Chapter 10

Highschool Isn't Suppose To Be Like This

Aeri's POV (You)

Jimin looked at me, a split second after, I quickly turned away. I could feel myself heat up from that split second eye contact; my heart beat thumping in my ears.

Out of anyone it could be, I fall for Jimin. Really?

“It should be fine now.” I quickly nodded at Jimin and left without making any eye contact.

 

My heart is beating so loudly I hope he can’t hear it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I forgot I had maths next, so I would have to deal with seeing Jimin anyway. Jieun was already at her seat, getting her stuff ready.

“Where’s Jimin? I thought he was the one helping you.”

“Oh, um, he’s coming.” I sounded strange – even to me. Jieun gave me a puzzled look but left me alone thinking that it was just me being weird like I always am.

Jimin walked in to class, and took his seat next to me. I could see him looking at me in the corner of my eye.

 

Stop looking at me or your going to make me blush! That and your fan girls’ will kill me too if they find out I have a crush on you. OH GREAT I JUST ADMITTED TO LIKING JIMIN.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks passsed and now I can clearly see I’ve fallen for Jimin. Jieun and Hyunmi found out my crush on him too, because they found it obvious I liked him – they’ve known me long enough to be able to tell when I like someone. Soojung and her minions haven’t bothered me yet so I presumed that that day was a mistake on her account, so I pretended like nothing happened. My tutoring sessions with Jimin were helping me with Maths a lot and he decided to help me with Chemistry to since I was pretty bad at that too. But if you were to watch us when he was tutoring me you would always see me hiding my face from him half the time. I didn’t need him seeing me blush every time I accidentally made eye contact with him or when he grabbed my hand to stop me from writing something wrong or when our legs brushed passed each other’s under the table. Minhyuk was also getting suspicious about my attitude towards Jimin. I hadn’t complained about Jimin to him for so long. Only a month ago I would be so pissed about Jimin, Minhyuk would only be able to but in when I shut up about Jimin’s teasing. Now he was asking what happened to the hatred that I had towards him. I would pretend that it was nothing and change the subject to one of the fashion brands that Minhyuk loves – it always works –, so I wouldn’t have to explain myself. It’s also cause we don’t talk that often anymore because our teacher decided on a seating plan and we were literally on different sides of the room, and because we barely talked during lunch or recess breaks.

One of the other popular groups, Seventeen, were holding a party today (A/N: Seventeen is another Kpop band, if you don't know them) and they had invited our group along. I was literally forced to go because Jin kept on saying how I was literally their ticket for being the centre of attention – which he loves being –, so I have no choice but to go or Jin said he would walk into my house and get me dressed and drag me to the party himself. V and Sunhee offered to pick me up but I said I would get there on my own – I can’t always be crashing with them I feel like a third wheel. Oh yeah, and there was a dress code to the party too. S.coups was the one holding the party (S.coups is the leader of Seventeen) and he was one of the rich kids in our school, so he was able to book a ballroom at one of the hotels in the city – the hotel’s called Pearl – for their party. The invite said that the males were to wear suits and the females were to wear a dress that was of floor length. I swear it was just so they looked hell fancy compared to the rest of us. I had to go out shopping the day before just to find a dress that was appropriate to wear to the party, that and I wanted to look good in front of Jimin too – I actually can’t believe I just said. But I found one that was really nice and was actually within budget.

I put on my make up and did my hair then grabbed the dress from my wardrobe and put it on. The party starts at 7 and mum offered to drive me there. It takes like 30 minutes to get there from my house. And it was already 6:45 and she was still taking her time doing her stuff.

“Don’t worry! You’re probably going to be the first one there anyway. What’s the matter with being a little late.” If dad heard that he would be telling mum off. He always likes being there on time or early – like me, but I have no other from of transport other than a bus, which takes even longer so I had no choice but to wait.

We finally leave the house at 6:55 – I don’t even know what she was doing for 10 minutes. There’s a slight delay on the roads since it’s like peak hour right now, thank god my brother was being so good or I would have been way more pissed. I feel my phone vibrating in my bag. Its Jin – can’t remember when he got mine or when I got his number but I have it.

“Where are you Aeri!” he sounds like a parent looking for his lost child.

“Jin don’t shout! You’re going to make me deaf.”

“Sorry, its just cause everyone’s here already and you aren’t. I thought that you might actually be ditching us at the last minute.” Jin’s become really attached to me in a brotherly sense since Rapmon’s birthday party, I feel like his little sister. I looked at the digital clock that we have in the car, it was 7:05pm, which means the party just started.

“I’m just caught in traffic and because my mum decide to leave the house like 10 minutes ago. I’ll be there in like 30 minutes, don't worry Jin, I may hate parties but I keep my promises,”

“Okay, I’ll see you then.” Jin hung up and I looked my mum.

“You know everyone’s there already and I’m stuff here in traffic with you.”

“You can make an entrance since you’re late and you’re always welcome to walk all the way to the venue from here if you want.” I roll my eyes; I decide to look through instagram to keep my mind off how late I am.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I finally get to the hotel and its already 7:30pm.

 

So much for being the first one here.

 

I go into the foyer and ask for directions of how to get to the ballroom. They point me in the right direction and I’m left guessing if I’ve actually got the directions right. I find large double doors with a piece of paper at the front that read “S.coups” I presume that this was the right room and opened the doors – they were really heavy. The doors makes a sound as I open them, I’m met with a flight of stairs that go downwards to where everyone seems to be talking or at their tables conversing with their regular groups. Everyone seems to look up as I slowly make my way down the stairs – I don’t want to trip on my heels as I climb down, that would be embarrassing.

 

Jin would literally love being in my position right now, everyone staring at me, which is what I hate. Ugh, why did I agree to come to this party?

 

After what seems like forever to me, I reach the bottom of the stairs.

 

Now I need to navigate my way through the crowd of people and find my group.

 

I could feel stares coming from all corners of the room, Vernon – a member of Seventeen, who’s in one of my classes, Economics to be precise – came up to me as I was looking around like a lost lamb.

 

“Aeri!” he sounded annoyingly enthusiastic about this party, but he looks amazing in a suit, “I never knew you looked so pretty.” He said while looking me up and down. It feels like de ja vu to me, this is literally what happened at Rapmon’s party as well, does it really have to happen again? But Vernon wasn’t there so I guess I can tolerate him.

“Thanks for the compliment. But have you seen Sunhee or someone that's in my groups?”

“Yea, they’re all sitting down at one of the table in the middle section. Can I offer you a drink before you go off to them?”

 

Is he trying to flirt with me right now?

 

“Um, no it’s okay. But thanks anyway I’ve made my friends wait long enough for me, I think I should find them first.” Vernon looked a little dejected from what I said but left with a smile on his face.

I started walking in the direction of when Vernon had said that my group was, I could feels the stares directed at me as I walked through the crowd.

 

Oh common, I don't stand out that much now. Do I?

 

My eyes find my group located on the left middle of the tables. I was about 5 tables away before Jin noticed me and waved. I waved back, wanting to continue walking to their table but a hand caught my wrist. It was Minhyuk.

“Are you trying to make the boys fall for you or what Aeri?” Minhyuk’s gave me one of his devilish smiles. “I thought I had seen the best of Lee Aeri at the last party, but I guess I wrong.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment, and I might be trying to make one guy fall for at least.” The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them. Minhyuk’s eyes were literally coming out of their sockets.

“Did I just hear right? Lee Aeri trying to impress a boy? After Taemin sunbae, I thought you wouldn't like another guy in high school, but I guess not. So who’s the lucky guy?” Minhyuk knows about all the guys I’ve liked in high school – that’s why I classify him as one of my best friends – so I knew I would have to tell him about Jimin sooner or later.

“I’ll tell you at school when less people are around, Minhyuk. I don’t need the whole school to find out on Monday, after the weekend.”

“Common Aeri! Just tell m-”

“Minhyuk!” one of Minhyuk’s friends, Sungjae, was waving his hand around, telling Minhyuk to go to him.

“Your getting off with this now but you better tell me, I’ll be leaving first then.” He waved as I did the same.

 

At least I have time to prepare myself for his reaction.

 

I finally get to my groups table after my little chitchat with Minhyuk.

“So the talk of the party finally has finally gotten to our table I feel honoured.” Rapmon’s sarcasm caused laughter across the table.

“I didn’t mean to be late okay. I’m sorry but there was traffic and my mum decided that Pearl was only a five minutes, when really it's a thirty minute one,”

“Don't mind him Aeri, he was actually worried for you. Well all of us were since it was taking you so long. But anyway come sit down.” Jin saved a seat next to him and V for me.

I hadn’t noticed that Jimin’s eyes were focused the whole time, until I took my seat next to Jin and looked straight at him. He quickly looked away and started talking to Jungkook. His face turned red after what Jungkook said to him, Jungkook was laughing, as he looked annoyed and his cheeks slowly turning redder.

 

I wonder what Jungkook said.


A/N:Chapter 10 done! :D Hope you enjoy it please upvote and subscribe. Can you imagine BTS in suits now! They would look awesome. Wish I could meet them in real life ;-;