TEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When is this going to end?”

 

Hyemi groaned, adjusting the desks and chairs neatly in a straight line. She looked up at the analog clock hanging on class wall and sighed. It shows 5.20 pm and Hyemi is feeling very sleepy. Her one month community service started a few days ago and she had been staying back in school day after day together with Eunji to clean up the school compound. Unfortunately for her, Eunji received an emergency call from the hospital regarding her mother’s surgery and she has to leave. Hyemi said she would do Eunji’s share for that day and told her to leave.

Chorong and the rest offered to help Hyemi clean the class when they found out about Eunji’s mother’s condition but Hyemi declined or rather reject help from them saying that it’s her job. A few days after the incident with Hani, Eunji introduced Hyemi to some of her girl friends which they openly welcomed the new member to join their group. They called themselves Apink, mainly because all of them really love the color pink and it consists of Chorong, Eunji, Bomi, Namjoo, Naeun, Hayoung and now, Hyemi. They knew what happened to Hyemi and felt sorry that she got treated like this upon joining school for only 3 days. And now, she had to go through a month community service as her punishment.

No one know what happened that day in the office between the principle and Hani until today. It remained a question mark but at least now, no one utter a word about that incident and everyone was slowly finally accepting Hyemi. She was worried if Hani decided to do anything to her as revenge but that thought have to be put away for now because there’s a bigger problem ahead of her.

Now, she regretted not accepting their offer to help.

Staring at all the unfinished chores, Hyemi knows it’s going to be a long day.

There are about 40 classes in the school and she’s supposed to clean it all by herself now. She started with the ones at the second floor, then first floor and lastly, the classes downstairs. By the time she got to the last class, it’s already late in the evening and she’s too tired to even blink an eye. She just wants to close them and get a good nap.

Abandoning the messy class, she found a rather clean desk and sat on it, letting her thoughts wander around the unknown banana milk that would be on her desk every morning without fail. And not to forget that he or she left a encouraging message to her. Why was he or she giving her milk? She asked Eunji and the others but the they all denied it. Who would it be? Even though she had no idea who it was, she was thankful for it because all his or her notes made her worries away.

She rests her head on the table, wanting to rest for five minutes. She must have been very tired because once she laid her head on the table, she fell deep asleep.

 

 

 

“Guys, I’ll go first!”

 

Jungkook called out to his friends who were still playing soccer at the field. His whole body felt sticky and sweaty from all the soccer training in the afternoon. They’re preparing for the tournament in a few weeks time and their coach wouldn’t let them go unless they could shoot with their eyes close which is almost impossible. The coach wouldn’t go easy on them because he takes this competition seriously as he’s going to retire in the following year. This might be his last time coaching the team as a teacher.

Jungkook tiredly drags his legs down the corridor, wiping the visible sweats off his neck with the small towel he had with him when he passed by a class which still has its lights on. He stopped in his tracks and wondered if they forgot to switch off the lights when t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter