. VIIII

Expose me

OBS! Please, read author note! <3

* * *

“Soo-na, feel free to visit anytime, I liked you,” grandma smiled as we stood in the doorway, ready to leave.

“Thank you! I will visit!” I said and hugged her. What? I’m gonna take advantage of having a grandma, even if she’s not technically mine.

“And you baby boy, bring her more often,” she let go of me and hugged Baekhyun.

“Yes, grandma. Will you be ok?”

She flicked his forehead, “Of course. I’m not dying.”

Both Baekhyun and I smiled.

“Now go, I want to have some time to myself,” she then said waving us away. We hurried to the car, waving back.

“I liked her,” I said to Baekhyun as I closed the door. He grinned at me.

“I thought you’d like her,” he said. I took the shoes off and put my feet up on the dashboard. Baekhyun made a face and I gave him a look.

“Live with it,” I said. Then my phone rung and I took it up, smiling at the name calling me.

“Freaking psychic, “I mumbled to myself and picked up, “Hello, Lay?”

Baekhyun gave me a surprised expression.

“Hey Soo-na. Um, is Baekhyun there? I’ve been trying to call him but… yeah, he won’t pick up.”

“We’ve had bad reception…” I said, smiling a little.

“Really? Where’ve you been? Was it fun? Baekhyun hasn’t told us anything.”

Now I fully grinned, trying not to laugh, “Just… done some visiting…Yeah, it was nice.”

“U-hu… Great! Well, is he there?”

“Sure he is…” I handed the phone to Baekhyun and the two of them went into a deep conversation about something I didn’t pay much attention to. Suddenly they hung up and Baekhyun handed me the phone.

“We need to stop by the studio of ‘Hello radio’. Lay and Xiumin need their papers,” he said, changing file. I nodded.

“Will it take long?”

“Not so…”

 

“Baekhyun-ah, finally!” Lay said when we entered the room they were shooting in. Only my stomach was visible in camera, so I wasn’t really worried. Plus, it was commercial break. The host of the program smiled at me.

“Do you guys want to stay? We’re finished in twenty minutes.”

Baekhyun looked at me and I nodded. It was always fun watching them. We took the seats behind the cameras and watched as they .

“Welcome back,” the host greeted, “It’s time for questions asked by fans, so please ring in.”

We waited for about ten seconds before a staff meant a call was diverted, so Lay picked up, “Good day.”

“Hi, oppa,” a giggle, “could you please give me support. I’m having a really difficult test coming up and I don’t know if I have the strength to do it.”

Lay and Xiumin both gave her some encouraging pep talk they’ve been trained to give. They did not improvise, if that’s what you thought. A few more people ringed and asked the most expected questions. Then a girl rang in and asked them to sing a song for her.

“Sure thing!” Xiumin answered and he and Lay quickly decided what to sing.

“Soo… “Lay panicked for a second, gazing into my eyes, “Um, could you bring the guitar? It’s over there!”

I smiled at him and nodded. The host frowned and looked at me. I went up to get the guitar, which meant I had to show a little for the camera. Well, heck, it’s just my stomach. I took the guitar and walked over to Lay, handing it to him.

“Thank you,” he said and begun to play. While the sound was focused on Lay and Xiumin the host turned to Baek and I.

“What’s your name?”

“Kim Soo-na,” I responded insecure. She nodded.

“The daughter of Kim Young-min…” she said, mostly to herself. I widened my eyes. I actually trusted this lady, but I still couldn’t figure out how she knew.

“That’s why you all know each other…” she turned back to the mike when they were done, “That was lovely boys. Now it’s almost over for today and I want to thank you both for being here. Thank you all the fans who have been watching too, and thank you to Baekhyun and Soo-na,” she said and the camera turned. My blood froze. I couldn’t think. Why was she doing this?

Lay quickly said something that made the cameras turn back to him. The rest was all a blur. All I know was that the camera wasn’t set on me anymore, and I’m pretty sure that was all thanks to Lay.

Now I’ve definitely been exposed. Everyone watches this program. Even though it’s a radio show they still watch it. .

“Um, excuse me?” I asked when they were done, “Could you maybe cut that last part out?”

The host smiled at me, “I know you don’t want to be showed, don’t you remember when you told me?”

Her face suddenly appeared in my memory. It was a night almost two years ago during a party my father held. I’d been sitting beside her all night talking about my life, which she was very curious about.

“It’s fine,” she said, which just made me more confused, “Your father talked to me. It was him who asked Lay to call you here and film you. We’ll cut it, he just wanted to let you taste the feel.”

I let out a long held breath, “So you won’t show it?”

“No,” she smiled sympathetically, “though, you should really consider going out with who you are. Sure, it’s scary as , but it’s worth it. Your name gives you power.”

I thought about it for a moment. Maybe it was the power I was scared of?

“Thanks unnie,” I then said and half hugged her. Baekhyun then came and threw an arm around my shoulders.

“Ready to go?” he asked and I nodded, “Bye noona.”

She smiled as good-bye and blinked at me.

I yawned when we entered the car.

“You tired?” Baekhyun asked me. I gave him a nod, “Try to sleep some on the way then.”

I did as he said and closed my eyes. I actually hated sleeping in cars. I was never able to. Though, I fell into slumber really quickly and soon enough I was woken up by a shake.

“Soo-na, we’re here…” Baekhyun’s angelic voice called. I groaned a little and felt him laughing.

Glad my sleeping’s making someone happy.

Then I felt two arms under me and suddenly I was carried bridal-style through the yard –I think. I was really too tired to care. I just rested my head on his hard chest.

“Baekhyun-ah,” I then heard my moms’ voice, after a door opening, “Naw… Oh, just take the stairs up and turn left. Are you staying?”

Yes, please. Wait… no. Yes. No… hum. Right, I’m sleeping.

“No, I have to head back.”

Crap.

“Okay, well thank you for taking her anyways. You know, you could’ve waked her up. With a little strength and determination it’s possible.”

I mentally rolled my eyes and heard Baekhyun chuckle. What? He doubts it?

The only reason why I’m not waking up and saving his back from all this weight is maybe just because I like it here in his arms, simply. It’s comfortable.

I got placed in my bed and felt him some hair out of my face.

Please say something embarrassing so I can tease you for the rest of your life.

“Good night, Soo-na,” he said and kissed my forehead.

*Sigh* He’s so sweet.

He got ready to leave and I slowly opened my eyes and grabbed his wrist as he got up. I took a deep breath; this took a whole lot of courage.

“Can’t you stay?” I asked. It was a good thing I could blame the tiredness if he took me for a complete idiot. He stared at me for a while, and then he nodded.

“Scoot over then,” he said and I did as he said. He laid himself next to me and I turned around to face him, my body firing fireworks inside.

“Thank you,” I whispered before resting my head on his chest and falling asleep. He my hair for a while before he, too, fell asleep. It had been a perfect day –and OMG, Baekhyun is sleeping in my bed. Next to me! I was so comfortable.

 

“Yah! Yah, honey!” Tae-hee whisper-snapped at her husband, who came running ungracefully at the sound of his wife’s voice, “Look at this!”

They both peeked into their daughters’ room, where the two youths snuggled closer in their sleep.

Young-min’s eyes widened, “What the… he’s not allowed in her bed,” he snapped and was just inches from running in when his wife stopped him.

“Calm your pants, the young people have more self-control these days. He won’t do anything.”

He then smiled at her, relaxing a little bit, “I think we’re doing a pretty good job then,” Young-min said. His wife snorted.

“We haven’t done anything, yet.”

Young-min smiled at her and kissed her temple, “I can take him with me tomorrow. He doesn’t have to worry about that.”

“Yeah, sure. Just don’t scare him.”

“I won’t… They remind me of us!”

“I just hope their love story won’t be as dramatic as ours.”

“It’s impossible for them to avoid drama, honey, and you know it.”

“Yeah… Hey, how’d the school-visit-plans go?”

“Perfect. I have a perfect plan.”

 

“Soo-na? Soo-na, come on! Wake up!” I groaned as someone shook me. God, I haven’t slept this good in God knows how long. I snuggled closer into the person shaking me. Why did this person make me feel so good?

“Soo-na, it’s not fun anymore. You will be late.”

Ugh, school.

“Do you think I care about school?” I asked. Baekhyun sighed.

“You’ll lose your perfect attendance…” and in a blink of an eye I was up and in the shower. When I got out again I found Baekhyun sitting on my bed.

“Your dad said he could take me with him on his way to work,” he said. I nodded and seated myself next to him.

“Have you eaten?”

He shook his head and I took his hand and dragged him with me downstairs. Mid-eating the doorbell rang. It was probably Jong-joon.

“Can you open?” I asked Baekhyun. First he gave me a hesitant look but then he went to the front door. I heard the door open and then… quiet. Strange. I went to take a look and froze when I saw who it was.

How the did he know where I live?

“Hey, Soo-na…” the boy from the bus said and gazed between Baekhyun and me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked and Baekhyun, sensing the tension, backed.

“I thought maybe we could accompany each other to school. Since we’re basically already stalking each other.”

I crossed my arms, “How do you know where I live?”

He chuckled, “Oh come on! I’m not retarded, you know. There is only one house around here and since you always went here, I kind of put one and one together.”

Strangely, I didn’t really care he had seen Baekhyun. I was more worried about him knowing where I lived, somehow.

“Soo-na,” Baekhyun suddenly piped up and the boys eyes went to him, “Who is this?”

“It’s… Ehm… It’s…” I waited for him to help me out, since he hadn’t told me his name yet, but he didn’t, “No one.”

The boy raised his brows and I said to him, “You better leave. See you at school.”

“No accompany?”

“No.”

I closed the door and Baekhyun looked at me worriedly, “Is he the guy you’ve told me about.”

I nodded, “Yeah, it is. And now he knows where I live. And that I know you.”

I sighed really deep. Would he tell anyone?

Baekhyun gave me a concerned look, “Will you be okay? Do you want me to follow you to school?”

I chuckled bitterly, then I sighed, “I really wish you could. I think I need you… But at the same time I just think that’ll make it worse. I’ll talk to him. Thank you.”

Baekhyun gave me a sad but warming hug and buried his face in my neck, no words needed.

 

“Hey! Yah! Stop!” I shouted after the boy when I saw him on the schoolyard. Some students gave me a weird look.

I know, it’s weird seeing the outcast making some sort of conversation, but whatever.

The boy stopped and turned around, wearing a cocky smile. I ran up to him and stared at him while catching my breath.

“Will you tell anyone?”

“About… what?” he asked, still smirking.

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about,” I snapped. His grin disappeared and he nodded while clicking his tongue. 

“Maybe, maybe not,” so he turned away, ready to leave, but I took his hand.

“Please, don’t. It’s important to me.”

My eyes pleaded and he looked at me. Then he looked at our hands –was that almost a blush?- and then he looked back to my face. The mocking expression was nowhere to be found and instead replaced with sympathy. Then he nodded again.

“I won’t tell,” he said. Then he let go of me and walked away.

Why was he so kind? It’s unnatural.

“Wait,” I shouted after him and he turned around, “What is your name?”

He smiled a little, “Hongbin,” he said.

* * *

Another update! ^^

I have a sad story to tell ya'll...

In two days time my about two months break will be over and school's staring again.

 

photo sam-dong-crying_zpsd9wngthw.jpg

Actually, scratch that. My friend just told me it's only one day left.

 

photo tumblr_m4fvi6jD361r7bf2a_zpskhb9ovfi.gif

And this is pretty much how I'm going to be dealing with it for the rest of the year

 

photo 24zzjpg_zpslriphhbr.jpg

End of sad story.

No, but seriously. I don't know how to deal with it, I'm not ready for school yet and I have no idea of where the break went. But I'm totally sure of that I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY READY. Anyways -this was a very long AN- I might get a little slow with the updates from now on, but then again, I've never given two s about school before so it'll probably just continue as it is. Thank you.

Subscribe and upvote! Saranghae! 

 

photo tumblr_mvobljwUkv1qgnxifo3_500_zpsjw7xgvv2.gif

Let's end it all with some happy Bacon and pretend life isn't . Bye! <3