Answers?

Comes with the job

Yifan is stood there soaked to the bone, he has his gaze dropped to the floor, and begins to shiver as the cold finally seeps through to his body. Joonmyun doesn’t know what to do- what to say- what was he supposed to say upon seeing Yifan stood there in the state he’s in?

“C-can I come in?” Yifan asks quietly, gaze still firmly planted on the floor. Joonmyun still says nothing, but does move aside to let him in. Once inside, Yifan stands in the hallway waiting to see if Joonmyun will say anything to him, waiting to see how Joonmyun is going to react with him turning up like this after what happened last time, but he doesn’t do anything. He’s still in disbelief that Yifan’s there right now.

“I saw you on television earlier” he says as an attempt to start some conversation

“Why are you here?” Joonmyun asks and can see Yifan wince at the sound of his voice

“Surely you know why I’m here” he replies and Joonmyun opens his mouth to reply, but sighs when he sees just how badly Yifan is beginning to shiver

“You idiot! Look at you!” he exclaims “We need to get you out of these clothes and into something dry” taking Yifan by the arm and leading him down the hall towards his bedroom

“You really think your clothes are going to fit me?” Yifan asks, Joonmyun not quite on the same level of humour as he is, but knows he’s right. There’s a distinct height difference between the two of them and if Joonmyun tried giving Yifan some of his clothes to borrow, the results weren’t going to be the best.

“Right, just go in the shower and dump the clothes outside, I’ll put them in the dryer” he suggests instead

“So I’ll just be sat there in nothing but my boxers?” Yifan asks

“Will you just do as I say? Please?” Joonmyun asks back “I’ll think of something”

When Yifan does eventually get into the shower, he’s dumped his clothes outside for Joonmyun to take. Doing so, Joonmyun dumps some towels and a blanket outside, shouting through the bathroom door to tell Yifan they’re there.

Dumping the clothes into the dryer, Joonmyun really begins to panic. It’s obvious that Yifan’s there to talk to him about what had happened last time, but why now? Why had he turned up in the pouring rain, subject himself to the weather like that just to come talk to Joonmyun when he had all the time since the incident to come speak to him? Sighing to himself, Joonmyun begins to dry Yifan’s clothes and sits to wait for him to come out so they can properly talk this over.

 

 

“I’m covered, you can turn around”

Joonmyun had been faced away from the entrance to the living room since Yifan had gotten out of the shower, there was no way he was about to look up and see him in nothing but his boxers! Turning back around, Yifan’s slumped in the sofa with a blanket wrapped around him, hair still a bit damp but from the shower, but at least he’s not shivering anymore.

When Joonmyun sits in the armchair next to Yifan, he notices the latter staring down at the food on the table, raising an eyebrow when Yifan looks over at him

“Bit of a small meal isn’t it?” he asks

“Well the takeaway was only meant for one” Joonmyun explains “I didn’t exactly want to play bad host did I?”

Once again they descend into silence, but Joonmyun doesn’t let it last for too long. He’s tired of all of this and all he wants is answers. With Yifan not on the talkative side, Joonmyun was just going to have to keep asking him until he answered.

“Why did you do it?” he asks “Why did you kiss me?”

Yifan appears to be reluctant in answering his question, but Joonmyun’s not about to give up that easily “Did you do it to shut me up because of how I was speaking to you? Is this some kind of game of yours to try and wind me up?”

“No! No way!” Yifan replies straight away “Oh God no I’m not that type of person!”

“Then why did you do it? You must have done it for some reason!” Joonmyun says “Come on Yifan, talk to me!”

Yifan opens his mouth to say something and looks like he’s going to shut it just as quickly, but instead of doing that he sighs and mutters to himself, dropping his gaze and speaks quietly.

“You’re not going to believe me when I say this, I know you won’t, but… it doesn’t even make sense in my own mind… but I’ve kind of liked you… for a while now”

If Joonmyun was in a dream this time, he really wanted to wake up right now. If this turned out to be Yifan playing some sick joke on him, Joonmyun hoped Yifan was a fast runner because if he got a hold on him, he would not be responsible for his actions.

“W-what?” is the only thing he can say

“I… I like you” Yifan admits again “I’ve liked you for a while now actually”

“If this is some joke of yours, I’m not finding it funny” Joonmyun says as Yifan stares at him with wide eyes

“You think I’m that kind of person?” he asks “I would never say something like that as a means for a joke”

“But, you hate me!” Joonmyun exclaims “What about all those times we’ve argued with each other? All those times we’ve been making snappy comments back and forth? We don’t get along at all!”

“You may think that, but that’s not the case. The first interview you did with me I’ll admit I was a jackass… but you were the only person who has been able to speak back to me like that before and I don’t know, I guess, I liked it?” Yifan tries to explain, sighing and running a hand through his hair “I mean it takes a while to realise your own feelings but by the time I did, you really seemed to dislike me and I’m not really good at expressing my feelings and there’s the press hounding me all the time… in the end I was going to give up but then the kiss happened and since then… I can’t get it- you- out of my mind”

Was this Yifan’s way of confessing to Joonmyun? How was he supposed to take it? The guy he considered his mortal enemy liked him? Maybe he did it wasn’t exactly clear because of how he rushed through his answer most of the time, but Joonmyun was pretty sure that Yifan had just confessed to him.

“You don’t have to like me back like that” Yifan pipes up when he sees how Joonmyun is reacting “I just thought you should know, to give you an answer on why I kissed you like that”

“I-it’s a lot to take in” Joonmyun admits “Just give me a chance to take it all in”

“Take all the time you need” Yifan says quietly as Joonmyun nods his head and grabs the two plates, ing one into Yifan’s face.

“Until then I don’t want to hear any more talk about it. You’re going to eat this and then compliment me on being a good host whilst we wait for your clothes to dry, got it?”

Yifan takes the food and the two of them eat in silence. Joonmyun’s not sure if Yifan had given him the whole story, but then again he didn’t want to think of it, he just wants to keep it out of his mind for now until he could properly sit down in a better frame of mind to react to it.

“If this helps to change the mood, you were pretty good on that news broadcast earlier”


Okay, maybe not the love confession chapter you were all looking for, but it would be unrealistic if Joonmyun went from hating Yifan to loving him because Yifan kinda confessed to him and gave him answers as to why he kissed him. Plus, it's a lot to take in for the guy!

This also leads into the remainder of the fic with chapters I've been waiting to write for so long and I'm just so excited... it also gives me means to play with you just that little bit more >:D

Until the next chapter!!