Chapter 2

Highschool Isn't Suppose To Be Like This

Aeri's POV (You)

 

“Calm down Aeri!” Jieun was trying to calm me down as much as she could but it wasn’t working quite well.

It was already bad enough that Jimin was now in my math’s class. But for him to sit right next to me was even worse. I mean WHY? Out of the three available places, why did it have to be next to me?

I’m never going to hear the end of this from his group of fan girl’s am I?

Before I could calm myself down Mrs Kim just had to announce that there was going to be a spot quiz on the homework that she had set yesterday.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So from today’s test we have,” Mrs Kim paused as she checked the results of the test “Park Jimin with full marks, as well as Song Jieun,” the way she said Jimin’s name was as if she didn't expect him to be able to get that result.

Yes even I had to admit that idiot was really smart, and I really mean it. He’s like good at every single subject, which is why he enjoys teasing me so much because I’m literally a failure when it comes to school.

“And at the bottom of the class we have Aeri, once again” I could tell her disappointment in the way that she said the last two words of her sentence. I’ve been in her class for 2 years including this one, and my grades have stayed the same the whole way – a low C. “Aeri I would like to talk to you after class.”

“Yes Miss.” I already knew what she was going to say

“Are you sure you even did the homework Aeri?” Jimin just had to say something right now in his most teasing tone, didn't he.

“Would you just shut up Jimin, I don't need crap from you today.”

He put his hands up as if in defeat “Wow Miss hot head, don't need to get feisty over maths now do we.” Then that signature smirk once again formed on his face again as he went back to work.

 

How many times does he smirk in a bloody day!

 

“Come on Aeri don't think about what he said to much he’s just teasing you,” Jieun tried to take my mind off Jimin and honestly it did help.

Class finally ended and everyone started packing their bags.

“I’ll wait for you outside, okay since we’re taking the bus home together anyway”

I nodded and walked to Mrs Kim’s desk. She waited for everyone to walk out the door before she said anything.

“Aeri I know you’re working hard on trying to improve your grades but after today’s test and all the other’s, I’m afraid that you might have to stay back a year with your maths results so low.” She sighed and waited for my response but I had none so I waited for her to continue. “If you aren’t able to pass the next test I will set you up with a tutor, which will most likely be someone in the class. But I just want to warn you it won’t be Jieun because I know that she isn’t able to explain things to you.”

“I understand Miss”

“You can go now, that was all I wanted to talk to you about. And keep in mind I don't want to have to do this but its so you can go to the next year with your friends okay?”

I nodded and left the room. I know she means the best, but it does hurts and annoys me deep down that even though I’m trying so hard, there’s no improvement. Jieun must have heard the whole thing because the first thing she asks when I walk out is if I’m okay. I give her a smile and say “Kaja (let’s go in korean)”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

We reach the bus stop (everyone takes the bus home in BTS) and we walk over to BTS and the girls. Jieun leaves my side to go stand with Suga, whilst Sunhee comes to my side as she can tell when something is wrong – and obviously V follows closely behind her.

“What’s wrong?” she made one of those faces that I wouldn't be able to lie to.

“I just got told I might have to stay back a year.”

“WHAT! WHAT DO MEAN STAY BACK A YEAR” V just had to shout it out to the whole group didn't he.

“V would you shut up!” Rapmonster was always the first one to tell V off. “She doesn't want the whole world to know about it.” I gave him a smile of appreciation and he returned it with one.

“That’s no surprise with the results that's she’s getting in maths,” Jimin said while smirking his face off again

 

COULD YOU AT LEAST SAY THAT WITHOUT SMIRKING? IS YOUR LIFE ALL ABOUT THAT SMIRK? I could literally punch him but I wasn't in the mood because of what Mrs Kim had just said

 

“Jimin shut up your just making her feel worse,” Jin nudged Jimin with a reasonable amount of strength for Jimin to complain to Jin it hurt.

 

“You want to talk about it?” Sunhee asked after the commotion died down a little.

 

“Not right now I’ll text you tonight.”

 

“Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Bus 7 arrives, Miyoung, J-hope, Hyunmi, V, Sunhee and Yoomi got on. And the rest of us get on bus 10. I forgot to mention that I live close to Jimin as well as hating him so much. Jieun gets off before I do and Jin, Rapmonster and Suga get off after I do. I get off at the same stop as Jungkook and stupid Jimin. Jungkook and Jimin walk behind me since I don’t really talk to them – the main reason being my hatred towards Jimin, I have nothing against Jungkook though – but once Jungkook takes a turn left to go to his house Jimin normally catches up to me and tries to start a conversation, normally I can easily brush him off but today wasn’t one of those days.

 

“So you might not be able to move up a year huh?”

 

“Could you just leave it Jimin.”

 

“Common I’m just curious.”

 

“Well I don't want to talk about it so could you just leave me alone.” My tone was harsh even to me. I hate Jimin but I don't normally talk like that, not even to him.

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to get…” I didn't quite hear what he said as his voice tailed off at the end, but him saying sorry to me? There’s a first for everything but for Jimin to apologize to me. Really?

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

After dinner Sunhee messaged me to talk about me not being able to pass to next year

(Your text is in – blue and Sunhee’s text is in – red)

So what happened?

Mrs Kim said I might not have to stay back a year cause of my maths results

That's terrible!

She said if I don't pass the next test which I most likely won’t she’s going to get someone in the class to tutor me. Oh yea and JIMIN MOVED TO MY CLASS. I mean out of all the classes why mine!

So that’s why you looked pissed and upset at the same time.

WELL IT’S JIMIN HOW CAN I NOT BE PISSED. I mean did you hear what he said when V shouted out that I might not be able move up a year.

Yea I know that was mean but he doesn't mean it. He’s joking around with you and you know very well that your reactions are enjoyable to watch. Even I enjoy teasing you about things. Especially when you had a crush on Taemin Sunbaenim.

Can we not talk about Taemin Sunbaenim. Those were dark days and since then I haven’t liked anyone else okay. Plus if my reactions were that great wouldn't everyone tease me. Why is it only Jimin that try’s to get on my nerves everyday?

Why do you talk about him all day Aeri? Do you have a thing for him?

Did she really just say that? She already knows how much I hate Jimin and she still decides to write this to me.

Okay I’m sorry, I was joking. I know you’re not replying because you’re pissed. Since you probably won’t talk to me till tomorrow I’m going to go now. It’s late and I’m really tired goodnight.

I tossed my phone to the side of my bed. She knows me too well and sometimes it wasn't a good thing. But in these types of situations I was glad I didn't have to point out the obvious to her.

Me, Lee Aeri liking Park Jimin the first guy I have literally hated this much, how is that even possible. How did Sunhee even come up with that?

 


That was what I thought back then…


A/N: Chapter 2 done! :D Hope you enjoy it please upvote and subscribe