Chapter 14

Highschool Isn't Suppose To Be Like This

Aeri’s POV

 

“So you’re saying that because of him, you were attacked by Soojung and her gang?”

“Didn’t I just say that J-hope?” This is going to take awhile.

“But when did you two even get close to each other?” I knew Suga was going to be the one to ask this.

“I guess I could blame V and Sunhee for that.” They both looked at me confused.

“What do you mean?” Sunhee said as she leant forward from her seat to see me better.

“You two were the ones that forced me to go to Rapmon’s party, which is when Jin got clingy to me.” Everyone at the table turned to Jin, making his face turn red.

V started waving his hands in the air. “Wait this still doesn't make sense. Why would Soojung attack you if Jin gets clingy to you?”

“I don't know.” The sarcasm in my voice dripping out, “Maybe because Soojung has a thing for Jin all of a sudden. Do I have to point out the obvious?”

Everyone at the table made and O-shape with their mouths. Finally getting what I was trying to say.  Then the bell rang, and everybody was on their feet.

 

Time for Maths with Jimin, Great!

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Class already started, when all of a sudden there’s a knock at the door. The Vice-principle walks in, “Mrs Kim could I talk to you for a minute.”

Mrs Kim nods her head then looks at us, “Continue your work, I’ll be back.”

As soon as Mrs Kim left the room, whispers started to float around the room.

 

“Did the school find out about what happened to Aeri last night?”

“BTS must have really made a dent in her face,”

“Who gossiped to the school though?”

 

That was just the bear minimum of what people were saying. I found Jimin’s eyes on me, he could clearly tell that I was listening to what people were saying.

He placed his hand on top of mine, I felt my heart skip a beat, “It’ll be alright it’s probably nothing.” He gave me a reassuring smile, I honestly hope that the school didn't find out about the fight because BTS has a bad track record as it is.

Just when I was about to walk out of the room and explain what happened last night wasn’t BTS’ fault, Mrs Kim walked in with a girl, average height, with long dark brown hair and a slim build.

“We have a new student today.” You could see some of the boys – well mostly the nerds – drooling at her already, the poor thing. “This is Oh Soo-Min she has just moved from Busan, so please make her welcome.” She looked like a lost lamb placed with a pack of wolves because of the way that the boys were looking at her.

“Mrs Kim, could we move a desk next to me and Jieun for Soo-Min?” The seats that were available were all next to boys. I don't think Mrs Kim is that mean that she would put the new kid next to a wolf that was practically ready to pounce at any moment.

“That’s a great idea, it will help Soo-Min settle in faster.” I went to a desk to connect to Jieun’s and my table. She seemed to look a bit relieved when Mrs Kim agreed to it too.

I let Soo-Min sit in the middle of Jieun and I, if she sat on the side with Jieun and I next to each other, I had a feeling that she might get ignored.

“Hi I’m Aeri and this is Jieun.” I said as I pointed to Jieun on the other side of her.

“I’m Soo-Min “ her voice was so quiet and a pink tint was coming across her face.

 

She’s so cute!

 

“Aeri before you go all creepy on her, don’t” Jieun saw through me already.

“Alright I won’t,”

“Ummm,” Soo-Min’s voice was shaky but it sounded like she wanted to ask a question.

“Yes?” both Jieun and I said at the same time.

“Who’s he?” She was gesturing to someone that was behind me – well technically it was to the left of me, I had my back to them because I was facing Soo-Min.

I turned around to find Jimin’s eyes on me – well technically it was on all three of us but let me have this moment okay, don’t judge me – “That’s Jimin,” If I don't introduce him who would.

He waved at Soo-Min making her go pinker again – red even. She waved back and Jieun started telling her about our group while I still staring at Jimin – sorry I couldn't help my self.

“What?”

Crap I was caught. “When are we going to meet again for our tutoring session?” I had to think of something okay.

“How about tomorrow after school? I’m busy today.”

“Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Soo-Min blended into our group really easily. It was as if she was always there. Since she and I were the only ones that didn’t have a boyfriend to care about, we were the closest. Sunhee kept on joking with her that she was stealing me away from her. Soo-Min being so innocent always apologized making Sunhee then feel bad which just made me laugh at the two. Vernon and I got close too he was like the boys in BTS he always made me laugh and it was funny how I felt so comfortable with him even though its only been like three weeks – I tend to take a lot of time to warm up to guys.

 

Jimin and I kept meeting in the library whenever we weren’t busy, Soo-Min came along to, since I felt really awkward with just being around him alone now. She wasn’t as stupid as I was but she wasn’t as smart as Jimin was so she was benefitting from coming too, it’s not like I was forcing her to come. She seemed to enjoy being around Jimin and I. I still hadn’t told her that I like Jimin, she was just to innocent in my mind for me to tell her about these things. There was also this air around Jimin and I now. You could feel there was something there - not strong enough to be tension but not small enough to be nothing. Everyone in the group could tell something was off between us but no one knew how to bring up the topic without one of us looking away and pretending we had no idea what they were talking about.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I think Aeri likes me. Okay that sounds weird especially since I treated her so badly back then. But she always blushing whenever I look at her, and I always catch her staring at me – well technically it’s because I’m staring at her too. I shouldn't have told her to ignore that kiss.

 

I kissed you because I like you Aeri. Because I didn't like that you were being hurt.

 

I realised my feeling to her when I kinda told Jungkook I kissed her – I can’t hide anything from him okay, he can like a read my mind I swear.

 

Flashback

I called Jungkook as soon as I dropped Aeri off home. I needed to talk to someone about it if I didn't I think I would explode.

“Hyung is Aeri alright?”

“Yea she’s fine, but I think I did something stupid kookie.”

“What did you do hyung?” he sounded so relaxed, while I was in a mental panic.

“I might have kissed her.”

“And you don’t know why am I correct?”

“What the hell kookie. How did you know that?”

“Because you are clueless to your own feeling.”

“What do you mean kookie?”

“What did you do to the girl that you liked in elementary school?”

“How am I supposed to remember that?” I have memory I barely remember what happened last year let alone like 7 years ago.

“You were mean to her, , annoyed her until she had enough and requested a transfer. Then you became so depressed when she left. Doesn’t the first part familiar.”

“Are you trying to say what I think you’re trying to say?”

“Yes hyung, just admit it already you like Aeri. You just ing kissed her for god sakes!”

 

My mind went blank. I like Aeri?

 

“I’ll call you back in a minute.”

“Yes, I’ll give you time to realise what I just said to you hyung. Bye.” I could literally hear Jungkook’s eyes roll over the phone when he hung up.

 

I like Aeri?

I like her?

I like Aeri…

 

End of flashback


A/N: So it turns out Soojung was attacking Aeri because of Jin and not Jimin ㅋㅋㅋ. How will things turn out now? Hope you guys like enjoy :D