Chance

Comes with the job

Joonmyun doesn’t drive away from Yifan’s immediately after he’s ran out and jumped into the car. He sits there, recalling everything that had just happened, and when it finally makes as to why his heart is beating like crazy, why his face is so flushed, why he feels so alive does he really begin to freak out.

“You have got to be kidding me” he shouts out, head lulling forward and smacking against the steering wheel “Really Kim Joonmyun? Really?”  

It shouldn’t have been that much of a surprise to Joonmyun really. In the beginning when he had first met Yifan, yeah, hating him would have been totally fine because Yifan had given him the reasons to hate him. In the beginning he despised the guy and if anybody had told him they suspected Joonmyun had some feelings he would have laughed in their face and told them to dream on.

Since that first interview though, things had changed. Sure Yifan was still the jerk who liked to make Joonmyun’s life a hell, but then Joonmyun got to see a side to Yifan he was sure Siwon hadn’t seen before. He got to see the vulnerable Yifan, the caring Yifan, even a mature Yifan who managed to actually explain how much he liked Joonmyun in a way that freaked neither of them out. Seeing how Yifan reacted after Joonmyun barged into the room and kissed him like that, it wasn’t how Joonmyun expected him to react. If Yifan was willing to show this side to him and open up to Joonmyun more often, he would happily try to see if they could form some sort of a relationship.

Joonmyun doesn’t dwell on the matter for much longer. If he does he thinks he’ll go crazy in no time. For now he just forgets about it and decides to come back to the matter once he’s been able to calm himself down and properly think over it.

 

 

“Morning Sunyoung!”

“Oh! H-hi Joonmyun!”

Joonmyun wasn’t really thrown off by how uncharacteristic Sunyoung’s reply had been. She looked so busy so often that she was probably just a mixture of tired and stressed, something Joonmyun knew all too much about. It was when he was walking towards his desk that he began to feel something was wrong. Maybe he was being overly paranoid, but he had a feeling that whenever he walked through the corridor, fellow colleagues would jump away from each other as they saw him… as though they had been talking about him beforehand. When he was waiting for the lift, it felt like every pair of eyes present was focused on him. He wanted to think that it was just his imagination, but he wasn’t sure.

“Ah, morning Baekhyun!” he greets happily when he sees his friend waiting by his desk, his smile falling seeing the expression on Baekhyun’s face

“Is that him? Is he here?” he can hear a voice say through the phone Baekhyun’s holding

“Luhan?” Joonmyun asks and leans over to see Luhan’s face on the screen “What’s going on?”

“Oh God he hasn’t been online yet Lu” Baekhyun mutters and the feeling that something was wrong had begun to creep back on him again.

“What’s going on?” he asks again and Baekhyun is hesitant to answer, biting his bottom lip 

“Show him Baek” Luhan says from the phone and with a sigh, Baekhyun moves to the side and points at Joonmyun’s computer screen. Frowning, Joonmyun sits down to take a look at what Baekhyun was pointing at

“Oh my God”

IDENTITY OF WU YIFAN’S MYSTERY MAN FINALLY REVEALED?

It seems as though the identity of businessman Wu Yifan’s mystery man has finally been revealed! For weeks there has been speculation as to whether there is a relationship between the two parties, yet a leaked photo may finally reveal the full extent of their relationship. After numerous sightings of the two being seen outside together, this photo sure enough shows the mystery man exiting Yifan’s house and who is it in this picture exiting the house? None other than up-and-coming reporter Kim Joonmyun. Sources say that the two have had a history together since Joonmyun’s first interview with Yifan at the very start of his career. It seems that the two have gotten very close recently indeed!

Wu Yifan’s side have declined to comment on the matter whilst Kim Joonmyun’s side have yet to comment at all. Nonetheless, this is certainly a story worth sticking around for!

To accompany the article, there was a picture of Joonmyun leaving the house after he had gone to visit Yifan. “” Joonmyun whispers to himself, checking the internet to see if there were any other articles on the story. Sure enough, the results churned up article after article.

“Oh ”

Now it was very obvious that people were talking about him, that they were watching him and muttering things about him when he stepped into work this morning. Even as he turned to look around him, there were colleagues who were caught staring at him.

“Come on” Baekhyun says, pulling Joonmyun out of his seat “We’ll never get any privacy around here”

Joonmyun didn’t know how to react to the situation. He just allowed himself to be pulled around by Baekhyun as he was dragged into an empty meeting room and made to sit across from Baekhyun who had turned his phone around so that Luhan too was able to see him.

“Joonmyun… why was you at Yifan’s house?” Luhan asks

“It’s my fault” Baekhyun admits “There’s a long story behind it but I told him to go over there to settle any doubts about any feelings he had for Yifan”

“And how did you propose he did that?” 

“Y-Yifan said he liked me and kissed me… so Baekhyun said that I would I liked him back if I went and kissed him back” Joonmyun replies, both him and Baekhyun cringing when they heard Luhan groan.

