ELEVEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of the subway where everyone was busy with themselves, stood Hyejoo looking extremely bored out. She kept checking her watch, keeping track with the time because one certain boy was running late. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, and 30 minutes passed and still no sign of Jung Hoseok.

Hyejoo taps her foot impatiently, slightly leaning against the pole. Her stomach grumbles and she touch her tummy. She hasn’t eaten anything since the morning and this nerve of the jerk to keep her waiting. She took out a packet of biscuit that her sister managed to give it to her before leaving this morning.

 

“Unnie is still the best!”

 

Taking a big bite of the oat cookie, she looked around the subway. That day, they’ve come to an agreement to take the train to Busan. It’s not too far from Seoul and Hyejoo thinks it’s the perfect place to film their video.  Hyejoo did some research on growth and it’s mainly about a growing child into an adolescence and later on, into an adult. There’s nothing interesting to write about that and she bets everyone would have the same idea.

 

“That boy is going to be the end of me.”

 

She muttered under her breath and sighed, throwing the wrapper into the nearest bin. Fishing her phone out from her pocket, Hyejoo tried once again calling him. She stared at the caller ID and cursed for a moment before pressing the dial button. It rings once, twice, thrice and finally, he picked up. Hyejoo screamed at him and got herself a few weird stares from the passerby.

 

“He-”

 

“I’M GOING TO COUNT TO 3. IF YOU’RE STILL NOT HERE, I’M BETTER OFF MYSELF.”

 

She hung up immediately and tossed her phone into her bag, annoyed. She stretched out her tired fingers and slowly counted to three.

 

One.

Two.

Three.

 

Still no sign of the boy.

 

Crossing her arms, Hyejoo took all her belongings and heads towards the train waiting for the next train to arrive. She knows it’s impossible for him to arrive that fast. Three seconds? Are you kidding him?

The sound of the shrieking train tracks made her head turned to the right. When the door slide opens, she waits for the passengers to walk out before going in. She found empty seats at the end of the train so she settled down, resting her back against the seat.  

 

“Jung Hoseok, I knew you were nothing good-”

 

Just when the train announced the doors to closed, a boy managed to jump into the train just in time. He held onto the pole at the side for support as he tried to catch his breath. He looked around the train in search of one grumpy girl and when he finds her sitting at the end of the train, he sighed in relief.

 

‘Thank god I didn’t miss her.’ He thought slowly approaching the girl. When she was not realizing, he plopped down in the seats next to her, startling her. When Hyejoo looked up, she was startled but angry at the same time.

 

“Finally here, huh?”

 

Hyejoo crossed her arms and scoffed which Hoseok returns with a tired nod. Anyone would have thought it was an irritating sight to see such y girl but for Hoseok, he managed to smile. The girl didn’t catch on that because she was busy being angry at him and holding onto her growling stomach. Unfortunately for her, Hoseok heard it.

 

“I’m sorry for being late kay? There’s traffic.”

 

He lied. He could have reached twenty minutes ago if he didn’t stop by the convenience store to get snacks for the train trip. And it also took longer than necessary because the boy debated on the chips flavor. He had no idea what Hyejoo would liked between BBQ and cheese so after ten minutes of just standing there thinking, he got both the flavors and bought some juice as well. That explains why his back pack was full.

 

“You must be hungry. Here, have some.”

 

He offered a few snacks which the girl’s eyes widen in joy at the sight of food but she’s not giving in so easily. She’s still mad. J-Hope must have catch on that because he took out the juice and waved it in front of her face, luring her.

 

“Don’t be mad, kay?”

 

“Who said I was mad?”

 

And th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter