the way he quickly whips his head around to do a sweep of the area showed Joonmyun that he was in no mood for normal today. Stopping in front of Joonmyun’s desk, he hesitates before finally opening his mouth.

“I-I think Minseok and Luhan are dating”

Joonmyun had to work on his reaction speed and acting skills to try and at least convince Baekhyun he was shocked by the news.

“Wait, you know?” Baekhyun asks as Joonmyun cringes and nods his head

“I know”

Joonmyun definitely had to work on his reaction speed, seeing Baekhyun’s eyes widen, mouth open and not being able to fully react until he was already shouting

What? How did you kn-“

Hand clamped over Baekhyun’s mouth, its Joonmyun’s turn to quickly whip his head around. Co-workers nearby haven’t really taken any notice of their exchange, making it all the more easier for Joonmyun to yank Baekhyun down, using the table as some sort of shelter from everybody else.

“Yes I know Minseok and Luhan are dating” he rushes out in a hushed whisper “I accidentally eavesdropped on a conversation. Luhan knows that I know, but Minseok doesn’t know that I know, and neither of them know you know which means you have to keep your mouth shut before people hear you and this whole place finds out!”

Stopping to catch his breath, Joonmyun releases his hand from Baekhyun’s mouth who still has his eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

“How did you find out anyway?”

“I went to go speak to Minseok over some advice he could give me for dealing with someone I’m interviewing who can be quite the difficult person, anyway, got to his office and I overheard him talking to someone, then realised the person he was talking to was Luhan over some video message or something!” he explains making Joonmyun shake his head and sigh.

“For two people who want to keep this whole thing a secret, they’re doing a really bad job” he points out

“What do I do? Do I let them know I know?” Baekhyun asks

“No, don’t do that, Luhan was really shaken up when I found out. If anything, work on your acting skills because if he decides to tell you, you’ll need to look convincingly surprised, got it?” Joonmyun asks as Baekhyun nods his head “And please, don’t go telling anybody outside of this place, gossip gets around”

“I promise” Baekhyun swears and the two of them finally emerge from their spot, co-workers remaining blissfully unaware of their previous exchange.

“So what do you have planned for the day then?” Baekhyun asks, trying to get back to some kind of normality

“An interview with Choi Siwon that needs writing up and will probably take the majority of the day. Care to join me?” Joonmyun replies

“Tempting, but that would probably run into lunch and I’m meeting Chanyeol today so, I think I’ll pass”

Hearing Chanyeol’s name outside of a work context surprised Joonmyun. Sure he had gone with them to Jongdae and Yixing’s concert, but he thought it was because it had been a thank you for being such a photographer. He would never had linked the two of them together.

“Chanyeol, eh?” he asks, a smile teasing Baekhyun who nudged him and shakes his head to fight down a blush

“Shush, who I hang out with during my free time is of no concern to you” he replies and walks away to Joonmyun laughing at his reddening cheeks. How did coming to Joonmyun to tell him their boss was having a secret relationship with Luhan turn into him being teased anyway?

 

 

“You sure keep going back to him don’t you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Wanting to get a look at what Soojung was reading on her phone, Yifan attempts to snatch it away from her, but her reflexes are just that tiny bit quicker and she easily avoids his attempts.

“You like to tease people and make their lives a hell for a while until you get bored and just forget about them, I get that” she begins “You keep telling me you like to tease Joonmyun and it’s nothing at that, yet whenever you feel like he’s upset at you, you’re over his place doing whatever to get things back to normal”

“So what? What’s it to you anyway?” Yifan asks “This is between me, myself and I”

“I know, I know” Soojung says “It’s just interesting, seeing you like this”

Yifan doesn’t say anything to defend himself or tell Soojung that whatever she’s thinking is completely wrong. Instead he sits there pouting like a child who isn’t getting their way because he knows that what Soojung says is right, but he would never admit that to her, he would never hear the last of it if he did…

 

 

“So how’s China for you then?”

“It’s great! I never realised just how much I missed the place until I actually arrived at the airport!”

Seeing how happy Luhan is makes Minseok happy, it’s as simple as that. He was reluctant to let Luhan go in the first place because he wasn’t sure how he was going to survive all the time they would be separate for, yet seeing how happy the latter was on the opposite end of the computer screen told him he shouldn’t care about his own feelings and care about Luhan’s as well.

“How are you?” Luhan asks “Surely there’s enough going on your end to stop you from moping around for me”

“I don’t mope!” Minseok argues but Luhan sends him a look showing that he doesn’t believe him at all.

“Sure. Whatever you say. Despite the days where I seem to remember you would have me in your office whining- no begging- me not to leave. “Luhan please don’t leave me! What am I going to do without you?””

“I don’t sound like that!” Minseok exclaims and tries to look annoyed, but ends up smiling at the sound of Luhan’s laughter, it wasn’t as if he could ever be angry at the guy anyway.

“Hey” Luhan calls out to him, a lot softer this time “Even though I do love to tease you about this, I do miss you”

“And I miss you too. Now hurry up and finish your damn time in China so I can have you back here already!”

The two begin laughing once again and Luhan begins to joke about how lame the two of them must sound, on the other side of the door Baekhyun jumps away with a gasp, it slowly dawning on him that there was maybe something more going on between the two of them rather than just boss and employee. Looking around, he makes sure nobody had seen him accidentally snoop in on Luhan and Minseok, hangs around for just a second more to make sure Minseok hadn’t heard him, then turns around and makes his quick getaway. Discovering something as huge as this was something Baekhyun couldn’t keep to himself, he had to tell somebody, and there was only one person he could really trust. He had to find Joonmyun.


If anybody is confused about why I added the last part, it was to show what Baekhyun had overheard which kinda gave away to him that Minseok and Luhan were in a relationship. I was unsure if I was going to add it, but in the past I've had comments saying "What was said?" or "I want to know what happened" so this is from experience... yep...

Until the next chapter!!