Perfect

Comes with the job

Yifan wakes in the morning in a room that is certainly not his office. In fact, as he looked around, this room was not familiar to him at all; the colour was completely different to the colour of his office or of his own bedroom, and he was definitely sure that his own bed was much bigger and longer than the one he was lying in at that moment.

Piecing back together the events of last night, Yifan remembers being dragged out of his office by Joonmyun and being driven away. He didn’t want to go back and have to face Qian, so Joonmyun kept to his promise of taking Yifan back to his. That much he remembers, the rest is mostly just a blur or Joonmyun pushing him into the shower, getting him to eat a decent meal, and then taking away all of Yifan’s electronic devices so he could sleep without any distractions or disturbances.

Waking up feeling more refreshed than previously with a sleeping Joonmyun curled up next to him, Yifan was much happier than he had been in a while. It wasn’t everyday he woke up and actually felt alive, ready to face the day. Turning over, Yifan settles back down to get some more sleep before he needs to get back to work. Catching the time on Joonmyun’s clock however and seeing that he’s almost three hours late, Yifan attempts to jump out of bed, but Joonmyun’s arms wrap tightly around his waist and pull him back in.

“It’s too early for you to be up” he says, voice still laced with sleep

“No it’s not I’m late for work!” Yifan exclaims trying to fight out of Joonmyun’s grip, but the grip only tightens and he’s pulled back down next to him

“You’re not going in today. It’s your day off and I will make you stay in bed, eat everything I make you, and make sure that for at least one day you relax” Joonmyun exclaims, shushing Yifan when he tries to throw up another protest. “Trust me Yifan, it’s all been taken care of. The people who are meant to be working alongside you are now actually being allowed to do their job, and you are going to sit back and let me take care of you for the day”

If anybody else had told Yifan to take the day off work, he would have ignored them and gone about as he usually would. He would even have ignored Qian and deliberately slept in his office on an uncomfortable sofa just to avoid her bugging him when he got home. Yifan buried himself in his work to prove that he was worthy of taking over from Siwon one day, but also to escape the world he was in at the minute. If he was at work then he could busy himself and not have to worry about whether Siwon’s condition was going to deteriorate or not, if he was at work then he wouldn’t have to go home with Qian watching his every move. Even though he probably came close to making himself extremely ill, it was the only way he could give himself some sort of escape from the world that was slowly consuming him and becoming too much for him. Then Joonmyun came back and in that short time in his office, everything in Yifan’s life felt right again.

Joonmyun was able to forgive Yifan for everything that he had done to him, was able to admit that he himself wasn’t exactly perfect either. After everything that had happened, Joonmyun came back to him and he was the only person who, when reassuring him that it was going to be okay, Yifan believed him. Believing Joonmyun was one of the reasons why Yifan allowed him to be pulled back into bed, second only to the fact that he was still very tired. With Joonmyun resting on his chest, Yifan closes his eyes and slowly falls back to sleep. For the first since arriving in Korea all those years ago, everything in Yifan’s life felt right.

It doesn’t take long for Yifan to fall asleep. When he’s sure he is, Joonmyun slowly detaches himself to make sure the latter doesn’t wake up. Kissing his forehead, Joonmyun leaves Yifan to rest whilst he gets to work with the breakfast in bed he had promised the night before.

 

 

“Great job Joonmyun!”

“Awesome report! Nobody else is going to beat it”

“Joonmyun remember you have an interview scheduled for tomorrow at nine”

Joonmyun fights his way through the crowd of colleagues congratulating him on his latest report. Standing down the other end of the corridor, Baekhyun himself is going through his notes and preparing for his news segment coming up in a short while.

“Well Joonmyun, you’re getting more and more popular by the day” he says, looking up from his notes and shooting Joonmyun a smile “Might even be the next big thing as people keep nicknaming you”

“Don’t say that in front of him Baek, it’ll only boost his ego” comes Luhan voice as he joins the two of them, Joonmyun rolling his eyes and gently slapping Luhan on the arm

“Give me a break! You’ve been back for two weeks and already you think you can tease us like this?”

Looking back at it all, Joonmyun never thought he would be in this position so early on in his career. Sure, he hoped for success early on to prove his parents wrong, but never did he think he could make it this far in such a short time surrounded by great colleagues and friends.

“Baekhyun, we need you in five” a production staff member calls over as Baekhyun nods and begins walking down the corridor, stopping to face the other two.

“You two doing anything tonight?” he asks “Chanyeol’s out on this project thing for the weekend and whilst an evening by myself watching films with takeaway sounds nice, I would like to get out”

“I have a nephew to visit I’m afraid” Joonmyun replies “And afterwards Yifan’s taking me out for some much needed food, dessert, and plenty of drinks”

Turning to Luhan, he too shakes his head, apologising when he sees Baekhyun’s hopeful expression fall “My parents are coming to visit so I need to pick them at the airport. Though they’ve spoken to him over video chat plenty of times, it’s also the day I can finally properly introduce them to Minseok”

Wishing Luhan good luck, the three part their separate ways for the day. Quickly gathering his belongings from his office, Joonmyun shoots Sunyoung a quick goodbye at the desk as he quickly walks out of the building. He wasn’t late, but he certainly didn’t want to keep Yifan waiting, especially when this was their first proper night out in a few months.

Though everything had calmed down by this point, their relationship had taken quite the start. Finding out that a journalist is dating the son of one of the richest men in the country is bound to attract quite a lot of attention. Some people will obviously react better than others and there were a few tears, but Joonmyun had Yifan and Yifan had Joonmyun. There was no more panicking about the situation and then saying things they were going to regret, there was no more refusal of feelings, or anymore arguments which would quickly escalate into something else.

This time Joonmyun and Yifan were there for each other. The start of it was rocky, but they worked through it together and now they were happy again. For once Yifan’s life was a lot better than it had been and Joonmyun’s life was finally getting back on track. It was perfect.

“No, please stop, think of my poor ears!”

Joonmyun whines when Yifan changes the radio station, immediately turning it back to the previous station “What was that for? I was singing along to Yixing and Jongdae’s new song!”

“Yes, but the difference between them two and you is that they can carry a tune” Yifan replies, eyes trained on the road, hardly affected by the pout on Joonmyun’s lips

“Why do you have to shoot me down like that? Huh? I could be a singer if I wanted to!” Joonmyun exclaims as Yifan smiles and rolls his eyes

“Uh-huh, keep telling yourself that. It just gives me all the ammunition I need to record you and show to embarrass you in front of Baekhyun and Luhan” he teases

“Whatever. You’re just jealous because out of the two of us I can sing better, admit it!”

Joonmyun is soon singing the next song that comes on the radio and though Yifan tries to conceal it, Joonmyun quickly catches him singing along too. They end up in a competition of who can sing the loudest or the highest, ending up in a fit of laughter by the time they reach Joonmyun’s brother’s house.

If someone had told Joonmyun after his first interview with Yifan that they would end up together by the end, he would have laughed in their face and told them to dream on. Now that he was there laughing and enjoying himself alongside Yifan, he just wishes he had acted upon his feelings sooner.