TWENTY-ONE

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo smiled tiredly to herself as she walked her way to school. She got a little bit more of a rest because Jungkook took half of her burden away last night, offering to take care of Hyemi. She’s really grateful of him but something else made her really happy. It’s no other than Jung Hoseok.

She used to hate him because he is a pain in the and an all time jerk but thinking back, Hyejoo couldn’t help but laugh. She couldn’t believe it either but she thinks she had fallen for him. Yes, she likes the devil Jung Hoseok. In fact, she likes him a lot. All thanks to him, she felt better last night after crying with his company. Though, she will only keep it to herself for now because it would be embarrassing to confess. She didn’t even know if he felt the same for her. She’ll wait.

 

“Nam Hyejoo!!!”

 

Hyejoo stopped in her tracks when she heard a familiar voice calling out for her name. She turned around only to be enveloped into a big bear hug, choking the girl in broad daylight. She barely managed to croak out ‘Can’t breathe’ and the older one immediately let go.

 

“Opps, sorry.”

 

“Come on, I just left home 10 minutes ago. What are you doing out here? Don’t you need to go to work?’

 

Joohyuk shrugs and drapes his long arm on her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

 

“Can’t I walk my lil sister to school?”

 

Hyejoo made a face at him but didn’t push him away. She knew the older one just wanted to spend some time with her because he seldom gets to. Working as an office worker and feeding three teenage mouths at the same time, he didn’t get to come home often. She didn’t notice this before but he looked like he aged 5 years in one week. She also notices those dark eye bags underneath his tired eyes getting thicker than it already was after Hyemi’s accident. Thankgoodness Hyemi bought insurance or else it would be really hard for JooHyuk to pay for the hospital bills.

Although he always had a smile on for them, it didn’t cover the fact that their brother here is working too hard and they’re worried that it would affect his health. And now that Hyemi is still lying unconscious in bed, it worries Hyejoo even more. What if their brother falls ill as well? What is she going to do then?

Soon, they’d reached the school’s front gate. Hyejoo forced a bright smile at her brother.

 

“Oppa, saranghae.” Hyejoo said out of the blue. She didn’t know how to express her gratitude towards him but giving him support in everything he’s doing.

 

Joohyuk looks at her surprised but whispered back.

 

“Love you too.”

 

“Kiss?”  Hyejoo made a face at him. She smacks her lips together, making kissy sound. She points at her lips seductively then at Joohyuk. His eyes widen but he let out a joyful laugh when the girl approached him with her kissy lips, attempting to kiss him in the cheeks. Joohyuk let her peck his cheeks in the end.

 

“Yah, Hyejoo-ah. Don’t worry too much. Our Hyemi is going to wake up soon. You know she’s not as weak as she seems.”

 

Joohyuk ruffles the girl’s hair with a smile.

 

“I’ll go now. See you.”

 

Hyejoo nods with hope and waved back at him as she enters the school compound. She wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter