FIFTEEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again, why am I here?”

 

“To have fun?” Hoseok said as a matter of fact, as if it wasn’t obvious enough to her.  

 

“I would, if someone didn’t practically drag me here.”

 

Hyejoo shot back, rolling her eyes at him with her arms crossed. She glances at the others who were already getting into the mood of playing games.

 

“Yah! You should have let me call my friends as well. This is awkward.”

 

She said, her fingers softly brushing against the steering wheel of the race car. It was awkward with them because they weren’t close yet and being the only girl present is not really what she was planning to spend the rest of the day with.

 

“But, you’re not awkward with me. Come on.”

 

Hoseok grabs Hyejoo’s wrist and pulled her with him to the basketball booth. He inserts 5 tokens into the slot before turning to the confused girl who raised a brow at him.

 

“Play with me.”

 

And the next second, Hyejoo finds herself standing next to Hoseok in her ready position as he pressed the play button. About 6 to 7 basketball came rolling down the slant plat. Hyejoo was originally bad at this so her first few balls missed the net. On the other side, Hoseok was doing pretty well shooting the ball. After a few more tries, she kind of mastered the skill with the right strength and she began scoring points.

Her smile grew brighter with every score she managed to shoot. And instead of focusing on shooting, Hoseok’s attention was diverted to the girl next to him. He could feel him heartbeat rapidly increasing and just suddenly, it felt as if the room temperature increased. He couldn’t care less if they lost because he is fully enjoying the sight in front of him.

 

Game Over.

 

The monitor reads and Hyejoo couldn’t stop smiling.

 

“It’s fun. Can we do it again?”

 

“Nah, let’s try another game. We can come back later.”

 

Hyejoo nods and turned around in search of any interesting and fun game to play. The green ‘Hit the Mole’ machine at the corner of the arcade caught her attention. She remembers playing it with her sister when they were younger and their brother would watch them from the side, giving them orders to hit right and hit left but refused to play when they offer him because he says it's childish.

 

“Let’s try that.”

 

Hoseok turns to where she pointed and was rather amused at her choice.

 

“Hit the Mole? Seriously?”

 

“Come on…”

 

She drags the male with her after linking arm with him. At that contact, he looked down at their linked arms and felt butterflies in his stomach. Just what is she doing to him? He’s not feeling like himself.

Holding the rather small hammer in his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter