THREE

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh look, it’s the thief.”

 

Someone said aloud, pointing fingers at a certain girl and everyone at the hallway turned around to see what was the commotion about. The said girl looked down at the ground, not daring to look up because she knows someone would be glaring at her if she did and she doesn’t want to break down in public.

 

“She should get expelled.” One said pointing accusing fingers at the girl.

 

“She’s so pretty, didn’t know she was a thief. Don’t judge a book by its cover, you know?”

 

Some agreed while some couldn’t care less about her. It was until one girl started throwing crumpled paper and rubbish at her. Others followed suit and started throwing their waste papers at her. Her fingers curled tightly into a fist and she was starting to tremble in fear. She’s scared.

A boy starting a few meters away couldn’t stand still at the sight. He wanted to go help if only his friend didn’t hold on him.

 

“Don’t. You’ll get yourself in trouble.”

 

“But-”

 

He watches her as she walks past him with her face down. Someone tried to trip her and Jungkook, despite the older one’s word, was fortunately there to catch her.

 

“T-thanks.”

 

He swears he saw a tear rolled down her cheeks and he didn’t know why but it somehow stings his heart when she thanked him softly before walking away. How can people be so heartless? Or was he just the only one feeling pity towards her?

 

 

As she walks past a few girls to get to her desk, someone tried to trip her once again and being completely oblivious to their prank, she tripped over and knocked her wrist against the sharp edge of the table. Groaning in pain, she held her wrist in her hands, softly rubbing the part where it is starting to get swollen. It hurts as if her wrist is going to dislocate itself but not a single classmate walked over to help.

She bit back her tears as she got up from the floor, walking over to her seat which was now full of mean comments doodled on it. She puts her book all over the table to cover up her table.

No one wants to sit near the girl in case she plans to steal their things. No one dared go near her because one of those queenkas, Hani warned everyone not to care or talk to the girl. She looked out of the window, avoiding their gaze.

Stealing is a crime. And the culprit deserved to be punished so that they learn from their mistakes. But is this the right way? Does she really deserve to be punished this harsh? Over a small amount of money, don’t you think it’s a little too harsh to get picked on like this?

At the back of the class, Jungkook still had his eyes on the girl. He thinks she’s innocent, no wait. He knew she was innocent. Even though Jimin told him not to interfere, he can’t help himself because he knew the truth. He was a witness to this crime and he thinks someone purposely set this up. But who? And, why?

Just yesterday, he saw her helping the school gardener who is old to water the flowers in the garden during break when everyone was enjoying their food in the cafeteria. It was the exact same time when they accused her for stealing Hani’s money. The funny thing was, Jungkook was there the whole time, watching as Hyemi helped the gardener.

Just what happened in between?

 

 

The homeroom teacher suddenly walked in and everyone scattered back to their places.

 

“Nam Hyemi, the principle wants to see you.”

 

He announced and the said girl turned her gaze from the window to the teacher. Everyone snickered from their seats. Finally, she’s going to get expelled from the school. All of them thought. Hani smirked and gave Hyemi thumbs down, mouthing ‘Loser’.

Nervously grabbing onto the hem of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter