Chapter 15

Highschool Isn't Suppose To Be Like This

Aeri’s POV

“Aeri!” I turned around to find Vernon waving to me from the opposite side of the cafeteria, who else would be shouting across the cafeteria (other then V of course). I waved to him as he slowly approached my table.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you were going to the school trip. It would be boring without you.”

Oh yeah the trip. Each year the school would take the students on a trip to encourage “bonding” and “learning how to work with each other”. This year we were going to Busan.  Everyone in the year seemed excited about it and it was only in a weeks time.

“Yeah I’m going.” What else would I reply?

“Great! It’s going to be heaps of fun, bye.” Vernon waved and I waved back.

I turned back around to have V and Sunhee looking at me weirdly.

“What?” They were literally doing the same creepy stare.

They looked at each other then Sunhee replied, “When did you and Vernon get so close?”

“We’re in the same Economics class and we sit together.” I wasn’t sure what they were trying to indicate by this.

“How long has the sitting together been.” V was emphasising the words “sitting together” and I was getting more lost by what they were trying to say.

“Um… Like a few months? Weeks? I don't know. Why would I keep track? Anyway what’s with you two, you guys look,” I paused, I needed to find the correct word. “suspicious of something. What is it?”

V and Sunhee looked at each other as if they figured something out, Sunhee looked surprised even.

“WHAT IS IT!” okay I didn't mean to get the whole tables attention but I have it now.

“Wow Aeri. What’s up with you, PMS?” Rapmon really? Really?!

I looked around the table, everyone was looking at me lost. Then V spoke up. “We were making her angry don’t worry about it guys just do what you were doing before.” Sunhee nodded her head in agreement, and everyone seemed pleased with the answer so they went back to talking in their individual groups.

“What is it?” I hissed at Sunhee and V. All they did was look at each other, almost as if asking each other whether or not they should tell me.

“Aeri we’ll tell you what we’re thinking once me and V are sure of that what we think is true. Deal?” Sunhee do you really think I can wait that long, I don't even know how long that will take. The main reason being because I have no idea what you guys are trying to say.

I rolled my eyes, “Fine. But that better not take to long.”

“Trust me Aeri I’m as curious as you are about it.” V seemed like he was telling the truth for a change.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Day of the trip

“IS EVERYONE HERE?” Mrs Kim was shouting from the front of the bus.

“YES,” everyone shouted back.

“Let’s go then.” She told the bus driver.

Everyone in BTS just happened to be in the same bus. So we were all at the back of the bus. I was seating with Soo Min to left and Jin then Jimin to my right, at the very back of the bus – I could feel the stares of their fangirls from the front of the bus, scary – while all the rest were in pairs (obviously because they were all couples).

Soo-min, Jin, Jimin and I kept on joking around so Mrs Kim kept on telling us off. And their fangirls kept giving me that look. There was Soo-min too! But I guess they think she’s innocent like I think she is too. But there was something about Soo-min that caught my eye.

 

Whenever Jimin makes a joke she blushes and giggles, but for Jin nothing just a normal laugh. No it can’t be. You’re probably over thinking things Aeri.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“We’re finally here!” V shouted as soon as he got off the bus.

“Thank god. If I was in that bus any longer I think my joints would be to stiff to move,” Typical Suga.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder. “Aeri why do you look like you’re deep in thought?” it was Sunhee. I was still thinking about Soo-min

 

It can’t be right?

 

I just smiled “Its nothing, just tired after the long ride.”

Before Sunhee could argue with me, Mrs Kim was instructing everyone to collect their bags and to figure out our rooming arrangements. I quickly ran off to get my bags and then to check who I was rooming with. I ended up with Soo-min and Hyunmi. I finally realized that we were literally in the middle of nowhere, well not completely. There is the hotel obviously but there were trees everywhere else – like a forest just the trees were not that tall. You could here the sound of water somewhere, which meant there was a stream or lake nearby. Even though it felt deserted it felt somewhat cosy at the same time, like a camp trip but we get to stay at a hotel.

“Before all of you go to your rooms, lunch is in half an hour. After that, our first activity will begin.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I finished unpacking my stuff before Soo-min and Hyunmi; I decided that I would take a look around the hotel. So I left Hyunmi and Soo-min to unpack.

“Remember to take a one of the three hotel cards with you. Just in case you we’re both not here when you comeback.” Hyunmi said as she tried to find something from her bags.

“I will. Bye.” I shout as I walk out the door. I can hear muffled replies once the door is closed.

I walk towards the elevator, press the down button and waited for it to arrive. I started playing on my phone since there was nothing else I could do. I hear a ding, indicating the elevator had arrived and waited for the doors to open. I finally looked up from my phone since in the corner of my eye I can see that the doors have opened. Standing there, at the back of the elevator is Jimin, he looks surprised – I guess – to see me. I felt myself go stiff like I was frozen stiff to the ground. I haven’t been in a confined place with him alone since that night. I couldn't move, my mind was telling my body to get into the lift already but all I could do was stare at him.

 

Out of all the people who it could be, it had to be Park Jimin.

 

The doors started to close; Jimin hurriedly leans forward to press the button that keeps the door open. Even though the doors have already tried to close once my body is still unwilling to move.

“Aeri,” It feels like the longer I stare the more I fall for him. “Are you getting in?”

My body finally unfreezes itself. “ Oh yes um… sorry, I was thinking about something.” I quickly get into the lift.

As the doors slowly close, the awkwardness rises.

“There’s still 15 minutes till lunch, what were you thinking of doing?” Jimin finally broke the silence.

“I thought of taking a walk, see the scenery I guess since there isn’t much else here to see.” I can hear Jimin chuckle.

“You and me really think alike, I thought of the same thing. Rapmon hyung and Suga hyung are having a nap, I thought I might as well be nice and leave them in peace and take a look around outside. Wanna go together?”

 

Being together with Jimin, alone, by myself, of course I don't mind but I don’t want it to be weird and awkward. But if I say no to him it’ll make it even more awkward right not. UGH! What to do?

 

“Okay” I say with a smile – I better not regret this.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Who would have known that the hotel had a rose garden at the back. It looks amazing. Jimin and I walk along the footpath just admiring the flowers. Even though it had been quiet since we got off the elevator. But it wasn’t awkward, it actually felt really comfortable just walking next to Jimin and looking at the roses. I checked my phone for the time, we only had five minutes till lunch now.

 

10 minutes already went by? That was quick.

 

“Jimin.”

I was going to tell him that we should head to lunch since there wasn’t much time left, but I lost my footing and I could feel myself falling – I don't know why my first reaction was to close my eyes. I waited for the hard surface that I would hit sooner or later. But all I felt was a hand that was planted on my back and hot air blowing at my face.

I opened my eyes slowly – still not believing that I was safe from the hard, cold ground. I found Jimin’s face a few centimetres away from me. 

 

So that’s why I didn't fall. WAIT! OMG! WHAT DO I DO?!

 

I didn't know what to do, I stared at Jimin completely mesmerized by how good looking he was – well is – and trust me if anyone was looking at us right now they would be like what the hell is this - especially his fan girls. Jimin looked like he was about to say something whenwe both heard someone cough oddly in the background – he was trying to get our attention away from each other, that feels so weird to say.

It was Jungkook; as soon as I saw him, I quickly got back onto my own feet. I have no clue what Jimin was doing because I was to embarrassed to look at him, while Jungkook was literally smirking his head off at us.

“Did I interrupt something?” Jungkook looked way to happy to be asking something like that.

“No.”  “Yes.” Jimin and I said at the same time, well I said no he said yes. This just made Jungkook’s smirk grow.

 

Wait! JIMIN SAID YES? WHY?

 

I finally brought myself to look at Jimin out of my curiosity to why he said yes. But the only expression that was on his face was pissed and it was definitely directed at Jungkook.

“Well seems like one of you is missing something. But either way we need to get to lunch before Mrs Kim bites our heads off. The hyungs told me to come and get you two.” Jungkook was either really excited about lunch or there was another reason to why he looked overly happy right now.

 

Wait am I the one missing something? Arghh… Whatever I can’t think on an empty stomach.

 

 

“I’ll go first, you guys look like you have something you want to talk about.” I started to walk back to the hotel.

Jungkook’s laughter could be heard as I walked away from them, while Jimin seemed to be cursing at him.

 

Wonder why Jimin’s so pissed…


A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. School just started over here and its my final year so i need to concentrate on my studies, i'll try and update as much i can. Sorry T.T. But i hope you guys enjoy this chapter :D Remember to upvote if you like it ^.^