TWO

Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome! What would you like- unnie!”

 

When Hyejoo finally looked up from the counter, she immediately smiles at the sight of her sister. She was surprised to see her here because her work normally ends at 6 and she’s half an hour earlier today.

 

“You’re done already?”

 

“Yeah. Mrs. Kim said I could leave early because she’s closing the shop earlier today.”

 

Hyejoo saw a few more customers walking in and queuing up behind Hyemi.

 

“Welcome! What would you like for today?”

 

Sensing that, Hyemi stepped aside and made way for the customers, smiling warmly at them. Hyejoo turned back to the older one and said.

 

“Oh. I’ll be done in a few. Wait for me there!”

 

Hyemi walked over to the empty seat by the window where Hyejoo pointed and patiently looked through her notebook while she waits for her sister. The two of them works part time after school to help lessen their brother’s burden. Hyejoo was hired in this café while Hyemi works as a part time florist at their neighbor’s shop because she’d got interest in handicrafts.

As she looked out from the window, Hyemi thought that enduring life like this was hard but as long as her love ones are happy, she’ll be happy. She thought she was lucky, to have them as her family; a sister who cares for her and a brother who took care of them without fail. Sometimes, she wonders. What would it feel like if there’s no one by her side? How would she be able to endure all this hardships despite being the second oldest in the family? Especially after the mistake she’d made ten years ago.

 

“Unnie, what are you thinking of?”

 

Hyejoo appeared right in front of her, holding two cups of chocolate drink. She took the seat right across the older one and rests her chin on her palms, dreamily. Hyemi lets out a chuckle when Hyejoo yawned, tiredly.

 

“Let’s go home if you’re tired. I’ll make dinner tonight.”

 

“I’ll help.”

 

“It’s okay. Just sleep.”

 

Hyemi got up, taking her bag with her while Hyejoo lazily got up from her seat, sipping from her chocolate drink.

 

“By the way, did anything happen to you today? I kept having this weird feeling in class.”

 

Hyemi asked out of the blue when they got to the bus stop. That question caught Hyejoo off guard because she forgot that her sister could sense things between them. And she didn’t want her sister to know about the whole coffee incident. At the side of the road, Hyemi saw an old woman who dropped her bag of groceries on the ground and didn’t hesitate to help her pick up the things.

 

“Uh- nothing. Nothing happened.”

 

Hyejoo got down and help pick up the things as well. After collecting all the fallen things, the old woman thanked them for their kindness and gave them each an apple which they declined but she insisted on giving them as her gratitude. They accepted the apples and thanked the old woman.

 

"Thanks, halmeoni. Please walk safely back."

 

And the bid her goodbye.

The two of them got on the bus and sat at the first row on the left side.

 

“Oh, really? I’ve thought too much then.”

 

Hyejoo remained silent in case she accidentally spilled any unnecessary information out to her sister. Being twins, they possessed this kind of telepathy ability that allows them to have this special feeling for the other. If one of them were in trouble or was feeling extremely happy, the other one, despite being in any situation would feel t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter