THIRTEEN

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After putting her homework book in her backpack, packing all the necessary things, Hyejoo went down stairs to have breakfast expecting the older twin to be there already. She called out for her sister but there was no answer. She called out for the second time but she stop mid way when she found a sticky note on the refrigerator.

 

‘Joo, I went to school early. The sandwich is on the table. See you!’

 

Why did she leave for school this early? Hyejoo thought glancing at the clock. It reads 7.20 in the morning. It’s too early to be at school at this hour and the sky is still dark. She took the sandwich that Hyemi prepared beforehand and took a big bite of it. It’s her favorite tuna sandwich and her sister had made extra for her to bring to school.

Hyemi was always well prepared with the things Hyejoo needs. Just the best sister in the world you could ever wished for.

 

 

The cold wind that blew past her, sending shivers down her spine as she tried to warm herself by creating friction on her palms. She rubs her cold forearm, hugging it close to her and pulls her sleeves, covering her exposed skin, completely hiding in her navy blue jacket.

It’s her third attempt trying to arrive to school early. Since a week ago, she has been wanting to find out about her banana milk friend but something would get in her way. It’s either she’s a step late or she just fell asleep on her desk while waiting. Anyway, she’s determined to find out about it. She wants to thank him or her for the wonderful messages that they left her every morning and it doesn’t hurt wanting to be friends.

 

“Why is it so cold?”

 

She stutters, slightly shivering. The corridor to her class is still dark but far ahead, the lights in her classroom is lit up. She heeled in her steps before slowly making her way to the door, softly not making any noise. She didn’t want her plan to fail this time round. Secretly peeking from the sides of the door, indeed, there was a figure standing by her desk. Peeking further in, as expected, there’s banana milk on her desk.

She waits a little longer, hoping that she could catch a glimpse of him because he has his back facing her. Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter