Chapter 13

Highschool Isn't Suppose To Be Like This

Aeri's POV (You)

I’m still in a complete daze.

 

Did Park Jimin really just kiss me?

 

I heard Jimin’s door close, so I quickly – as quickly as my injured body could move – got back into my seat and closed the door. The ride back to Jimin’s house was silent, this time not because it was tense, but because both of us were a both confused as to what happened– well I was confused I don't know about Jimin.

Jimin pulled into his driveway without me realizing, since he got to my door before I could even react. He offered me his hand, and I looked at it blankly.

 

Should I accept his help? Or not? I think I can walk on my own right now.

 

“It’s okay Jimin. I should beable to walk on my own now.”

“Okay.”

Our voices both came out as whispers, like we didn't want anyone to hear what we were saying. Jimin went to open the door as I got out of the car by myself. He held the front door open as I walked into his house.

“Have a seat on the couch. I’ll go and get some ice as well as some ointment.” Jimin said as we reached the leaving room.

I was left waiting for Jimin to comeback on the couch. My mind was still replaying what happened a few minutes ago in my head. My hand unconsciously moved to my lips and traced over them.

 

Did it really happen? Or did I bang my head so hard against the wall when Soojung hit me that I’m hallucinating?

 

Jimin walked back into the room. I quickly pulled my hand back down back to the side of me.

“I’ve got two ice packs so put it where it hurts most.” I took the ice packs from him and placed them one each side of my abdomen.

“Er… this might sounds weird but could you role up your dress?” I raised my eyebrow and looked at him. “I’m not being a , it’s just I think you might have some bruises on your legs.”

Even in this type of situation Jimin could make me giggle. I rolled up my dress to my knees. As he suspected there were a few on my legs.

“They kicked you too, didn't they?”

I just nodded in response to Jimin’s question. I was honestly scared that Jimin would angry again like he did before.

He sighed quite loudly at me. “ You don’t need to be scared. I don't blame you for it. It’s just that you should have asked for help. If you had, you wouldn't look like this or be in pain.”

 

Jimin your actions this past hour have been confusing and you’re just making it even more confusing. Don’t let me get my hopes up Jimin, and then get them shattered into pieces as soon as you realized this was just a mistake.

 

“Do you feel hurt anywhere else? I probably can’t do anything about it but your arms seem fine, so there’s nothing left for me to do.”

“It’s just my ribs I think they’re bruised, but they should be fine by tomorrow” – I hope since we have school tomorrow. Yes I know what am I thinking, going out and I have school tomorrow, sorry not sorry. – “I feel fine everywhere else, I probably couldn’t walk properly because they kicked my legs.”

“I’ll take you home. The party ended about 20 minutes ago so your parents would probably be wondering why you haven’t called.”

 

They would have called if they were worried. They trust me enough and know that Sunhee would probably drop me off home, so I don't have to explain why I didn't call them and ask them to pick me up.

 

“Ok.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I forgot that Jimin only lived like a street a way from me. So it only took like 1 minute to get to my house. I thanked Jimin and was just about to get out of the car when Jimin called my name.

“Aeri! Um… About before.” He sounded really nervous and was rubbing the back of his neck.

“Huh?” I’m really slow okay. It took me a few seconds to register what he was talking about. “Oh right that.” My voice was a quiet as a mouse when I finally realised what Jimin was referring to.

“Could we er, like not mention it to anyone. I don’t know what got into me. I was probably so angry and annoyed that you were shouting at me too, so I thought that the easiest way to shut you up was…yea. So um could we just leave it till I figure out what’s going on in my head?”

I nodded and waved goodbye. I quickly walked away from his car so that he couldn’t see how upset I looked. I took out my keys from my bag, quickly unlocked the door and went to my room. I got out of my dress and into my comfy PJ’s and fell straight onto my bed.

 

I knew it was to good to be true.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When I got up this morning my ribs still felt really sore but much better then yesterday. I wore long pants to school – even though its only early fall – since I didn't need everyone staring at me while I walk through the corridor.

I was already at school and getting my books that I needed from my locker. I suddenly felt someone jump onto my back and hug me. I let out a groan since it made my ribs hurt, but it obviously didn't faze who was holding onto me.

“Are you okay? I heard what happened from Sunhee, does it still hurt anywhere,” it was Hyunmi. She just jumped on me and she’s asking whether I’m still hurt. Sometimes I question whether her brain functions properly.

“Hyunmi you literally putting all your weight on me is making the pain comeback.”

“Oh my gosh I’m sorry,” she quickly released me from her grasp. “I didn’t –,”

“Don’t worry about it Hyunmi, you know I can tolerate pain really well.” As I finished my sentence I saw Jimin walk into the corridor and a flashback of what happened last night played in my head.

“Aeri, your turning red. What’s –,” her eyes followed my eyes to find Jimin. “Oh, that's why, but Aeri you never get this bad. Did something happen yesterday that I need to know about.” The teasing tone in her voice could easily be heard. She may have a bad brain but she’s great at teasing people, I’ll admit that.

“No, and I need to get to English which is on the other side of the school so I’m going now.” I didn't need to face him right now – and I didn't know how to either, even though I spent like another hour with him after that kiss thing I still don’t know how to face him now –, especially since I have Hyunmi with me. I quickly walked off to my class so that I didn't have to talk to him when he reached his locker.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I took my seat and waited for the teacher, as well as everyone in the class to arrive. V was the second one to arrive after me he looked puzzled when I looked up from my phone.

“What?” He only gives me that look when he’s about to ask something.

“Why didn't you wait for me at the locker like you always do? Jimin told me you already left or I would still be waiting for there.” V and I always walk together to class on a Monday morning, I obviously forgot since I was to caught up in my thoughts.

“Sorry V. I kinda forgot.” I said while scratching the back of my neck. “I was thinking about something and forgot about my surroundings,” I needed something to get out of this without V becoming a whiny kid.

“Fine I’ll let you off this time. But” oh great there’s a but “ you need to tell me who your crush is.” My eyes doubled in size within one second.

“What are you talking about?” Sunhee what did you say to V.

“I KNEW IT! Who is it? You’re really bad at lying you know. Common tell me who it is.” How is it that even V can tell when I’m lying?

“What did Sunhee tell you?” She could be the only reason V could even think of something like this.

“She didn't tell me anything. She indicated without realising to me that you like someone. I can read her even more then I can read you so it was easy to tell.” This is why I don’t like V, he tell what people are thinking about so easily.

“If you’re so good at reading people then figure out who it is.”

I had no intention of telling V because of his big mouth. Before he could ask me again who it was the teacher walked in and told us to be quiet.

 

Saved by the teacher, never thought I would say that.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I walked out of the class room before V had a chance to ask who it was again and since I have economics next he won’t be walking the same direction as me.

“Aeri!” I turned around to see Vernon waving his hand and running towards me.

“Hi,” he doesn't really talk to me often but I guess last night must have made an impression on him – I don't know if that's a good thing.

“I heard about what happened to you are okay?” So words gotten around about Soojung’s attack on me great!

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Why did she even attack you?” No ones asked me that yet. I only found out last night why she was attacking me too. But I guess the reason can easily be dealt with.

“Over something trivial.” We walked into economics and took our seats.

Minhyuk walked into class a few seconds after us, he looked at me with concern and quickly walked to his seat.

“Are you okay? How bad are you hurt? Why did Soojung target you? If I saw her right now I would kill her. Do you want me and the boys to have a word with her?”

“Minhyuk calm down. I’m fine. You don't need to have a word with her I think BTS has already done that. They probably won’t do it again since I know the reason why they attacked me, before you ask me what it is, don't worry about it. Its nothing serious.” Minhyuk was still looking at me worried. But his face slowly changed to show that he trusted the words that I had said.

“If they ever attack you again, they’re going to face the forces of BTS and BTOB as well.” I smiled at Minhyuk’s remark and got my books out of my bag.

“Oh right!” Minhyuk’s eyes suddenly lit up. “Who’s the lucky boy?” Oh crap he remembers what I said yesterday.

I looked away trying to avoid his eager puppy dog eyes.

“Common! You said you would tell me!”

“Fine! But keep your voice down.” Here goes nothing.

“Wait! Let me guess who it is first.”

“Go ahead. Let’s see how well you know me.”

“Hmmmmm. It’s Jimin isn’t it?”

 

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THIS KID KNOW ITS JIMIN?!

 

“Your eyes are going to fall out of your head soon.”

“How do you know?” I can’t be that obvious can I?

“I saw you and him walking out together last night after the Soojung incident. The look in your eyes said it all to me. It was the same way you looked at Taemin Sunbae.” Really that’s how Minhyuk knows. I’m not even going to ask how my eyes look.

As the teacher walked into class he didn’t look very happy – and I think the class being really loud wasn’t helping. He set his books down on his table and waited for the class to quiet down. But I no one in the class seems to notice that he had already walked in. He slammed his hand against the table earning a jump from everyone.

“It seems that a rearrangement in this classroom is in order.” What does he mean? “I’ll be assigning the seats in the class starting from today.” You’ve got to be kidding me. We’re in high school – and our second last year – and your having a seating arrangement.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So we meet again.” Vernon took his seat next to me. His smile said it all, he was happy that he was next to me.

 

Does Vernon have fan girls to because if he does I’m screwed once again. Why am I so unlucky?

 

Sitting with Vernon was actually a lot better then I thought it would be. He’s a really funny and weird guy, honestly different from the cool and cold exterior he has. He reminds me a bit of V (A/N: please no hate for comparing the 2 this is just a fanfic.). Every few minutes he would make me laugh with his weird antics, nearly getting us in trouble each time too. If the teacher was trying to make the class quieter then he made the wrong move putting me next to Vernon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Okay, Vernon you gotta stop I’m getting cramps from laughing so much.” I wiped the tears that were coming out of my eyes from laughing to much as Vernon and I walked into the cafeteria. When I could finally see clearly since they were blurry from the tears I could see Jimin at our table glaring at me and Vernon from our table.

 

What’s with him?

 

 

I got to our table and sat next to V and Suga, there were no other seats available.  Everyone turned silent and was literally staring at me so intensely I felt like holes were being put through me.

“What?” Honestly the least they could do is say something.

“Are you going to tell us why you were beat up or are you going to keep us in the dark once again?” Rapmon sounded really serious.

 

Rapmon why are you so harsh on me? What did I do wrong?

 

“I had no clue why they cornered me,” then I looked away from them. “at first.” I said quietly but loud enough for V and Suga to hear me.

“At first?” V you really never know when not to say anything do you?

“Which means they told you after why they were. Didn't they?” Jhope said from across the table.

 

Should I tell them? Its going to be really weird though. UGH! But they’re not going to shut up still I say it.

 

“Yea they did.” And now its going to sound really weird if I don’t explain this properly. “Its because of him.”


A/N: Here's another chapter for you guys. Wondering who "him" is? So am I ㅋㅋㅋ