Witness

Comes with the job

The remainder of the week since his very eventful night previously turned out to be the most stressful week he had had to deal with since exam finals. It was this week where he was still feeling kind of down about how his parents had treated him that the world’s stock market decided to throw itself into uncertain turmoil and he was asked to sift through report after report that was coming in to send something forward to be broadcasted onto the television.

It was hard work- and Joonmyun spent two days almost staying up the whole night fuelled on energy drinks- the only highlight of his week being some flowers that were sent to him from Soojung; the article containing his interview with her had recently been published and met with positive reviews from work colleagues and readers alike. The flowers were a thank you from the young woman herself because of how enjoyable the read had been for her. That was really the only highlight of his week so far and nothing looked like it could top it.

“There’s my little worker!” Baekhyun gushes over lunch one afternoon “How is my little Joonmyun doing?”

“He feels like he’s going to collapse any minute now and would actually enjoy a few hours in hospital than write another report” Joonmyun replies, dropping his lunch onto the table and collapsing into his seat with a groan.

Out of himself, Baekhyun, and Luhan, it was Baekhyun who was the happiest and most stress free out of the three of them. He was still riding on the success his interview with Jongdae and Yixing received and he was nowhere near under the amount of stress Joonmyun and Luhan were under.

“You are not alone my friend” Luhan says, leaning back in his chair and stretching with a groan “But I do think I have something that’ll hopefully put a smile on your face”

Intrigued by this, Joonmyun snacks on lunch and watches as Luhan reaches for his tablet and searches for something. When he finally finds it he lays the tablet down in front of Joonmyun- who is joined by Baekhyun taking a peek for his own curiosity- where an article was shown on the page. It took a moment for the message of the article to sink in, but when it did, it made Joonmyun’s stomach drop.

WU YIFAN CHARGED WITH ASSAULT?

“Wow. You some kind of sadist you likes seeing people get hurt and punished Joonmyun?” Baekhyun asks just from reading the headline, making Joonmyun slap him on the arm and making Luhan let out a loud snort.

“Like he has it in him” Luhan replies with a laugh “Yifan was one of the first people Joonmyun interviewed remember? He wasn’t the easiest person Joonmyun had to work with”

“In fact I’d rather not be reminded of the incident. I’m still traumatised by it today” Joonmyun adds as he continues to read the article.

Early sources indicate that on the night of the 6th Wu Yifan was involved in an altercation which involved him supposedly punching a man who had done nothing to provoke him into doing so. Neither the police nor reps of Wu have confirmed or denied if these reports are true, however it is known that a man with a supposed broken nose filed a report at a police station in the early hours of yesterday morning and if true, Wu Yifan could be charged with assault.

More to follow as the story develops…

“Hmm, never thought he had it in him” is all he says, hoping he can play the part of someone who was completely different to how he felt on the inside. On the inside he was panicking; Joonmyun had gone to his parents on the 6th, it had been because of him that Yifan had punched that guy and so rightly did the guy deserve it!

Sure he didn’t particularly enjoy being in Yifan’s company, but he did save Joonmyun from whatever it was that the guy had in store for him, he just couldn’t let Yifan get into trouble like that!

Deciding a perfect time to go down to the police station to explain everything was going to be difficult. With all the work Joonmyun still had left to do, he would be lucky if he clocked off at a reasonable time. Maybe if he explained his situation to Sunyoung she could cover for him whilst he quickly popped out…

“Ah cheer up guys!” Baekhyun says encouragingly “Sure your week has been pretty crappy so far, but I’m sure Jongdae and Yixing’s concert will put a definite smile on your face!”

Luhan and Joonmyun had to agree on that. Joonmyun couldn’t remember the last time he had been to a concert- and he was pretty sure last one he went to was with Jongdae- now to have the chance to see his friend performing live was guaranteed to bring a smile to his face.

“Hey Luhan, the boss wants to see you” a colleague shoots over and with a sigh, Luhan reluctantly gets up from his seat, shooting a farewell to the other two and makes his way out of the canteen. His actions surprised Joonmyun; from the meetings he had with Minseok so far, he was actually a pretty cool guy to be around. Nobody else who worked under him had a bad thing to say, yet when Luhan left, it looked to be the total opposite of that and that he had had enough of even hearing his name.

Whatever thoughts he had, Joonmyun could dwell on them later, for now he had to get down to the police station and set everything straight. Shooting a goodbye to Baekhyun, he quickly makes his way out of the canteen and as he’s making his way towards the front desk to speak to Sunyoung, tries to come up with some master plan in his mind.

 

 

“You’re wanted at the station”

Sighing, Yifan looks up from the work on his desk and finds Qian standing in the doorway. Since the idiot who had tried to attack Joonmyun a few nights ago had filed an assault charge on him, it was endless journeys to and from the station answering questions. Yifan knew he was innocent, he knew he had a pretty good motive for hitting the guy like that regardless of what he had said, yet the way gossip columns were going on, he was pretty sure the public weren’t going to believe him. Who needed their support anyway?

“What would they want now? I’ve answered every single damn question they’ve thrown at me” Yifan nags, rubbing his hand over his face and getting out of his chair.

“The charges against you may be dropped” Qian says, making Yifan pause and frown at her

“Really?” he asks

“Yep. A witness has come forward claiming that you had all the reason to react in the way you did and that the charges against you are unnecessary. The police wish to speak with you to confirm if what this witness has said is true”

“… I’ll be down momentarily then” Yifan says and with that Qian nods her head and heads out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

Yifan knows straight away who it is who went down to the station. He was surprised that he had done it so quickly. Truthfully, Yifan would have liked to have seen this investigation into his charges go on longer, seen how much the guy accusing him would have gotten away with before and if somebody got an inkling that something wasn’t right.

Twiddling the pen with Joonmyun’s name inscribed onto it he hasn’t given back since their first encounter, Yifan smiles and slips it into his pocket before going down to meet Qian. If he doesn’t go down and confirm that whatever Joonmyun had told them was true, he wouldn’t hear the last of it, guaranteed.


Okay the ending of the chapter was probably really crappy and for that I apologise!

So yes, the return of the douchebag from the previous chapter trying to get revenge on Yifan and even though he despises him, Joonmyun just has to help him being the good person that he is.

Next chapter will continue on from this and we have Chen and Lay's concert... what could possibly happen at a concert? Huh?

Until then!!