NINETEEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Nam Hyemi! Wake up will you? Don’t you know how expensive the hospital bills are? Stop playing dead and just wake up!”

 

Hyejoo couldn’t take it anymore. Hyemi is still unconscious and had showed no sign of waking up. Did something went wrong with the surgery? Why is she still not waking up?

 

“It’s been more than a week already! Please don’t scare me like this, unnie-ah.”

 

Hyejoo held onto the older one’s hand tightly. She’d took a few days off from work to take care of Hyemi so she’d been spending the last few nights at the hospital, only returning home to wash up and attended school in the morning. It feels weird at home without the other one. It just felt so empty.

The older one on the other side, showed no sign of waking up.

Sighing in defeat, Hyejoo massaged her aching temple and plop down two painkiller pills that she kept in her pocket. She had no idea if it has anything to do with Hyemi’s surgery but she’d been feeling sick these few days. The sudden massive headache all of the sudden did not help at all.

 

“Urghhh!”

 

Hyejoo let out a frustrated cry and brush her hand through her hair in frustration. Turning to leave, she decided to take a short walk at the park nearby to somehow release her tension. At that exact moment, Hyemi’s fingers moved but Hyejoo missed the sight of it and left.

 

 

 

Leaning her back against the bench, hugging her knees close to her chest, at a shady area of the park just around the corner, Hyejoo stared blankly at the kids that is playing on the swing at the playground. There are two of them and they seem to be siblings seeing how they look so much alike. The younger looking one sat on the swing while the older one pushes her. They looked really happy and are having a fun time together.

At that sight, Hyejoo was reminded of how the three of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter