Confront

Comes with the job

Joonmyun just couldn’t understand Yifan; one minute it felt like he was doing everything in his power to make Joonmyun’s life a nightmare, the next he was someone who was saving Joonmyun’s life from a stranger in an alleyway, willingly comforting Joonmyun when his parents had over stepped the mark… he just didn’t know which Yifan was the genuine Yifan, nor did he know why Yifan had two such polar personalities around him.

When Joonmyun had finally stopped crying that night, Yifan just let him go and left him there by himself. Since that night Joonmyun hadn’t heard from him at all; no annoying phone call, no turning up to his house at random times throughout the night, nothing.  It was what he had wanted from the beginning so he really shouldn’t be complaining, yet he had gotten so used to Yifan butting in and making his life a misery one way or another that it almost felt weird he wasn’t there as an annoyance in the background.

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asks “You look distracted”

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine!” Joonmyun lies with a smile “Just haven’t been sleeping properly that’s all”

Baekhyun nods in understanding and plants himself next to Joonmyun before heaving out a sigh, rubbing his eyes and yawning before he can even think about eating his own lunch.

“I know how you feel. Recently it’s been article after article and I’ve been working extra on top of that because Minseok feels I can soon start making television reports soon and I want to show him I am capable of doing it” he explains “Tomorrow I have another interview with Jongdae and Yixing to talk over their recent success over here. This time though I’m meeting them in the evening at a bar nearby, keep it casual, you can tag along if you want”

“I think after today I’m going to need a drink or two” Joonmyun jokes and immediately takes Baekhyun up on the offer, it’ll be nice to get out for a while and catch up with Jongdae at the same time. It’ll also give him something to do besides over thinking why Yifan hadn’t done anything to annoy him in such a long while.

‘I shouldn’t be thinking about it so much in the first place’ he thinks to himself, finishing up his lunch and saying goodbye to Baekhyun before heading back to his desk.

 

 

WU YIFAN SPOTTED WITH MYSTERY MAN ONCE AGAIN?

Following previous reports of Wu Yifan being seen getting comfy with a male companion during a walk in the park, it seems like once again the two have been spotted together! It’s been reported through a number of witnesses that Wu was seen outside after a recent press conference comforting this male companion who had been crying, even at one point pulling him in for a hug! Whilst many argue that he was perhaps comforting an upset friend, others are saying that this is actually the same man whom he was spotted with in the park the previous time!

“Don’t people have better things to do besides gossip?” Joonmyun mutters to himself, not bothering to finish reading the remainder of the article, and instead gets back to his own piece he needs written up by the end of the week.

When his phone begins to ring, he’s not surprised when he finds its Yifan’s number. He’s probably ringing to tease Joonmyun about the article, no doubt having read it and the previous one about the two of them being seen together.

“Hello?” Joonmyun answers, expecting to hear Yifan start to any second now about the article

“Whatever happened that night you cried, whatever I did, it meant nothing, you got me?” Yifan says from the other line, sounding rushed and panicked

“Excuse me?” Joonmyun asks

“Whatever happened, it meant nothing” Yifan reiterates “It was just a silly hug because you were crying and I had no idea on what else I could have done”

“You’re making it sound like this is all my fault” Joonmyun points out

“Maybe it is. You were the one crying after all”

Was Joonmyun actually hearing this? Was Yifan hearing how stupid he sounded as he spoke? Of course Joonmyun was crying, he had a pretty damn good reason to cry, and it was Yifan who had stood there and told him that he could rant and vent to him until Joonmyun felt better!

“Are you hearing yourself right now?” he asks “This is ridiculous! Why should I be blamed for something like crying? It was you who told me to tell you everything anyway, it was you who voluntarily hugged me, and I never asked you to do any of that!”

“It’s called being a Good Samaritan, you should try it sometimes” Yifan replies and Joonmyun doesn’t even care about how loud his scoff is

“What is your problem? Are you hearing yourself right now?”

“Whatever. I think we’re done for today”

“Oh no we’re not mister!” Joonmyun exclaims “Don’t you dare hang up on me!”

Yifan of course goes against his words and hangs up. Joonmyun sits in his chair grabbing his phone filled with nothing but rage. Just who the hell did Yifan think he was hanging up on him and blaming him like that? He wasn’t going to take it, he wasn’t going to be left brushed aside like that. Getting up from his seat, he marches straight over to Minseok’s office, still wanting to be polite and knocking before entering. Minseok only has to take a look at his expression before he’s sighing and searching through a pile of papers.

“Let me guess, Yifan’s address?” he asks

“Please” Joonmyun replies as Minseok hands a slip of paper over with the address scribbled down and the quickest route to take.

“I don’t know why I bother trying to talk some sense into the guy, he just never listens” Joonmyun can hear him muttering to himself as he studies the paper and runs to his car to get to the location.

 

 

Though Siwon had moved out a few years ago, Yifan had remained in the house since he was eighteen. From various points of research, Joonmyun had discovered that this had been the house he was brought up in, that he grew up in, and by the looks of it didn’t want to part with it when his father had moved out and into another place located nearer to his business. This however was not the time for speculation or for a lesson throughout Yifan’s life, right now all he wanted to do was speak to the guy and try to figure out what the hell was wrong with him.

Before getting into his car, Minseok had quickly called him telling him that when he got to the gates, to use his name, otherwise Joonmyun was never going to get in. Getting through the first barrier, the next one came at the front door when ringing the door bell, a middle aged woman- still beautiful in her looks Joonmyun would admit- answered the door.

“May I help you?” she asks, her accent reminding Joonmyun of Yixing and the way he speaks

“I need to speak to Yifan” he replies, adding a please on the end making sure he acted politely

“W-well I’m sorry but-“

“Qian, it’s fine” comes the ever familiar voice of Yifan as the woman turns around to face him, the door opening wider so that Joonmyun can also see Yifan staring at him “He can come in”

With a nod, the woman steps aside to allow Joonmyun into the building. With a wave of his hand, Yifan signals for Joonmyun to follow him into an office type room, Yifan leaning against the desk and waiting for Joonmyun to shut the door before he speaks.

“What can I help you with today?” he asks

“I want to know what the hell is up with you” Joonmyun replies “One minute you’re this absolutely annoying person and I want nothing more than to just punch you in that face of yours, then you act completely normal, you’re kind, someone I can actually see myself getting along with. You have these two completely different personalities whenever I see you and it’s extremely confusing! Why are you like this?”

Yifan doesn’t answer him, all he does is study Joonmyun, his lack of conversational skills further irritating Joonmyun.

“Well? Come on Yifan speak to me! Is this some form of a joke to mess with me because of how our first interview went? If so, firstly I need to know and secondly you kinda deserved it for how you were speaking to me. I need this clarity!”

Yifan still says nothing, but he does move. He moves from his desk straight over to Joonmyun and grabs his face before kissing him. The kiss is hard, knocking Joonmyun back that he has to steady himself, and quick. When Yifan releases the kiss, Joonmyun stands there shocked and Yifan stands there looking disturbed, in disbelief.

“Qian” he calls out and not a moment later there’s a knock at the door before Qian enters the room

“Yes Yifan?”

“Joonmyun’s not feeling very well. He says he’s well enough to drive, but in the meantime get some water down him and have someone drive his car back to his place for him to keep him safe” Yifan lies and with a nod of her head, Qian walks over to Joonmyun- still stood there frozen in place- and gently leads him out of the room.

“Come along dear” she says and Joonmyun looks back around for one final look at Yifan before the door closes. He’s slumped against the desk this time, running a hand through his hair and muttering something to himself before he covers his face with his hands. After that the door shuts, and Joonmyun doesn’t know what happens next…