“Really Baekhyun? You told him to go and kiss Yifan?” he asks

“W-well you weren’t here to give him the advice he needed at the time!” Baekhyun exclaims, trying to defend his decision

“Joonmyun you could have called me! You know I’m not the type of person who puts work over friends!” Luhan exclaims

“W-well I was unsure at the time a-and Baekhyun was there when I needed him!” Joonmyun replies as Luhan sighs and shakes his head

“See, this is why you don’t give advice Baekhyun! Just wait until I’m back in Seoul you two!”

Honestly Joonmyun would happily sit there and take a lecture from Luhan rather than have to come up with a response to tell the gossip hungry public over the matter between him and Yifan. He would happily flee the city and have Baekhyun tell people that he had fled to Timbuktu or French Polynesia if anyone asked where he was, especially if it meant being able to get away from public attention for a while!

“Joonmyun!”

“Huh?”

“I asked if, you know… if anything did happen when you kissed Yifan” Baekhyun says, Luhan perking up as he waits for Joonmyun’s answer.

“U-uh well… well I… possibly… no? Yes?” Joonmyun replies, shifting uncomfortably in his seat

“… You like him, don’t you Joonmyun?” Baekhyun asks as Joonmyun groans and slumps down in his seat

“Yes!” he wails “I hate my stupid feelings and emotions! One minute I despise the guy and the next I’m here realising that he’s alright and I could actually see myself dating him if he just… matured a bit!”

“Well that’s nothing to freak out about, you’re just reacting to your emotions” Luhan states

“But what do I do now?” Joonmyun asks

“Go see him! Talk to him! Tell him how you feel!” Baekhyun exclaims “Don’t worry about all of these articles. You shouldn’t let them scare you away, you should follow your own feelings”

“But they all want a statement from me… a-and I don’t know what to say or do!”

“Don’t worry about that, me and Baek will sort that out” Luhan reassures “Now go and see him! He’ll probably be at his office working, but I’m sure if what you say about him is right, he’ll listen”

With a promise that he’ll explain everything to Luhan when he was back, Joonmyun walks straight out of the office building and towards his car. He ignores those who stare at him as he walks by, pretends that he doesn’t hear people talking about him, his main priority right now is to get to Yifan.

 

 

The whole ride over to the office Joonmyun had been thinking of what he could say to Yifan. Getting to the building was easy, surprisingly getting through security and the front desk was even easier (he was expecting to be held up at some point), and now as he stood in front of Yifan’s door, hand ready to knock, he froze. Could he really go in there and lay his heart out to Yifan like that?

“I know you’re out there”

How did Yifan know Joonmyun was out there? Shaking the thought out of his head, Joonmyun skips the knocking part and walks straight into Yifan’s office, the latter stood up at his desk overlooking some files, not even bothering to look up when Joonmyun shut the door behind him.

“You tried to be sneaky, but you do know the secretary is just one phone call away” Yifan points out

“R-right, sorry, I just…” Joonmyun replies but stops when he can’t think of anything to say. The two stand in silence, Yifan concentrating on his work whilst Joonmyun stood there trying to decide the right moment to bring up their… situation.

“If you’re here to discuss about what has happened over these past few days, let’s just forget about it” Yifan pipes up

“Excuse me?” Joonmyun asks “B-but you were the one who did all of this and then told me to come to you when I had an answer!”

“And now I’m telling you to forget about it, it doesn’t matter anymore!” Yifan replies, growing increasingly frustrated

“Is this because of those articles?” Joonmyun asks, scoffing when Yifan doesn’t answer his question “Really? You’re just saying this because all these news outlets are currently on your back? Why are you letting fear cloud how you really feel?”

“I’m not afraid!” Yifan shouts back “I am anything but afraid! Feelings can change so get whatever… idea you have about me out of your head! It’s over”

Joonmyun doesn’t believe him, he doesn’t believe him one bit. He knows that Yifan is only like this because of how the public would possibly react if they found out the son of Choi Siwon was linked with him. He’s had enough though, he doesn’t want to fight Yifan to prove it anymore. If Yifan wanted to act this way, then so be it.

“You know what, let’s forget about it. If you want to act like this, go ahead, I don’t care anymore” he begins “I actually thought that maybe we had a chance, maybe we could work it out… but then you go and do this and the moment is gone! Whatever, if you want to do this and act like a child then be my guest! Just leave me alone; don’t call me, don’t message me, don’t come over to my place when you don’t feel like going home. Like you said; it’s over”

Walking out of the room, deep down Joonmyun wants this to be a moment from some cheesy drama where Yifan will come running after him, grab his wrist, and spin him around to apologise. This isn’t like a cheesy drama however, and Joonmyun storms out to his car whilst Yifan watches from his office window. When Joonmyun walked out, something had stirred inside of him, but he fought it down, and instead left Joonmyun to leave him like that…


 

And if I don't manage to update by the 25th, have a great Christmas everybody! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, have an amazing day anyway and I wish all of you a Happy New Year!!