TWENTY-THREE

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona, I said I’m fine. Must I really come here?”

 

Taemi gave her younger brother a look. Earlier, the clumsy brother of hers broke a few glasses when he attempted to help with dinner and ended up having his hand cut. The wound is quite deep but Taehyung is acting as if it didn’t hurt. Taemi could see the pain in his eyes but he acted as if it’s nothing.

 

“Shut up and just follow me. Oh lord, how can you get hurt so easily? Don’t ever step into the kitchen ever again.”

 

“Yes, madam.” Taehyung said jokingly with a salute.

 

She brought him to the emergency counter and got his wound treated by the doctor on duty.

 

“May I know where the washroom is?”

 

Taehyung ask the reception counter when he excused himself from Taemi. He told her to wait for him in the car.

 

“The washroom on this floor is currently on repair; please go to the third floor. It’s on the right after a left turn on the first lane.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

As Taehyung was leaving, he looked at the bulletin board along the hallway and was just absentmindedly walking past the hospital rooms. He stopped in his track and took a few steps back when someone caught his attention. A figure lying on the bed, why does she look so familiar? Who-

 

“Isn’t that- that- Hyejoo?”

 

A figure lying on the hospital bed lifelessly had an oxygen mask over her face and she looked so pale that he couldn’t recognize her. It couldn’t be her, is it? He just saw her at school today. Did he? It can’t be her.

Taehyung pushed the door open and walked in into the room. With a clearer look of the girl, Taehyung was very sure it is Hyejoo. He stood stoned to his ground and quickly took out his phone from his pocket shakily. He dialed Hoseok’s number and broke the news to him.

 

“Hyung! Hyejoo is in the hospital!!!!” He could hear things clashing down to the floor on the other line.

 

Right after they end the call, his phone rang.

 

“Yah Kim Taehyung! What is taking you so long? If you don’t come down now I’m leaving.”

 

“I’m coming, I’m coming!”

 

He hung up the call and started sprinting off. He hopes everything will be alright for Hoseok and Hyejoo.

 

At the same time, a boy is sprinting his way to the hospital after receiving his friend’s call. He only managed to take his phone with him as he left the house, leaving a questioning mom.

He had no clue what had happened but he couldn’t help but to feel very uneasy. He could feel his heartbeat increasing rapidly as he sprints pass the busy streets of the town. He then only noticed that Hyejoo was absent that morning. It can’t be coincidence, right?

 

Omg, please be okay… Please, Hyejoo, please….

 

Hoseok ran as fast as his legs could bring him and he didn’t realize that tears were already starting to wet his eyes.

 

Hyejoo, I’m sorry. I’m sorry….

 

 

As she opens her eyes, she finds herself lying in the middle of a garden. Sitting up, she saw many flowers lined beside her.

 

“Where am I?”

 

“Hyemi-ah...”

 

Turning to the source of voice, a figure stood a few meters from her. Her vision was blurry at first but after adjusting to the lights, tears kept falling down her cheeks. The elderly woman opens her arms with a warm smile on her face. Swiftly wiping some tears from her chin, she ran into her embrace.

 

“Eomma, I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

 

Hyemi repeats, tightening her arms around her mother’s neck. She didn’t know what to say anymore besides apologizing. After what she’d done, she has no rights to say anything to her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter